Spectre prop scam

No doub't some of you have seen and been bidding on some spectre concept art auctions on ebay. i personally bid up to £200.00 on a concept art mask auction, that involved a costume design for the day of the dead mexico scene which included a female skull mask. There have been two such auctions that i have seen, with different masks which have fetched some pretty high fees. The ebay seller known as ukreneactor listed the item as an original and stated that as most of the designs were makeup, finding an actual background mask was incredibly rare. If you check said sellers feedback as a buyer, he recently got some great feedback from a certain "screamers costumes" and take a look what they sell. Suspicious anyone?
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Comments

• lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Nicely picked up. I believe this is the original auction? It did strike me as odd that the mask is labelled "Nathalie" yet the character it was allegedly intended for is actually Estrella. Given that feedback, it seems someone got their hands on the concept art, sourced a similar mask and decided to cash in.
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    Thats the second auction, the first was a very similar mask but without the flowers. Will try see if i can find it. Dodgy all the same!
    Here is the original auction
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/James-Bond-007-SPECTRE-Daniel-Craig-film-used-prop-/201398943628?hash=item2ee44fff8c

£295.00 final bid. Looks authentic, certainly more so than the second but still leaves too many question marks.
    Ah I never saw that one. I think you're right that the question marks mean this seller should be stayed away from. Perhaps the first was genuine and he saw an easy way to inflate the cash - $20 mask + a call sheet = £300. Profit.

Very shady :(
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Whats everybody thoughts on that SPECTRE concept art book on fleabay??
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

An incredible piece of history if genuine? although it is unclear if the artwork is printed or merely stuck on? The Bond Day of Dead costume page appears to have lost part of its bottom left description where it says 007 which one would not expect from a professionally printed property. If genuine one would assume the production company may just class it as stolen..allegedly :D
    Yeah since the seller is selling copies of blue prints individually etc it did cross my mind that maybe its been cobbled together. Also crossed my mind about handling stolen goods too!!
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    lippe wrote:
    Ah I never saw that one. I think you're right that the question marks mean this seller should be stayed away from. Perhaps the first was genuine and he saw an easy way to inflate the cash - $20 mask + a call sheet = £300. Profit.

Very shady :(

Even though this on the surface may look suspect I must point out that the seller's brother used to run the company Rareprops who before vanishing without a trace had incredible access to some amazing screen utilised properties including the light up Ericsson JB988 Gadget Phone from Tomorrow Never Dies.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Can you post a link to it ?
    I'd say that most SPECTRE production items now on enay are almost certainly fakes :(
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Is there a link to the book? I can't seem to find it on ebay
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321833536202?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    This is an A3 hardbound book full of over 170 pages. This is a pre production compendium book of spectre concept art, set designs and costume designs, stunt set ups and more ...
    This book was made in VERY SMALL NUMBERS for spectre related people that were investors or important visitors to the production / set.
    This could show them what / was going to be made and how it should look etc etc ...

In separate sections of ;
    Concept art
    Costume designs
    Set designs
    Set builds
    Vehicles

Etc ... Etc ..... Etc .....
    This is something that is never going to be commercially available and is sure to make a fantastic investment. Please feel free to ask any questions ...

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG
    welshboy78 wrote:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321833536202?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    This is an A3 hardbound book full of over 170 pages. This is a pre production compendium book of spectre concept art, set designs and costume designs, stunt set ups and more ...
    This book was made in VERY SMALL NUMBERS for spectre related people that were investors or important visitors to the production / set.
    This could show them what / was going to be made and how it should look etc etc ...

In separate sections of ;
    Concept art
    Costume designs
    Set designs
    Set builds
    Vehicles

Etc ... Etc ..... Etc .....
    This is something that is never going to be commercially available and is sure to make a fantastic investment. Please feel free to ask any questions ...

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

don't know what this means but I've seen all of these concept pages in seperate auctions allready ?:)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Thank you for posting and...WOW! :o
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    I have had reservations regarding this seller for several years. His wares are always advertised as either genuine, screen used or screen seen. His starting prices are ridiculously low, first warning bell, he appears to have and inexaustible supply of the same items, second warning bell. The items that he has for sale or has sold in the past would normally be under Meg's lock and key, third warning bell. If I was being cynical I would muse that he probably had access to original items (maybe he has a tunnel dug into the EON Acrchive) and has photocopied them. I am not the first to question this, I know our own MicroJiff has the same concerns.

