Spectre Metaphor / Foreshadowing???

ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
edited August 2015 in SPECTRE - Bond 24 (2015)
I thought of a potential metaphor. Romulus and Reemus were brothers, and the two founders of Rome. Their parents were killed and they were raised by a She-Wolf. There is a famous statue of them as babies sucking on the tits of the She-Wolf (named Lupa Capitolina or the Capitoline Wolf). The Statue currently resides in the Musei Capitolini Museum in Rome. Eventually they ask the Gods for the first sign of divine intervention to declare one of them the king of Rome. A sign comes in the form of a bird, and one of them kills the other to claim ownership over Rome. Trailer Spoilers: James Bond might be the adopted brother of Franz Oberhauser, through temporary guardianship. And they meet back up in Rome! Now we know Bond's parents are killed, but we don't know if Oberhauser's father was killed. It seems to me in the trailer that he would have to be holding some sort of grudge over bond for something for him to be 'the author of all his pain'. I think bond could be responsible for Hannes Oberhauser's death. It sort of sounds like Oberhauser could have caused Bond's parent's death but i don't know how he would have if he would have been like anywhere from 12-24 at the time of Bond's parent's death. The She-Wolf could be a metaphor for Judi Dench's M but then again i don't think M trained Oberhauser since she trained Silva that would be repeating. But if Rome, at the time was pretty much the global dominant power of rome, then maybe Mi6 or Spectre are a metaphor for Rome. Mi6 is currently like the fall of Rome, it is crumbling, and Spectre is like the rise of a new Rome. Mendez would have to have real balls but what if Bond fought Oberhauser for control of Mi6? Then he could fit in that metaphor of how Octopuses latch onto organizations and engulf them. Sam Mendez seems to be the only bond director so far that has bothered to use hidden themes and metaphors. But it is just fun metaphor dont you think?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It's a very interesting idea. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    Shewolf was also a slang word for prostitute in ancient Rome. Does that theory exclude Dame Dench as the Shewolf? :v
  • Lady IceLady Ice Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Sam Mendez seems to be the only bond director so far that has bothered to use hidden themes and metaphors.

I think all of the Craig films have hidden themes and metaphors. Goldeneye certainly has themes and subtext, as does The World is Not Enough. Even Die Another Day has a theme!
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    Apparently, in the books,
    Oberhauser Sr. (Waltz's dad) was Bond's climbing/skiing instructor.

Therefore, I assumed that
    the reason Oberhauser has a grudge against Bond is that perhaps he was involved in some tragic accident while instructing Bond.

Or something like that.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • The Debonair BondThe Debonair Bond Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    The idea of the fallen brother is a common theme in world religion and mythology, going back to Cain and Abel.

Your ideas are quite possible
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    A few of the old 1930s Gangster films used it too, one brother
    Holds down an honest job, while the other becomes a local
    Scumbag ....... Although he makes loads more money! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."