Not Again..

CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
Had to post this photo....
spec.jpg

Comments

• JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    It's premieres, though, not "premiers". Two different things... or is it meant to be racist towards Waltz?
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    It's a tough job and someone has to do it!!
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
    I'll do it happily for half DC's fee! :))

On the day of the UK premiere they were showing bits and pieces on Australian TV, and the hosts commented how bored DC looked and how much he wanted to be somewhere else.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Yeah, PR junkets aren't his forte---a necessary evil...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Stuck between Lea and Monica, hell of a sandwich ! :D

I watched the premiere on line and though Daniel did a fantastic job of signing
    Autographs, posing for " selfies" and generally " working the crowd" -{ , only
    my opinion of course, but he seemed happy and relaxed, almost as if he knew
    they had Another successful Bond film on their hands. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    I agree; he was very gracious on the red carpet.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    And anyway, how happy can you be at one of those things? All you're doing is standing around for pictures and having to sign autographs, I'd be bored out my mind if I had to do that!
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    But you get to travel all around the world, stay in the best hotels and eat the best food around. So you should at least make an effort - the idea is to promote the movie, so that it brings higher returns - and you get to share the profits...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
    Jag wrote:
    But you get to travel all around the world, stay in the best hotels and eat the best food around. So you should at least make an effort - the idea is to promote the movie, so that it brings higher returns - and you get to share the profits...

He did make an effort though ! A big one...he signed and had selfies taken for ages...and he tried not to miss anyone out...
    YNWA 97
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,126MI6 Agent
    Agree. He was on great form that night and looked relaxed and happy to be there.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Jag wrote:

He did make an effort though ! A big one...he signed and had selfies taken for ages...and he tried not to miss anyone out...

I agree. I think Craig is, to quote Dr Kauffmann, just a professional doing a job. If he would stand around with a fake smile the entire night people would complain about that. I would imagine it gets tiresome to get asked the same questions over and over and over by reporters, people taking pictures and screeming for autographs etc. Craig might not enjoy doing these things as much as some other actors do, but he is there, always, taking time for everyone.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    I think Roger Moore would have a genuine smile all night though!
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    What makes the photo ironic is exactly the points that were brought up - how the actors are ferried to these events in capitol cities first class and stay in luxurious places, dine on gourmet food and are fawned over by the press and public. Doing this a couple of times is entertaining, but no matter how mink lined the PR prison is, it can pall after doing it over and over (especially when doing it globally and fighting serious jet lag).
    What makes the photo ironic is exactly the points that were brought up - how the actors are ferried to these events in capitol cities first class and stay in luxurious places, dine on gourmet food and are fawned over by the press and public. Doing this a couple of times is entertaining, but no matter how mink lined the PR prison is, it can pall after doing it over and over (especially when doing it globally and fighting serious jet lag).

Millions of people around the world do much less enjoyable things for far less money every day...
    Bankers ? {:) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:

Millions of people around the world do much less enjoyable things for far less money every day...

It's all a matter of perspective. People find my job exotic and full of adventure, while for the most part I find it tedious, repetitive and scary.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Jag wrote:

It's all a matter of perspective. People find my job exotic and full of adventure, while for the most part I find it tedious, repetitive and scary.

True. People think my work as a graphic designer is also entertaining and fascinating - and in can be, but it really is work and it can be extremely demanding and frustrating. Even though I work as an artist and I appreciate artists in the entertainment industry, I personally think everyone is ridiculously overpaid, though I realize that's a result of the marketplace.

No matter how much wealth you have you can still have a bad day. Now I have no sympathy for the super wealthy who make their fortunes from playing monopoly with our money - if they have a bad day I don't have any sympathy and if their just downright immoral to begin with then I really have no sympathy.

I can sympathize with wealthy artists who are basically good people and go through emotionally tough times. When Rita Wilson (Tom Hanks's wife) had her bout with cancer I felt for them. Yes, they are wealthy artists and have good careers and lives and there are billions a lot less fortunate, but they seem to be good people and I sympathize. This is no comparison to getting a little bored and jet lagged from having to go through dozens of premieres, but I can still sympathize.

Most artists who work behind and in front of the camera do it because they love the art and the collaboration and camaraderie when working on a project - not because they want to be treated like royalty. If they are, the really earnest ones are almost embarrassed by it. They're glad their work is appreciated and recognized. Yes, there are those who get big egos (and I don't have sympathy for them either), but most prefer the work over the glamor, because they know the glamor is fleeting and is not real. It's their work that will last. I think all the artists that worked on SPECTRE are like this, so if they might seem a little glass eyed after the 1000th silly question and having their eyes strobing after enduring millions of camera flashes going off in their faces, I cut them some slack. Odds are after going though these events they probably relish getting back to work or going home to take their pets out for walkies and a pee or in other words - what the rest of us mere mortals do.
    :)) Not when it's a Bond film.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure whether the actors really watch the movie everytime. Roger Moore wrote in one of his books that he showed up for the event leading up to the screening and went for drinks with Cubby while the movie was playing. I don't think Craig and the rest are actually watching SPECTRE every time they show up at an event.

I agree with Asp9mm, every job gets routine after a while.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad