Your idiosyncrasies

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    On my travels I've seen some good fish and chip shop names:
    A Salt 'n' Battered
    The Frying Scotsman
    A Fish Called Rhondda (Wales)
    :)
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    On my travels I've seen some good fish and chip shop names:
    A Salt 'n' Battered
    The Frying Scotsman
    A Fish Called Rhondda (Wales)
    :)

:)) :)) The best one I've seen was 'The Contented Sole'.
    :))
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    "Goodbye Mr. Chips"
    "A Happy Plaice" - I bet he wasn't
    "The Codfather"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/lets-go-fishcotheque#.rywNQmMr3
    13 Fish And Chip Shops With Brilliant But Terrible Punning Names
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Almost always wear a sport coat over a casual shirt. I have dozens and dozens of both.

Have dozens of shoes but only seem to wear one or two pairs regularly.

I'm either well dressed and coordinated or casual to the point of looking homeless.

Eat spaghetti from a can.

Don't wear a watch or carry a wallet.

Have no cell phone.

Speed into my driveway like the Batmobile returning to base.

Live in a big house but only occupy a few rooms.

Have a series of catchphrases.

Have more women friends than men friends (which seems odd to a lot of people though not me).

I cut my own hair.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    I always wear a watch.

I always wear black shoes, never trainers.

I constantly write notes and article ideas concerning James Bond and other topics of interest.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Miss a decent UK fish and chips with curry sauce / mushy peas etc

I thought served in paper was long gone due to "health and safety" crap??
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Miss a decent UK fish and chips with curry sauce / mushy peas etc

I thought served in paper was long gone due to "health and safety" crap??

Well to clarify they still use paper around fish and chips in the UK, just not newspaper which has newsprint dye on it of course.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I'd never put ice into Whisky.

Generally a fan of chilled drinks - but not with my Single Malts!
    good man! I never drink any decent whisky or bourbon with ice or anything else in it.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I always put my left shoe /boot/trainer ect ect on first .I always wear black socks ,except my red ones wich I only wear with my Starsky adidas trainers :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    edited April 2016
    Hi

I can't stand cross kitchen (I call it cross-chicken-kitchen).
    I f***ing hate modern western sushi, you know the stuff with mayo and avocado and sith!
    I get irritated by badly dressed (what I mean by this, that they are not necessarily "badly dressed" in conventional way, but that they are dressed in a wrong way, you know tie tied poorly or in a wrong way, etc) news and sports journalists. To the point that my wife no longer watches news with me. 8-)
    I can blabber about my "personal life" (mostly fabricated stuff) endlessly with strangers, but I won't discuss work related stuff even with my wife. (This irritates my wife continuously, she's always complaining that she's out of the loop).
    I wear a watch everywhere, even in sauna. I have a beater watch for this use only.
    I have a flashlight and a knife on me all the time. (I have managed to incorporate a knife (-like object) even to my carry on in aeroplanes.... shhhh don't tell anyone....)
    I try to drink the best beverages I can afford, except whisky, which I like cheap and nasty, my current favorites being VAT69 and Jim Beam.
    Aand finally: I am absolutely addicted to news, I follow several news feeds on smart devices, I have a 24hr news channel on at all times in home and at work and I get e-mail alerts when I'm otherwise occupied and unable to actively follow.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Should this be in off topic chat?
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,317Chief of Staff
    Hm, possibly- anyone want to second that?
    "I'm Free !" so Yes. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,317Chief of Staff
    Certainly, Mr Granger!
    :)) I'm more Mr Lucas
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I can't stand Chuck Norris jokes. So I wrote one myself:
    Chuck Norris had a fight with an IQ test. It went down.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    When I eat, I like to have a small bit of everything on my fork at the same time: morsel of meat, small square of potato, half a green bean etc. I portion out my food so that at the end of the meal, I still have enough of each for the final mouthful. Even with a hamburger and chips or fish and chips, woe be told anyone who pinches my last chip and leaves me with only a final bite of burger or fish.
    stag wrote:
    I always wear black shoes, never trainers.

A tip. Polish your shoes as normal - I presume you polish them - afterwards wipe over with one of those instant shoe shine sponges. The result an almost parade ground ready shine. I stumbled across this many years ago. I have always liked well polished shoes/boots especially when in uniform. I had polished my boots one day then wondered what effect running the sponge over them would have. Hey presto a superb finish.

Thanks for the tip, stag. I'll have to do that from now on! I have used those shine sponges in the past. :) -{
    I do like those shine sponges, very hand when you've forgotten to polish
    your shoes and you're in a hurry.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    They're also very handy to have if you find yourself stranded in a desert without water and you've just drunk your last tin of motor oil. Sucking the liquid polish out of one of those sponges can buy you at least an extra hour!
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    They're also very handy to have if you find yourself stranded in a desert without water and you've just drunk your last tin of motor oil. Sucking the liquid polish out of one of those sponges can buy you at least an extra hour!

Unless QUANTUM catch up with you first!
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

Unless QUANTUM catch up with you first!

:))
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I'm too guarded, i'm cynical, opinionated, hypocritical, hold grudges, daft, self-degrading and spend most my time worrying and stressing out over trivial stuff that's usually just one of life's crappy situations that's out of my control.

But on the plus side I'd like to think I'm loyal, knowledgeable (I know everything about nothing), dedicated and try not to blow my own trumpet too much (really hurts the ribs).

I try to live by Q's final advice to bond in TWINE but usually fail dismally at both parts.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    oh and I'm forgetful
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    oh and I'm forgetful

Good one mingeff! :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    IanT wrote:
    "Goodbye Mr. Chips"
    "The Codfather"
    "frying nemo" in Carlton Yorkshire.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I hate my car being dirty,
    I only wear a certain 2 tom ford aftershaves,
    I always go to the same barbers,
    I don't like flavour shots in coffee,
    My kitchen knives have got to be sharp and cleaned and put away immediately after use.
    I have loads of others but I'm stopping now for fear of sounding totally ocd!!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    IanT wrote:
    "Goodbye Mr. Chips"
    "The Codfather"
    "frying nemo" in Carlton Yorkshire.

Is that the Carlton just outside of Skipton?
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    I have another one. My wife pointed it out after I had gone into one of my grumblings at this party we went to in Saturday night. I didn't even realize I did this, so it hast to be true. It is so deep that it borders on paranoia.....

I have a deep distrust of anyone that calls them selves as being straight talking and honest. My wife says that I always start the same grumbling how they use their "honesty" and "straight talking as a thin smokescreen to hide the fact that they are only being disrespectful and insulting. She even said that most of my friends are people she wouldn't trust at all because there is something "shifty" about them, and that people I usually distrust and complain about are people that to her seem like honest people. Go figure!
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech