Will Q get his own wristwatch in Spectre?

StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
I can't be the only one that thought Ben did an awesome job as Q and adds a great style too, equal but opposite to Bond. I'm sure he's set to be an icon in his own right.

I think it would be a massive missed trick by Omega to not sort him out with something for Spectre a bit unique to the character. I'd love it to be a rare vintage chronostop or a digital seiko but that's not going to help shift a new Omega! It would be easy to slip him into an elegant DeVille like Tanner but there are a few other options:

They could give him a new speedy, maybe a MKII
mark-ii-showroom.jpg or even a spacemaster x33 web_speedmaster_z33_01.jpg Although the latter is probably too large and bit over the top. Looks a bit like sputnik.

Bit left field but how about the new Seamaster Bullhead with the inner bezel?showroom_bullhead.jpg Still on the large side but it's quirky, modern with nods to the vintage and it's practical for timing all those wacky gadgets the branch don't make anymore 8-)

More than likely missed an obvious choice. So what do you think, should Q get his own?

Comments

• StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    I have thought the same, I mean Omega would have cocktail wear, action wear and now lab wear. Though, as much as you want a Bond watch that is on screen, would you want a Bond watch that is not a Bond watch ya know?
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    I have thought the same, I mean Omega would have cocktail wear, action wear and now lab wear. Though, as much as you want a Bond watch that is on screen, would you want a Bond watch that is not a Bond watch ya know?

I'm not sure I follow but remember that Moneypenny was wearing an Omega in Skyfall! :)
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    I'm not sure I follow but remember that Moneypenny was wearing an Omega in Skyfall! :)

Indeed, Moneypenny was wearing an Omega Aqua Terra in Skyfall.

Berenice Marlohe and Naomie Harris, Skyfall actresses become Omega ambassadors
    http://passionmontres.com/berenice-marlohe-et-naomie-harris-les-actrices-de-skyfall.html

james-bond-girls-skyfall-7b5df-11724.jpg
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Alex EdwardAlex Edward Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    I also think he Q is also the good option for the produce placement, i have read somewhere that after Daniel Craig turned down with the deal of carrying Sony Xpera Z4, they might approach Ben Whishaw as an alternative option!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,615Chief of Staff
    I also think he Q is also the good option for the produce placement, i have read somewhere that after Daniel Craig turned down with the deal of carrying Sony Xpera Z4, they might approach Ben Whishaw as an alternative option!

Craig didn't turn them down - Sony thought they would get better value-for-money by using Q...
    YNWA 97
  • Alex EdwardAlex Edward Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Craig didn't turn them down - Sony thought they would get better value-for-money by using Q...

I have read several blog that Craig turned down the Sony deal saying that phone is not cool for 007, which cause them to look other options.
    Sir Miles wrote:

I have read several blog that Craig turned down the Sony deal saying that phone is not cool for 007, which cause them to look other options.

Have you ? Could you post links, please ?
    What I reported was from the 'Sony leaks'...direct from the source as it were -{
    YNWA 97
  • StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

What I reported was from the 'Sony leaks'...direct from the source as it were -{

It was in the metro a while ago (one of those stories that got picked up by all the minor printings), not sure how accurate it is, but it paints them in a nice light I guess.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/25/daniel-craig-turned-down-5m-spectre-deal-because-sony-phones-arent-cool-enough-for-james-bond-5167150/

Slightly back on topic, all the shots I've got from Q on set he's in a jumper or parka so it's looking slimmer he'll have anything shiny from omega :#
    Stirling wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

It was in the metro a while ago (one of those stories that got picked up by all the minor printings), not sure how accurate it is, but it paints them in a nice light I guess.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/25/daniel-craig-turned-down-5m-spectre-deal-because-sony-phones-arent-cool-enough-for-james-bond-5167150/

Slightly back on topic, all the shots I've got from Q on set he's in a jumper or parka so it's looking slimmer he'll have anything shiny from omega :#

Thanks for the link -{ It's from the Metro - so that's all I need to know :))
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Casio calculator watch from the 80s -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Being a fan of gadgets, it will be the old Timex with a compass built in !
    Wow the high tec, we used to have. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."