Spectre Favorite Scene

Comments

• IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    This would be a tie between the PTS, which I will count as one scene, and when Bond and Swann escape from Blofeld's lair. While the battle itself was underwhelming, I like how Craig plays Bond in his natural evolution -- cool, controlled, and determined.

Interestingly, this is the first of Craig's Bond where the action sequences are the ones that are more memorable than the rest. The train fight and even the conference scene, which I will consider action because of Hinx, are well done and interesting.

I did like how Bond was shooting the bad guys when he escaped from the lair. Apart from one or two daft shots from an extended arm, mostly aimed shots, weapon in the shoulder, not spray and pray.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    and, ahem, the last shot we see of Lucia Sciarra in lingerie ;% :x :))
    We think alike! {[]

{[] ;%
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm sure, both of you would look as good in the same outfit. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Willard WhyteWillard Whyte Posts: 166MI6 Agent
    Yes, SF was digital.

Forgive my ignorance, what's the difference between a digitally shot film and an old school filming technique ?

Spectre was shot the old way ?

Both films look stunning Imo.
    I smell a rat
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I'm sure, both of you would look as good in the same outfit. ;)

image.jpg
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    :)) An old joke .....

Two blokes talking about sexy clothes .....

..... Oh, I love suspenders, and high heels ! ........... God I love wearing them ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Forgive my ignorance, what's the difference between a digitally shot film and an old school filming technique ?

Spectre was shot the old way ?

Both films look stunning Imo.
    If you see them side by side you'd probably notice a difference in how film (SP) captures & diffuses light. With digital (SF) the effect is manipulated after filming in some cases and can seem a little too crisp.

Well, that's how I see it... 8-)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Film is also supposed to have a greater tonal range. ( between highlights and
    shadows)
  • imranbecksimranbecks SingaporePosts: 139MI6 Agent
    I absolutely love the pts.. The seamless shot following Bond through the hotel lobby and into the elevator all the way to the rooftop, what a masterpiece of a PTS..
  • am747am747 Posts: 720MI6 Agent
    imranbecks wrote:
    I absolutely love the pts.. The seamless shot following Bond through the hotel lobby and into the elevator all the way to the rooftop, what a masterpiece of a PTS..

+1 .... and one of the reasons why I would have preferred that the PTS ended with Bond landing on sofa. As till that point, it was simply breathtaking!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    am747 wrote:
    imranbecks wrote:

+1 .... and one of the reasons why I would have preferred that the PTS ended with Bond landing on sofa. As till that point, it was simply breathtaking!

If it ended there, it would have been a disappointment compared to what has come in all the Bond films since Dalton. People expected something much bigger. One fake building collapse is not at all impressive. The PTS would have been only three minutes long at most. The full PTS was one of the best parts of the film. The helicopter sequence is great, only let down by Thomas Newman's awful action music.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    It would be a list for me too, but unlike TP it doesn't stop me from writing it :D

-PTS tracking shot
    - The energy drink in the clinc and the "No, Down!" command during the fight there
    - Bond saving Monica Bellucci's character
    - The train fight and Lea's dress on the train
    - Lea's bum in the train station scenes :D
    - Rome car chase
    - All Bond/Q scenes
    and more ....
  • am747am747 Posts: 720MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    am747 wrote:
    imranbecks wrote:

If it ended there, it would have been a disappointment compared to what has come in all the Bond films since Dalton. People expected something much bigger. One fake building collapse is not at all impressive. The PTS would have been only three minutes long at most. The full PTS was one of the best parts of the film. The helicopter sequence is great, only let down by Thomas Newman's awful action music.

quality over quantity .... I agree with the Newman's music which was tedious at times. Also Spectre is not a big action and stunt film like some of the other Bond films so the helicopter action sequence also sets wrong expectations
    am747 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    am747 wrote:

quality over quantity .... I agree with the Newman's music which was tedious at times. Also Spectre is not a big action and stunt film like some of the other Bond films so the helicopter action sequence also sets wrong expectations

That whole PTS was quality except for the score.
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    I would like to say, whilst it is a bit picky, but I wish they took out the 'Cut out the middle man' line,a ne just left it at Bond telling him to throw it down the toilet.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    The Car chase scene is one of the best put on film, it's very arty and it's better with each viewing.

Only downside is the car went in like a pebble skimmed the water, and sank without the boot going up, in the press photos later in the papers M shows Bond, the car as it's boot in the air and the angles wrong. :o
    I smell a rat
    The Car chase scene is one of the best put on film, it's very arty and it's better with each viewing.

Only downside is the car went in like a pebble skimmed the water, and sank without the boot going up, in the press photos later in the papers M shows Bond, the car as it's boot in the air and the angles wrong. :o
    I smell a rat
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Having watched it again, here are my favourite scenes...

The PTS...best ever, imo.
    The dialogue on the train, when Bond shows Swann the gun. I think this is where he begins to see her differently. She's not the vulnerable girl he needs to rescue...but a woman who's had her share of crap. This, I think, is where he begins to allow himself to feel something. After the reminder of Vesper in L'American, I think he mentally shakes himself free of the prison he's put himself in (Camille's observation in QoS) and we see him move on.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    The first 148 minutes.
    Dalton Rulez™
    :)) It was fun. -{
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    At the very end when Bond is in the DB5 and he leans back and then you can see Madeline is sitting next to him. It was an elegant way of showing they were together.

As they drive away, the ending also reminded me of the old Avengers TV shows where Steed and Mrs. Peel would end up driving away in some vehicle at the end.
  • SkyfellSkyfell Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    I really liked a lot of the humorous aspects of the film:

- The PTS, especially when Bond lands on the couch.
    - Bond's initial meeting with C
    - Bond waving to the henchman at Sciarra's funeral.
    - Bond's frustration while trying out the DB10's gadgets during the car chase.
    - The energy drink scene at the clinic and the "No, down." line.
    - Bond's "matter of perspective" exchange with Blofeld.

There's more but overall, but as I said the humor of the film is what really stood out to me.
    Skyfell wrote:

Great moment, though it seems to be misquoted on here every time as "No, down" or "No, sit" (when being compared to Octopussy). It's actually "No, stay!"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,566Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    Skyfell wrote:

Great moment, though it seems to be misquoted on here every time as "No, down" or "No, sit" (when being compared to Octopussy). It's actually "No, stay!"

I'm surprised people get that wrong - didn't realise it was as often as you say - it was even mentioned in several reviews as the best use of "stay" in a film :D
    YNWA 97
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Yes the "stay" scene is one of my favourites along with bond saluting hinx just before opening fire on him while in the snow plane, there are some truly great major scenes in this film that go without saying but the small bond moments like the "careful it's loaded " while placing his ppk on the tray made it for me.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    The train fight is great and the music matches it perfectly.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Train fight. Best ever in Bond franchise. Yes, better than FRWL. Totally unexpected, surprising, brutal, and involving the girl, which is a first. Not even Anya Amasova XXX helped Bond with Jaws. But Madeleine did.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Train fight. Best ever in Bond franchise. Yes, better than FRWL. Totally unexpected, surprising, brutal, and involving the girl, which is a first. Not even Anya Amasova XXX helped Bond with Jaws. But Madeleine did.
    Not wanting to piss off Connery fans, but yeah, ^^THIS^^
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Not wanting to piss off Connery fans, but yeah, ^^THIS^^

I am a Connery fan...and still...
  • MR-9MR-9 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Spectre Meeting and how Oberhauser reveals he knows Bond is there.