Did Bond revisit Skyfall before he went back in Skyfall?

MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
In the trailer, Moneypenny's gives Bond stuff from Skyfall, and we see the burnt photo and guardian certificate. But why would they be at Skyfall? Does that mean that Bond took the photo, cut out the face in the picture, took the guardian certificate, and....just left it at Skyfall? With Kincade? Why would he not have it with him at his apartment or with the guardians?
1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)

Comments

• DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Good question and good point. Well I guess the most obvious reasoning would be that Bond stayed at Skyfall with Kingcade AFTER those pictures en the certificate were made. Or else this stuff obviously couldn't have been recovered from Skyfall.
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    It's an evidence box. Full of stuff investigators found there after the fire. The photo is partially burnt.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    It's an evidence box. Full of stuff investigators found there after the fire. The photo is partially burnt.

But there's a circle in the third person's face. That wasn't burnt; somebody cut the face out. But it couldn't of been Bond, because why would he cut a face out of the photo, but then forget about it?
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    Skyfall went up in flames, however even in most serious fires, there are remains.

After Silva was killed and Bond returned to England, chances are that MI6 went to Skyfall to investigate what happened to compile a report. What remained in the box Moneypenney gives Bond is all that's left from Skyfall.

Skyfall had been Bond's Grandfather's estate and had been passed down through the generations. Bond spent time between his grandfather at Skyfall, his Aunt Charmaine (who had primary custody) and others (Oberhauser for instance) after his parents died. Chances are that any old documents or elements from his past would be stored there with other elements of their family history.

The question is whether the fire burned the photo, Bond removed the other person from the photo before Skyfall went up, or a third party who had access to the photo before Bond WHO KNEW who the photo contained removed the third person from the picture.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Maybe Kincade had something to do with it?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Asp9mm wrote:

But there's a circle in the third person's face. That wasn't burnt; somebody cut the face out. But it couldn't of been Bond, because why would he cut a face out of the photo, but then forget about it?

It's clearly burnt out, not cut. Look at it again, it's charred and blackened.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

A couple of people have said it was cut out...which confused me as it's clearly burnt and charred...glad you see that too, Asp9mm -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

A couple of people have said it was cut out...which confused me as it's clearly burnt and charred...glad you see that too, Asp9mm -{

I can't see how anyone can miss it. You see the back and the front quite clearly in the trailer and it's all burned to buggery.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

I can't see how anyone can miss it. You see the back and the front quite clearly in the trailer and it's all burned to buggery.

It's definitely been burnt and not cut....but on closer inspection it looks like the photo has been held over a flame, in order to get rid of that persons face, which gives the impression of a circular cut...so, imo it does look intentional, rather than just charred or burnt randomly.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

It's definitely been burnt and not cut....but on closer inspection it looks like the photo has been held over a flame, in order to get rid of that persons face, which gives the impression of a circular cut...so, imo it does look intentional, rather than just charred or burnt randomly.

Or in fact the props department had to eliminate the head, and it's hard to do that randomly with burning and to look natural at the same time ;)