exSPECTREtions (possible spoilers)

13»

Comments

• James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    I'm an M3 man myself. Always thought they should have put Brosnan in an M5 though. I did, however, like the Z3 in goldeneye. I don't really think I would like to see Craig drive BMW as his car. A scene where he randomly gets into one wouldn't be so bad though. Like to see him beat one up real good. Kind of like smashing an expensive guitar.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    I'm an M3 man myself. Always thought they should have put Brosnan in an M5 though. I did, however, like the Z3 in goldeneye. I don't really think I would like to see Craig drive BMW as his car. A scene where he randomly gets into one wouldn't be so bad though.

The M5 would have been perfect, but at the time of GE the car had been around for some time, and there wasn't an M5 at the time of TND. The Z3 was too cheap to be Bond's own car and never thought it was appropriate. The 750iL was too much of an executive's car, but it did go Brosnan Bond's look. The Z8 was the only perfect BMW for Bond.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I'd say that it might have looked a bit odd to see Brosnan's Bond driving around in a blue car in for example London or elsewhere but for Latin America, it suited the occaison of a nice summer car not to fancy
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    I'd say that it might have looked a bit odd to see Brosnan's Bond driving around in a blue car in for example London or elsewhere but for Latin America, it suited the occaison of a nice summer car not to fancy

Well, it had the spirit of the blue Sunbeam in DN, but the Sunbeam was a hire car while the BMW was a provided by UnivEx. Actually, the car Bond drives in Cuba in DAD would have made the most sense!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    I'm done with BMW. They are a nice car but they are also Break My Wallet! Used to have a E92 and had it for almost 10 years. The car pretty much drained my bank account.
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Well, it had the spirit of the blue Sunbeam in DN, but the Sunbeam was a hire car while the BMW was a provided by UnivEx. Actually, the car Bond drives in Cuba in DAD would have made the most sense!

the car he drives in Cuba was Raoul's car, a leftover from the revolution (fairliner '57). so it made sense in that context. as for GE, they chose a little roadster, that looks like a summer car with which you can go a bit offroad. I don't think this would have work with the other one!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"