New Ongoing Bond Comic

123457»

Comments

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Whoa, just read both. Amazing job. The hardcover will soon find its way into my bookcase.

For any doubters out there, this is very high quality, easily one of the best Bond stories. Just missing a bit of brand name dropping in order to feel fully Flemingesque (yet modern).

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent

Whenever I purchase the Dynamite comics, I have always done so on Apple Books so that I can read them in my tablet. But this time, the 007 run is not showing up. Odd.

• IstvanTheHun007IstvanTheHun007 Posts: 75MI6 Agent

There is a whole new series out, by Philip Kenney Johnson. Issue #3 this month.

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent

Got my copy of issue # 3 today, it was quite a read. Without getting into spoilers, Bond has gone even further down the rabbit hole in his investigation into the people responsible for Gwen Gann's death. The artwork continues to astonish me as well. Glad I was able to get a copy of this, my regular comic book store was sold out of it and I had to go to another store just to get a copy.

edited November 2022

New issue of 007 is on the way for Wednesday of this week, I ordered a copy of it online as part of sale that Mid Town comics (based in New York City) was running on Friday and Saturday of this past week. Issue #3 left Bond in a pretty sticky situation without going into spoiler territory. Looking forward to reading issue #4, especially since it feels like it was a pretty long wait for this issue to be released.

Guys, I operate a comicbook store and would love to be able to order more 007, if someone needs it shipped to them. Or I can help you find a local store that carries it and get it pre-ordered for you. I want to support Dynamite's Ian Fleming license, as it's literally the only new Bond content available to us since the last Horowitz novel.

edited December 2022

Got the fourth issue at last, the comic bookstore I ordered from messed up on my shipping address and they had to contact me to confirm my address. Bond has been forced by the enemy to obtain classified information on a visiting political leader they want to assassinate once he sets foot in England. Bond also accessed some information about Gwen Gann's murder investigation from the same site he was ordered to infiltrate on the enemy's behalf. Whatever he learned is not revealed in this issue, although I am sure it will come up in the next one.

UPDATE: Issue number 5 is for sale as of today, got my copy and I read it. Bond is headed to a confrontation with the organization behind Gwen Gann's death. I don't want to spoil anything story wise, so I will not go into further details. Also, the artist did a great job at capturing the look of present-day London with a number of well-known landmarks present in the background of a few panels during the opening of the story.

edited January 2023

Issue #6 of 007 drops on January 25th, really looking forward to seeing how the story ends. This one is quite a step up from some of the pervious stories I must say. Hope that Dynamite continues to put out more stories.

Seems a lot of the readers are very critical of the art in this series.

edited January 2023

New story titled For King and Country coming out in April according to this article:For King And Country - Preview the new comic from Dynamite coming this April - James Bond 007 :: MI6 - The Home Of James Bond (mi6-hq.com)

UPDATE: Got the last issue of 007 from my comics store today, glad that I stopped in since it literally was the last issue for sale in the store. Without getting into spoilers, this last issue sets into motion what is to come in the next series. Also, there is a nice fight scene with Bond going hand to hand with Rook, the main henchman that he been giving him trouble since the beginning of the story.

April 12th is when the first issue For King and Country arrives at comic book stores. Really looking forward to reading it.

edited May 2023

Got the first issue of For King and Country in hand. Really enjoyed it, quite a few surprises in store in this issue without going into spoiler territory. One thing is for sure, James Bond has an uphill battle to fight in the books to come. Issue number 2 arrives on May 24th.

Glad to see people are enjoying 007 For King & Country

edited June 2023

Got issue #2 of For King and Country today. It is really interesting seeing Bond stripped of his usual resources and forced to use whatever he can find quickly to continue his fight against his enemies. The odds are really not in his favor at the moment. June 28th is the release date for issue #3.

