Is there anyone here who DOES think Craig will return?

Comments

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    He seemed to have accepted all that comes with 'being Bond' during the Spectre PR interviews on TV and in print - less inclined to moan because he's 'a serious actor' and more prone to enjoying the moment (and probably the money 8-) ) I felt he was more comfortable in the role in Spectre - serious but with a nod to the heritage of the film franchise - and I would be very surprised if he didn't do another.

Personally I really like his interpretation of Bond and hope he does do one more; I suspect 2 more will be stretching it though - In the Fleming novels he would already have been retired from field work!
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    There was that rumour that EON were going to film 25 and 26 back-to-back so that they could keep DC for two films. That would be a smart move, if true, as it would also buy EON some extra time to find the next Bond for 27. If DC doesn't come back, I fear we could be looking at 3-4 years before we see 25.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    There was that rumour that EON were going to film 25 and 26 back-to-back so that they could keep DC for two films. That would be a smart move, if true, as it would also buy EON some extra time to find the next Bond for 27. If DC doesn't come back, I fear we could be looking at 3-4 years before we see 25.

If Daniel Craig remembers how miserable he was at the end of filming Spectre, I doubt he'd agree to filming two Bond films back-to-back. If he does two Bond films back-to-back, his performance in the second would surely suffer and we'll have another DAF Connery.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I think he'll do BOND 25. Not sure about BOND 26. He currently seems to love the craft of acting in theatre, whereas Bond he does more for the money. Not as callous or cynical as that may sound. Many actors with a passion for stage do film for its financial rewards. I'm not sure how much an actor - especially one of with cinema box office clout - could command for a prestigious theatre production. I'd imagine compared to a 007 salary it'd be significantly less.

Craig's attitude to Bond is a strange one. He never seems entirely comfortable with it all & appears tested by the press. He's got better over the years but I sense the intrusion irritates him, hence the off-the-cuff 'slitting wrists' comment. But I can imagine he feels a loyalty to Broccoli & Wilson who've done right by him as producers.

I hope he does another one (& even another after that) but perhaps the series needs to revitalise itself before he runs the risk of outstaying his welcome.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Dufus wrote:
    He seemed to have accepted all that comes with 'being Bond' during the Spectre PR interviews on TV and in print - less inclined to moan because he's 'a serious actor' and more prone to enjoying the moment (and probably the money 8-) ) I felt he was more comfortable in the role in Spectre - serious but with a nod to the heritage of the film franchise - and I would be very surprised if he didn't do another.

Personally I really like his interpretation of Bond and hope he does do one more; I suspect 2 more will be stretching it though - In the Fleming novels he would already have been retired from field work!

Well, obviously we're keeping comparisons with Roger Moore out of these speculations :v

If Craig is departing, we're going to hear it VERY soon---cynically I would think an announcement would coincide with the BluRay release of SP, to drive the movement of units. If he's leaving, Eon has known it for some time, whatever they say publicly, so what better time to put it out there, and keep Bond discussion going among even casual fans as speculation inevitably runs rampant about his replacement?

More likely, they know whether they still have him, and for how long. IMO, one more is 80% sure (at least, that's what my gut is telling me)...and if there's anything at all to the Waltz story and the 'two-fer' proposal, a Craig #26 becomes less far-fetched.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I would have thought back to back if planned well would mean more efficiency and shorter shooting time / overall commitment since already on set etc.

Also these last two films have been crazy 140-148 mins long and could be less bloated if we are honest.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I would have thought back to back if planned well would mean more efficiency and shorter shooting time / overall commitment etc since already on set etc.

Also these last two films have been crazy 140-148 mins long and could be less bloated if we are honest.

Agreed---two tidy, tight films running two hours each, maybe 130 minutes :007) ...although I've never minded a long Bond film, especially as they come around less and less frequently.
    ..although I've never minded a long Bond film, especially as they come around less and less frequently.

Me also but if two are guaranteed for a decent turnaround I would be happy with 2 shorter ones {[]
    welshboy78 wrote:
    ..although I've never minded a long Bond film, especially as they come around less and less frequently.

