The PTS (SPOILERS)

DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
Honestly, I felt SPECTRE had the best PTS in the series so far! What an amazingly well put together, entertaining piece of work that was! :D Loved the camera work, which reminded me of Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas where the camera just takes one long shot of following Ray Liotta's character from the street, through a backentrance into a kitchen ending up at his restaurant table. This was a similar kind of thing where it 'seemed' like the camera just followed Bond all the way up untill he came at his vantage point to take out Sciarra.

How did you guys feel about this amazing PTS? :D
Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage

Comments

• MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    It is one of the best, not THE best though. Definitely top 7, though. I really loved the music of that tracking shot, I know it must have been the sounds of the actual event.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    There are indeed a lot of other great PTS's in the series. (My favorites are probably GF, TSWLM, TLD, LTK, GE, TWINE and CR) But to me, this was on a whole new level!
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Actually, this pts might be a case of 'bigger isn't always better'; I understand the complexity of directing a massive crowd but still...
    Basically Bond takes down a building and then fights a man in a helicopter - and that's it.
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Yes it was a brilliant PTS. It reminded me a little of the opening to Touch Of Evil - which had a continuous tracking shot. Definitely up there as one of the best, but as we know there are so many amazing PTS's in Bond history. -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • GrazmeisterGrazmeister Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    Actually, this pts might be a case of 'bigger isn't always better'; I understand the complexity of directing a massive crowd but still...
    Basically Bond takes down a building and then fights a man in a helicopter - and that's it.

Actually although I love the spectacle of the sequence I do agree with you. Boiled down to basics there isn't really a lot to it..its really the budget and direction that makes it great.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I loved the opening of spectre, big and bold. A true statement piece -{ " You are in for something special".
    Just watch DC as he moves through the crowd, graceful at ease with the role, matching the rhythm of the
    festival music. Even swaying to the music as he and the girl leave the lift.
    Cinematography is stunning, with some amazing shots, it is simply a tour de force of the cinematic art.
    The action is well up to the Bond standard , basically I loved it. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    I loved the opening of spectre, big and bold. A true statement piece -{ " You are in for something special".
    Just watch DC as he moves through the crowd, graceful at ease with the role, matching the rhythm of the
    festival music. Even swaying to the music as he and the girl leave the lift.
    Cinematography is stunning, with some amazing shots, it is simply a tour de force of the cinematic art.
    The action is well up to the Bond standard , basically I loved it. :)

Agree. As soon as it started I was gripped. The music, the way the camera moved, it totally sucked me in. Loved it.
  • BraxoBraxo Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    Sorry to ask, but couldn't find it in a search.

What is the definition of PTS? I see it a bunch in people's reviews but nobody defines what it means.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It's Pre Title Sequence, the little story before the theme and titles kick in. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • GoldHildingGoldHilding WinnipegPosts: 58MI6 Agent
    100% agree. Although in a lot of ways I didn't find this to be the greatest Bond ever, the ENTIRE Day of the Dead sequence was unbelievable. Probably my favourite PTS so far. The opening shot was incredible, but even apart from that it was spectacular. Bond's reveal, his stepping out on the girl, the building collapse, the helicopter sequence, the fight inside the helicopter. I really loved how Mendes was able to draw attention to both Bond and Sciarra in costume AND in the midst of such a huge crowd. I like it even better considering Sciarra figured into the plot later on so heavily, but had never been seen or mentioned in previous films. It gave this feel of Bond being in the middle of an unrelated mission like in the classic films, but at the same time connects to the plot like the modern films.I could watch that one sequence over and over again and never get sick of it.
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    One of my favourite things from the PTS. I listened to the track used for the start of the PTS (the music of the actual parade) and it didn't have nearly as much of an affect as it did in the film.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Phenominal really. Definitely one of the best in the series.
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Saw it last night and was absolutely blown away by the PTS, the (seemingly) one long tracking shot was just awesome!
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • BraxoBraxo Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    Bmorelli11 wrote:
    Saw it last night and was absolutely blown away by the PTS, the (seemingly) one long tracking shot was just awesome!

Yeah, it did appear to be one long shot (especially from start to the point he takes off his jacket and goes out the window) and in my second viewing I plan on trying to catch if/where they broke up the scene.