Spectre poster trousers found!

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    McCoy wrote:
    I emailed customercare@neilbarrett.com a week ago. No reply so far. I'll give it a couple more days, then email again referring to my previous email. If we all do that, then 'customer care' may respond. We only really need one reply between us to gauge the possibility of these trousers becoming available again.

Just sent with "resent - please answer" - hopefully shaming them into a reply. Guess social media out in the open maybe last resort
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I emailed them quite a while back and included a photo of the trousers from the Teaser poster. I never got a reply. But I will email them again, and again, and again...

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • McCoyMcCoy Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    McCoy wrote:
    I emailed customercare@neilbarrett.com a week ago. No reply so far. I'll give it a couple more days, then email again referring to my previous email. If we all do that, then 'customer care' may respond. We only really need one reply between us to gauge the possibility of these trousers becoming available again.

Just resent mine answer" - hopefully shaming them into a reply. Guess social media out in the open maybe last resort

Yeah, actually I decided not to wait - just resent my email. Always courteous, of course:

"I apologise for emailing again. However, I don't appear to have received a reply to my earlier email. I trust this email address, taken from the Neil Barrett website, is the correct one to use.

I really would be very grateful to know the status of the Neil Barrett trousers worn by Daniel Craig as James Bond in the newly-released film Spectre. Is it possible to purchase a pair of these trousers from Neil Barrett? If so, how would I and others interested to do so go about this?"

Re-reading, do I get an award for managing to include four two letter words in a row? ("...to do so go...") :)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    You certainly get an award for courtesy and politeness -you could teach them a few things... -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    As the shadow community may have not followed this thread - would it make sense to post pictures of trousers onto main thread, with Neil Barrett email address and ask them all to send an email - I suspect there are many more readers than members (as I was for a long time!) - and this might at least help to bring to inflate the numbers.
    It took 5 attempts to get this response....

Dear Customer,

we are sorry for the delay. We verified with our production office but the product requested belongs to a past collection (AW14) and will not be available for sale in the future.

For any further information don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank You
    E Store Customer Care
    cid:image001.gif@01CDF336.568B3680
    WHITE Srl
    via Savona 97
    20144 Milan – Italy
    fax +39 02424111.260
    customercare@neilbarrett.com
    www.neilbarrett.com
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    How is that helpful , they really don't understand us bond fans or community.
    potential massive order turned away , just crazy.
    007 reporting for duty
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

It may not be possible to get more cloth. And to many brands, more sales isn't a priority.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    that's fair enough be helpful if the companies emails explained that.
    Then it makes sense and we understand and move on.
    007 reporting for duty
    thanks to the guys for the alternative ones - just ordered these with lovely black friday discounts ;%
    M&S ones for £15
    Reiss ones for £75
    hope the fit works out
    007 reporting for duty
  • Bond H. BondBond H. Bond Cal USAPosts: 36MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    If anyone is interested in a pair of jeans that have this pattern here you go: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-skinny-fit-tapered-jeans-162146.html#68~/men/jeans/skinny-fit/stretch/~

Both colors are good but I went with the "08 Dark Grey." The color is actually very nice and has a micro houndstooth tick similar to the spectre poster pants. They may not be traditional pants/trousers but they sure do look nice in person. They are 5 pocket jeans as opposed to the frog mouth pockets. I picked them up for $30 USD + Tax in store. If anyone is looking for an alternative casual pair, I think these are worth looking into.
    The name is Bond, Hydrogen Bond....
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    If anyone is interested in a pair of jeans that have this pattern here you go: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-skinny-fit-tapered-jeans-162146.html#68~/men/jeans/skinny-fit/stretch/~

Both colors are good but I went with the "08 Dark Grey." The color is actually very nice and has a micro houndstooth tick similar to the spectre poster pants. They may not be pants/trousers but they sure do look nice in person. Also traditional jeans style pockets versus the frog mouth pockets. I picked them up for $30 USD + Tax in store. If anyone is looking for an alternative casual pair, I think these are worth looking into.

Nice, but only size 31 in stock. :(

May have to stop in a Uniqlo over the weekend.

Both colors are good but I went with the "08 Dark Grey." The color is actually very nice and has a micro houndstooth tick similar to the spectre poster pants. They may not be pants/trousers but they sure do look nice in person. Also traditional jeans style pockets versus the frog mouth pockets. I picked them up for $30 USD + Tax in store. If anyone is looking for an alternative casual pair, I think these are worth looking into.

