What is MI4?

MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
Reading articles and videos about the footage and CinemaCon, some refer to MI4. Is this MI5 and MI6 together, as in the original plot summary of them coming together? Or just an error.
1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    According to wikipedia, MI4 was responsible for aerial reconnaissance and interpretation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MI4
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I think it was just a typo in one article that ended up getting copied by others
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    MI 1-6 are all seperate intelligence agencies of the same branch of government, england. They are Military Intelligence, sections 1 through 6
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Actually, it went a lot higher than MI6. I know that MI9 was escape and evasion for POWs and downed airmen. Can't remember what MI7 and 8 were although I think one was propaganda and one was signals or communication or something. Off the top of my head I don't know if it went higher than MI9 but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
    Actually, it went a lot higher than MI6. I know that MI9 was escape and evasion for POWs and downed airmen. Can't remember what MI7 and 8 were although I think one was propaganda and one was signals or communication or something. Off the top of my head I don't know if it went higher than MI9 but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

According to Wikipedia it went up to MI19

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directorate_of_Military_Intelligence
    now i think it goes up to 6

Only MI5 and MI6 exist now, and they aren't even called that anymore.
    Matt S wrote:

Only MI5 and MI6 exist now, and they aren't even called that anymore.

Or did it fake it and is still operating secretly?
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    MI 1-6 are all seperate intelligence agencies of the same branch of government, england. They are Military Intelligence, sections 1 through 6

A further correction for you Shatterfang... :)

They are separate intelligence agencies, but are certainly not part of the same branch of the British (not English) government. For example, The Security Service or MI5 comes under the Home Office and the Secret Intelligence Service or MI6 comes under the Foreign Office.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
    Alec 006 wrote:

A further correction for you Shatterfang... :)

They are separate intelligence agencies, but are certainly not part of the same branch of the British (not English) government. For example, The Security Service or MI5 comes under the Home Office and the Secret Intelligence Service or MI6 comes under the Foreign Office.

But they all were part of the War Office originally, right? For a few films, the War Office building was pictured as Bond's headquarters.
  • Alex EdwardAlex Edward Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    It may be a typing error, there is only Mi6 and Mi5 which both might feature in Spectre