Me also but if two are guaranteed for a decent turnaround I would be happy with 2 shorter ones {[]

Absolutely -{
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Yes, I think that Daniel Craig will be back for one or at the very most two more Bond films. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    If Craig is departing, we're going to hear it VERY soon---cynically I would think an announcement would coincide with the BluRay release of SP, to drive the movement of units. If he's leaving, Eon has known it for some time, whatever they say publicly, so what better time to put it out there, and keep Bond discussion going among even casual fans as speculation inevitably runs rampant about his replacement?

More likely, they know whether they still have him, and for how long. IMO, one more is 80% sure (at least, that's what my gut is telling me)...and if there's anything at all to the Waltz story and the 'two-fer' proposal, a Craig #26 becomes less far-fetched.

He handed in his notice in June/July. I forget which. If they do throw enough money at him for a comeback, then I can't see him doing two unless they're less action oriented and have shorter running times.

I'm expecting the announcement to come around the time of the DVD/BD release.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:

He handed in his notice in June/July. I forget which. If they do throw enough money at him for a comeback, then I can't see him doing two unless they're less action oriented and have shorter running times.

We shall see ;) ...and I agree, sooner rather than later, particularly if it's already decided as you assert. If he's gone, it will be interesting to see what they do with Spectre, and Blofeld.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

Bold statement - do you have proof he 'handed in his notice'?

He never needs to work again so can comfortably throw it all in, but I suspect that won't be the case.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    Asp9mm wrote:

SP involved less physical action for Craig than his previous Bond films, and it still seemed to be very hard on him. I don't know how much less action they could get away with. I would love to see a Bond film with less action like we saw with Connery and Moore.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Dufus wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

He never needs to work again so can comfortably throw it all in, but I suspect that won't be the case.

How does one supply that kind of proof? Anyone that knows me on here will know I don't make such statements unless they are true. He wanted SPECTRE to be the last and finalised it in June/July. Anything could have happened in the meantime, but feelings were pretty final for the last 18 months at least. Based on what I've been told by folks in the know, SPECTRE was his last.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Dufus wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

If Asp9mm says it's true - it's true -{

I've heard similar since...and about the director for the next - but that's as it stands now...obviously things can change - like paycheques -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    If Asp9mm says it's true - it's true -{

I certainly won't dispute that! But Connery was finished...twice.

2016 is certainly going to be an interesting year for Bond, considering that no new films are hitting the screen this year :007)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

If Asp9mm says it's true - it's true

Unless it's about Higgins. :v
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sad to hear, I'd have wished for at least one more. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It would be sad if he ends Bond on his fourth film since he didn't seem comfortable playing Bond until his fourth.
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    He also said he wanted Skyfall to be his last, so it's not over until someone official says it's over. I'm hoping one more at least from him, I think he is a great modern Bond who's done very well.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

SP involved less physical action for Craig than his previous Bond films, and it still seemed to be very hard on him. I don't know how much less action they could get away with. I would love to see a Bond film with less action like we saw with Connery and Moore.

Agreed. They could come be smarter with the action and still give Craig enough to do physically, just smaller scale, shorter fights but more frequent like Connery in YOLT (I'm thinking like the office fight scene as an example )
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    I wonder if we could have Lea returning but with a new Bond ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I don't see why not? Bond as we have seen before is interchangeable, they would however need a good quality actor to make it belivable. But like others I would like Bond to be on a mission next time out, fully sanctioned and not gone rogue.......... Again!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    edited January 2016
    If he can't do the stunts - stick him in a car / plane / boat / wheelchair or something! :)

The SPECTRE train scene was pretty damn physical (believe from what I read this is where he did his knee)

I think DC has proven himself well in physical fights! However vehicles? Im not so sure and could be better!!
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I wonder if we could have Lea returning but with a new Bond ?

She should only return if Craig does IMO, be too weird otherwise
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    I did my knee in the other frosty morning walking the dog, so
    I understand Daniel's pain. :#
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    He also said he wanted Skyfall to be his last, so it's not over until someone official says it's over. I'm hoping one more at least from him, I think he is a great modern Bond who's done very well.

Eon obviously don't want him to quit, but he did inform them he wanted too...they will hold off announcing anything until they have too though...
    YNWA 97
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    He wants to quit, and most others want him to do 2 more, so why doesn't he compromise and just do 1 more. I'd go with that.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    He wants to quit, and most others want him to do 2 more, so why doesn't he compromise and just do 1 more. I'd go with that.

Well that seems fair enough. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).