They had them in Stoneridge mall Pleasanton, CA yesterday. I saw a bunch of different sizes too in both colors.
    edited November 2015

They had them in Stoneridge mall Pleasanton, CA yesterday. I saw a bunch of different sizes too in both colors.

Hopefully Valley Fair in Santa Clara or the Great Mall will have them.
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    The belt is brown...you can see it plainly when
    he gets dragged into the truck when the baddies take him to the old Mi6

Is this the same BC belt worn in the earlier scenes in Morocco with the matchless jacket and so on?
  • welshadewelshade Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I picked up a pair of the M&S alternatives in the sales, half price so a nice bargain and look very good, nice fit.

Both colors are good but I went with the "08 Dark Grey." The color is actually very nice and has a micro houndstooth tick similar to the spectre poster pants. They may not be traditional pants/trousers but they sure do look nice in person. They are 5 pocket jeans as opposed to the frog mouth pockets. I picked them up for $30 USD + Tax in store. If anyone is looking for an alternative casual pair, I think these are worth looking into.

Managed to get a pair.

I like the idea of a puppystooth jeans, and they look good laid out in front of me. Unfortunately they are too skinny for my taste. No room for anything in the pockets, and they really show off the package.

They are very stretchy and comfortable; if only they came in a slim, not skinny, fit.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

It may not be possible to get more cloth. And to many brands, more sales isn't a priority.

As frustrating as it might feel, I like the fact that sometimes 'when it's gone, it's gone'. We are influenced by scarcity and exclusivity - we want most what we can't have or is hardest to find - and that's what makes collecting fun surely? :)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Peregrine CarruthersPeregrine Carruthers Los Angeles, CAPosts: 34MI6 Agent
    Apologies if these have already been posted, but this looks like a nice (not as slim cut) alternative to the screen accurate pants:

http://www.toddsnyder.com/products/charcoal-houndstooth-tab-front-pant

Managed to get a pair.

I like the idea of a puppystooth jeans, and they look good laid out in front of me. Unfortunately they are too skinny for my taste. No room for anything in the pockets, and they really show off the package.

They are very stretchy and comfortable; if only they came in a slim, not skinny, fit.

They didnt have my size on these so i bought the next size up. It hadnt occurred to me that they were tight skinny jeans at the normal size.
    Curious, did you go up one inch or two? If they had a 36 waist I'd be tempted to try it and if it worked have it altered. Academic, really.
    Curious, did you go up one inch or two? If they had a 36 waist I'd be tempted to try it and if it worked have it altered. Academic, really.

I went up one size as that's all they had in store at the time. There were a couple of pairs in 36 when I bought mines weeks back at the stoneridge mall store. I do like these jeans for their stretch too.
    This isnt related to the poster pants but I did find what I consider to be a great alternative to the Solden pants. and again its uniqlo. Im not a paid spokesman for them, just a college student who likes the store. Be warned though that these are itchy and they dont have belt loops but have a drawstring.

if i were to describe them it would be pleated wool sweatpants. the ankles are tapered and I think most tailors can add the foot loops/stirrups if needed.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-lemaire-wool-blended-cashmere-relaxed-pants-164786.html#69~/men/featured/uniqlo-and-lemaire/pants/~
    Is Indy or anybody else for that matter working on a version of these ultra ultra rare trousers???
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    It was a Spectre kind of day recently....

I took my SA Neil Barrett's for a rare outing...

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg
    awesome! these pants are one of my favorite clothing pieces from the film, though I don't think he should have worn them with the Dior jacket.
    Well, now we know that they fit you. Congratulations. -{

Did anyone out in the real world recognize the outfit?
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

And, everyone at AJB collectively turns green with envy. :)) fantastic man. You killed it with that outfit! I agree, walther p99, these are some of my favorites from the movie too, and didn't look all that good with the Dior. I would have liked to see black cords or jeans.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

And, everyone at AJB collectively turns green with envy. :)) fantastic man. You killed it with that outfit! I agree, walther p99, these are some of my favorites from the movie too, and didn't look all that good with the Dior. I would have liked to see black cords or jeans.
    Its not so much that they didn't look good with the Dior, more so I don't think its the appropriate type of pants to wear for the situation.