Watch help.

124»

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    No problems polishing off the AR coating. Your crystal will not suffer from that.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Brietling
    BrEItling 8-)

Oopsy. I used to be an ambassador for them too so that's discraceful :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    so that's discraceful :))

There have been countless cases on AJB where you've done things far more disgraceful than that :D
    And nothing beats the purchase of the AT and the Exp 39 mm :p

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    SKYFALLAT_zpseb30f6ab.jpg

Explorer_zps21aaa844.jpg

:p
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    :o :o :o
    You should get banned for these awful arrangements and choices! :v

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    :o :o :o
    You should get banned for these awful arrangements and choices! :v

Nah...I love both of those watches...not too keen on bright green trainers though :o :))
    YNWA 97
    You LOVE YKMN - all said {:)

Higgins wrote:
    You LOVE YKMN - all said {:)

I do...but I prefer AWTD -{ :p
    YNWA 97
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    SKYFALLAT_zpseb30f6ab.jpg

Explorer_zps21aaa844.jpg

:p

That Explorer is a real beauty.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Question.... Where's the best place to get insurance for your watches?
    9df7b86b4ae9143b046751ac6ca2bc27.288x288x1.jpg

• UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Check your home insurance first. It may cover watches...
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Normally depends on how much value you want covered i am just looking at that now in eth UK.
    Most seem to cove up to 2K but I want 4K so will have to upgrade to their premier cover etc

Cheers
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I remember when I was in the police ,and I asked my insurance company ,about cover ,and almost expecting them to go ape ,and say ,no effin way are you wearing that on duty ,they just said ok ,its on your house contents cover , But and there is a big but , you have to make sure that your valuation is up to date ,Most jewellers have an assessment day ,where a accredited insurance assessor ,will be in store to value your prized watch ,and pass on by certificate his value of it. Now if you don't keep this up to date ,and you do lose it .The kind gentlemen from your insurance company could only pay out what you paid for it . Now in my case I paid £2,100 for my GMT , 16 years ago ,and now its certificated at £5,600 ,to replace .Hope this of some help to you :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Thank for all the help guys.
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Thank for all the help guys.

The Collectors Insurance Agency or CIA :) has insurance that covers all aspects, even items on display at museums or purchases and sales in transit!

http://collectinsure.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw7aiwBRCPgdu70arX70wSJADK6iDDqIoMM-TI6ruk8xd_sVFAbQsVR9URZ73XAZH-4-fxtRoCs-Pw_wcB
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    Check your home insurance first. It may cover watches...

It should cover one-off items to a certain value...i.e. your total home insurance cover could be £50k but you also have a couple of items where you can claim £3k (or higher) for those particular items...
    ...about as clear as mud I reckon ( :s :D ) but I hope it helped -{
    YNWA 97
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    thats about right miles but the bast**ds add on an extra premium to do this and ask for proof from the jewellers.
    mine does anyhow 8-)
    007 reporting for duty
    thats about right miles but the bast**ds add on an extra premium to do this and ask for proof from the jewellers.
    mine does anyhow 8-)

Do they ? :o
    Mine have never requested that - or added a premium...and I've asked just to make sure.
    YNWA 97
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    must just be Swinton then , gonna check it when my seamaster300 finally arrives :007)
    thanks for the tip
    007 reporting for duty
  • clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    I would recommend Jewelers Mutual. They're usually more affordable than adding it to your homeowner's policy, and they provide excellent coverage. I insured my fiance's engagement ring with them, and they came highly recommended by my agent! :)
    I've managed to get peronal items cover through my bank. Covers more than enough and personally is quite cheap.