Any Coaster/Theme Park fans on here?

2»

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I'd highly recommend Never Send Flowers though and its serial killer villain. Gardner astutely updates the perils for the 1990s faced by our intrepid hero and the mix of spy, horror and serial killer elements really works. I will say no more so as not to spoil it for you. :) -{

Although for balance I'll tell you it's bl**dy terrible and a waste of your time to read !

You have been warned {:)

Sir Miles, did you have to spoil my moment to wax lyrical on NSF? :# :))

You know how much it means to me. I'm writing a sort of dissertation on the novel as I like the risks Gardner took with it. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I'd highly recommend Never Send Flowers though and its serial killer villain. Gardner astutely updates the perils for the 1990s faced by our intrepid hero and the mix of spy, horror and serial killer elements really works. I will say no more so as not to spoil it for you. :) -{

Although for balance I'll tell you it's bl**dy terrible and a waste of your time to read !

You know how much it means to me. I'm writing a sort of dissertation on the novel as I like the risks Gardner took with it. -{

Yea, I know how you like it...about as much as I loathe it :))
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yea, I know how you like it...about as much as I loathe it :))

At least we can agree that it affects us both deeply...albeit in different ways. Hey, I'm even called Dragonpol on another Bond forum. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It's always fun to be touched, deeply. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It's always fun to be touched, deeply. :D

Many people do think I'm "touched" for liking Never Send Flowers so much. :))
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Well, since this is a James Bond site and we're talking rides, did anybody here get to experience the James Bond License To Thrill "ride" It would've been shown in an Action Theater. It been almost 20 years since it was out there. Just discovered something on youtube, not sure if it was the intro to the ride or shown once you sat down. Has Dame Judi Dench, Desmond Llewyn. Not sure what the rules are about posting clips. Technically not a Bond movie, but is probably the property of someone. If a mod gives me permission, I'll post the intro to the ride. Still looking to see if the footage of the ride is out there.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Well, since this is a James Bond site and we're talking rides, did anybody here get to experience the James Bond License To Thrill "ride" It would've been shown in an Action Theater. It been almost 20 years since it was out there. Just discovered something on youtube, not sure if it was the intro to the ride or shown once you sat down. Has Dame Judi Dench, Desmond Llewyn. Not sure what the rules are about posting clips. Technically not a Bond movie, but is probably the property of someone. If a mod gives me permission, I'll post the intro to the ride. Still looking to see if the footage of the ride is out there.

I remember this...but I think it was only in London...the intro has been posted on here before - many years ago - so it should be ok to do so...
    YNWA 97
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

I remember this...but I think it was only in London...the intro has been posted on here before - many years ago - so it should be ok to do so...

It was in my local theme park here in the San Francisco Bay Area. The park was owned by Paramount. Not sure what the connection was between Paramount and James Bond. Any who, I stumbled upon this video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UCA4u1dCCU&spfreload=10
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Ive heard that Paramount are planning to open a Disney style theme park ,right here on my door step (it will near Bluewater)they say it could generate 25,000 jobs here in Kent . Ive got my ears open for a part time job :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    The James Bond Licence to Thrill ride was rotated through several paramount parks (They owend Kings Island and Dominion, Canada's Wonderland, California's Great America and Carowinds) from around 1996 to 2002, or thereabouts. Judi Dench and Desmond Llewyln had roles in the ride. It was a simulator in Action Theatre.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)