Got my copy of 007: For King and Country #3 today, and I was not disappointed. Really great to see Felix Leiter return, it has been a while since he last appeared. Hope that he can help James Bond, since Bond has nobody else back at MI6 that he can rely on, not even M or Miss Moneypenny. Also, I liked that other 00 section agents appear in this issue and we get a little bit more on Bond's relationships with a few of them.

edited August 2023

New issue of 007: For King and Country #4 arrives at stores tomorrow. I will defiantly be picking up my copy then.

UPDATE: Got my copy today, I had to go to two different comic books stores just to get it since the first store was sold out of it and the second store only had one issue left which I picked up. Bond is headed to a confrontation with his enemies and has only a small amount resources and not many people he can trust at the moment since Myrmidon (the global PMC he battled in the pervious series prior For King and Country) is now connected to the government of the United Kingdom and has connections that would rival Spectre's in both Ian Fleming's novels and the film series. Only time will tell how Bond gets out of this one alive.

edited September 2023

Issue # 5 of 007 for King and Country arrives this week. Glad that I told my local comic bookstore to hold a copy for me. Really looking forward to reading it. UPDATE: What an issue, Bond and Gwen Gann are stepping up their plans to stop Myrmidon. However, Gann's appears to have some hidden plans up her sleeve, without getting into spoiler territory. Not sure if this was a nod to the Daniel Craig films or not, but I thought it was interesting that MI6's standard firearms in this story are the Walther PPK and The Sig Sauer P226.

Just read this earlier today, glad that once 007: For King and Country ends a new series from writer Garth Ennis and artist Rapha Lobosco with cover artwork by Dave Johnson: Your Cold, Cold Heart - Writer Garth Ennis is penning a new James Bond story for Dynamite Comics - James Bond 007 :: MI6 - The Home Of James Bond (mi6-hq.com)

edited January 19

Got the 6th and final issue of 007: For King and Country today. What a rollercoaster ride this issue was, without getting into spoiler territory. Things really turned out differently than how I had thought they would. The new story coming in January from writer Garth Ennis "Your Cold, Cold Heart" also a really nice full page in this issue as well. It hits store shelves on January 17th!

UPDATE: Got my copy of "Your Cold, Cold Heart" today and what a treat it was to read. The MacGuffin in this story as mentioned in the press releases from Dynamite is known as Stalvoda( roughly translated as "Steel Water" from Russian) a bioweapon that can kill and leave virtually no trace. A 00 agent recovered it from the Soviet Union during the Cold War, when it was under development and British scientists were able to perfect it before their lab was attacked and it was taken. Really pleased to see artist Rapha Lobosco return having enjoyed his artwork in the Black Box story from Dynamite back in 2017. Cannot wait to see what happens next.

edited February 26

Issue #2 of "Your Cold Cold Heart" is now on sale, looking forward to reading it. UPDATE: Read issue # 2 and it was incredible, the people behind the theft of Stalvoda are willing to go to great lengths to keep it. Bond had to fight off a whole team of mercenaries before he could safely contact M, about any possible leads. M was able to provide with the name of a person connected to research on Stalvod and Bond is now looking to find them. There is a really great twist on the last page, which I won't spoil here. Looking forward to reading what happens next.

Who else is reading the NEW James Bond 007 comic written by Garth Ennis?

edited April 9

Issue #3 just arrived at comic bookstores this past Wednesday, looking forward to reading it.

UPDATE: Really enjoyed this issue, Bond has discovered that his troubles have only begun. The person of interest he had hoped would get him closer to the truth was killed before he could get all of the intelligence he needed. Still, he was able to work out who the killer was. Moneypenny also had a close encounter with a hired killer. Also, seeing Bond on The International Space Station was really amazing. Never thought that outside of the video games, I would see him go to space again. Issue #4 arrives on April 17th at a comic bookstore near you.

Got my copy of issue #4 today, and it was an incredible read. Bond is back on Earth and is working toward finding the answers he is looking forward. Lots of twists and turns happing in this issue, which for the sake of spoilers, I will not be getting into. Looking forward to what is going to happen next. Also, I really enjoyed how Bond and Moneypenny's relationship in the comics follows how their relationship is in the Daniel Craig Bond movies. This most recent issue especially highlights it.