This could easily be cleared up by the seller coming forward and giving provenance to his wares. He has been questioned in the past and has said he wants to bring 'genuine' props to the general public at reasonable prices. I would be happy to be proved wrong and if so would buy a lot from him but at the moment the hairs on the back of my neck are standing on end. :#
    I'd say that most SPECTRE production items now on enay are almost certainly fakes 

For the SPECTRE book in concern I can speak to the provenance of it. Less than 10 of these were made for select crew members responsible for the overall visual vibe of SPECTRE.
    lippe wrote:
    I'd say that most SPECTRE production items now on enay are almost certainly fakes 

For the SPECTRE book in concern I can speak to the provenance of it. Less than 10 of these were made for select crew members responsible for the overall visual vibe of SPECTRE.
    we'll see how many will surface from this start.
    still, I'd advise everyone to be very careful with what they buy SPECTRE-wise
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I have had reservations regarding this seller for several years. His wares are always advertised as either genuine, screen used or screen seen. His starting prices are ridiculously low, first warning bell, he appears to have and inexaustible supply of the same items, second warning bell. The items that he has for sale or has sold in the past would normally be under Meg's lock and key, third warning bell. If I was being cynical I would muse that he probably had access to original items (maybe he has a tunnel dug into the EON Acrchive) and has photocopied them. I am not the first to question this, I know our own MicroJiff has the same concerns.

This could easily be cleared up by the seller coming forward and giving provenance to his wares. He has been questioned in the past and has said he wants to bring 'genuine' props to the general public at reasonable prices. I would be happy to be proved wrong and if so would buy a lot from him but at the moment the hairs on the back of my neck are standing on end. :#

To be honest, Meg would not have been storing these as she would have the original drawings and concepts, everything that has been listed on ebay, back in my day, would have been written off and put in a skip, these skips are processed by a 3rd party and destroyed, or should have been.

Never the less they are classed as stolen.
    Uk reneactors is selling another day of the dead soectre mask/call sheet combo on ebay. Looks even more suspect than the other auctions.
    "This is a extra worn mask (very few masks were used most were painted on so very rare) with name inside used in the Day Of The Day scenes filmed in mexico for SPECTRE the most expensive bond film ever made.also includes a call sheet and a xerox costume design from Spectre Take a look at my other genuine bond items"
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    That the prints are copies and the masks are fake (although, to be fair, they are the same masks as used in the film ... they just aren't THE masks used) isn't surprising. But what about the book itself? Do we think that's been faked?
    Hmm I presumed somebody got their hands on the book, scanned the crap out of it then sold it for shitloads and now sellng the copies
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Hmm I presumed somebody got their hands on the book, scanned the crap out of it then sold it for shitloads and now sellng the copies

That is exactly what's happened. I spoke to the concept artist yesterday and he confirmed that the seller was ripping off and copying his work directly from his website/book and selling it as original. He also confirmed that the other items he is selling is fake, especially the cast/crew & production stuff.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I spoke to the concept artist yesterday and he confirmed that the seller was ripping off and copying his work directly from his website/book and selling it as original. 

Which seller? Seems to be a few in here. How is he getting SPECTRE work from the concept artist's website?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Damn, that means the Léa Seydoux underwear I bought, and have
    Been wearing for weeks, is Fake too. :# I feel humiliated and used !
    So result there !!!! :))

Seriously a big thanks to Asp9mm for letting us all know about this. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Damn, that means the Léa Seydoux underwear I bought, and have
    Been wearing for weeks, is Fake too. {[]
    I thougt I had the real ones, too! Damn X-( :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Tp, I can send you some replacement underwear to sniff :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    lippe wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I spoke to the concept artist yesterday and he confirmed that the seller was ripping off and copying his work directly from his website/book and selling it as original. 

Which seller? Seems to be a few in here. How is he getting SPECTRE work from the concept artist's website?

There isn't just SPECTRE work out there.
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Tp, I can send you some replacement underwear to sniff :D

Are they green and body hugging :o ? :D
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    You will not catch catch me out, with that Higgins !

Well, not again, anyway. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    You will not catch catch me out, with that Higgins !

Well, not again, anyway. :D

Did he sell you his used mankini? I know his missus banned him from wearing it again after the last 'incident'

mankini.jpg