Finally looks like DC gets a good henchman

Looks like Mr. Hinx will be a bit of a challenge for DC.

Finally! I have been waiting for him to come up against his version of Red Grant/ Oddjob -{

He pretty much tears through the villains in the other ones, which is fine, but it will be nice to see him challenged physically and get a bit edge-of-me-seat about it.

The trailers don't give away a massive amount, but he does look promising.

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's stupid like Jaws. A friend of mine who has worked with Bautista said he's not very bright and has trouble differentiating acting fighting from real fighting. At least that should make his fighting more realistic. :D
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think Bautista, is going to be a great Henchman. He's been very
    Impressive ( to me at least) and that's only from the few brief
    Segments in the trailers. :D I think we will not be disappointed. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I'm almost more excited for Mr.Hinx than for Blofeld, ehmm I mean Oberhauser :v
    Matt S wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's stupid like Jaws. A friend of mine who has worked with Bautista said he's not very bright and has trouble differentiating acting fighting from real fighting. At least that should make his fighting more realistic. :D

I don't think that his character is dumb from what I've heard!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    edited October 2015
    Matt S wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's stupid like Jaws. A friend of mine who has worked with Bautista said he's not very bright

Well...that's an unfortunate anecdote :# I can't speak to the man's actual intelligence, but having seen him perform at live WWE events in person, I can attest that he was a brilliant physical performer within the admittedly highly stylized constraints of that arena...and I think that we're about to reset the henchman benchmark in a way not seen
    since Robert Shaw (IMO he will be far less cartoonish than Harold Sakata).
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • double o egodouble o ego Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Actually Mr.Hynx is going to be an intelligent character.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQt8YkMDE0
  • LaserDraxLaserDrax Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    I knew very little about him before the film as I don't watch WWE, but Dave Bautista comes across as a really likable guy.
    Matt S wrote:

Actually Mr.Hynx is going to be an intelligent character.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQt8YkMDE0

I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise, but he seems like a really likeable guy from that interview.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    Prediction (not spoiler): Hinx beats the absolute crap out of Bond for 7 minutes straight, with Bond not getting one good hit in. Hinx even uses the 'BATISTA BOMB' on him. Then Hinx happens to throw him across the room beside an askew electrical outlet. Bond zaps Hinx as he is holding his metal Double barreled handgun, it electricutes him and he falls into a vat of snakes.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Prediction (not spoiler): Hinx beats the absolute crap out of Bond for 7 minutes straight, with Bond not getting one good hit in. Hinx even uses the 'BATISTA BOMB' on him. Then Hinx happens to throw him across the room beside an askew electrical outlet. Bond zaps Hinx as he is holding his metal Double barreled handgun, it electricutes him and he falls into a vat of snakes.

:)) I take it you've read the script...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    They've put v.a.t on Snakes now ? This government will tax anything. :v
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    LaserDrax wrote:
    I knew very little about him before the film as I don't watch WWE, but Dave Bautista comes across as a really likable guy.

Same here. Don't watch WWE, but after seeing Bautista in Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does as Mr. Hinx.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    LaserDrax wrote:

Same here. Don't watch WWE, but after seeing Bautista in Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does as Mr. Hinx.
    +1!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    LaserDrax wrote:

;) ;) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOKAVPYZOw

Yup, he's really likable :)) :)) :)) :))
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Smiert-SpionamSmiert-Spionam Posts: 318MI6 Agent
    I still find it a bit weird saying his name. My old P.E teacher was called Mr Hinx :))
    Smiert Spionam
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Hinx seems less like Jaws to me and more like Oddjob. In fact, the more I see in clips, the more I see how they're incorporating elements from many Bond films.
  • Penfold HeartPenfold Heart Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    Hinx seems less like Jaws to me and more like Oddjob. In fact, the more I see in clips, the more I see how they're incorporating elements from many Bond films.

Yep. I have to agree with this, I have noticed nods to about 5 previous films so far.

Alps scenes and music from OHMSS
    Tux from Goldfinger
    Train scene is reminds me of From Russia With Love
    SPECTRE (Obviously)
    First DC poster reminded me of Live and Let Die
    Hinx (Oddjob-ish)
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Yeah but in WWE he does acting fights. So I think he understands the difference. Plus he was great as Drax the destroyer in Guardians of the galaxy.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
    Robbo88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Yeah but in WWE he does acting fights. So I think he understands the difference. Plus he was great as Drax the destroyer in Guardians of the galaxy.

This was in the WWE. My friend was a referee and was asked to do a fight with Bautista where he would get hit. My friend didn't want to do it because Bautista actually hurts the referees, even when he doesn't intend to.
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Robbo88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

This was in the WWE. My friend was a referee and was asked to do a fight with Bautista where he would get hit. My friend didn't want to do it because Bautista actually hurts the referees, even when he doesn't intend to.

Which referee we talking about? Is he still in WWE? Plus Dave has a few films under his belt. Heck he even played a cameo in Smallville years ago. I've got faith that he'll do a cracking job.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
    Robbo88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Robbo88 wrote:

Which referee we talking about? Is he still in WWE? Plus Dave has a few films under his belt. Heck he even played a cameo in Smallville years ago. I've got faith that he'll do a cracking job.

He wasn't anyone famous and is not with the WWE anymore. I never said I had any concerns about his performance. I'm sure he'll be great, whether he's a smart or dumb henchman.