007 odds and ends that you miss

2»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Of course Bond was a smoker, so it's just part of his make up. Although I do find
    it funny in old films to see how often and where people smoked in " the old days"
    Doctors talking to patients smoking away, it even looks odd to me seeing people
    smoking inside. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

What are you talking about? Not one of Craig's Bond films has had a decent amount of Bond theme. There have been hints of it in Newman's scores, but not much. Arnold's scores for his Craig films haven't had much Bond theme either, but at least the music he writes is still in the Bond spirit, which is completely lacking from Newman's scores.
    I take it your not a big craig fan? :D

I didn't say anything here about Craig, only about the music. Craig's Bond films have featured very little Bond theme. David Arnold was able to write music with a Bond sound in CR and QOS without using the Bond theme. Thomas Newman hasn't used the Bond theme much either in his two Bond films, and his music completely lacks the Bond sound. Like MilleniumForce, I miss the Bond theme being used a decent amount in the Bond films. Arnold overused it in his three Brosnan films, but Spectre really could have used more than a few hints of the Bond theme. Better to overuse the Bond theme than to only hint at it. And then when Newman does use the Bond theme, he often uses it poorly, like on the bass flute in Mexico. Really? A bass flute for the Bond theme?

Well don't even think about it, or look like you might say anything, anything at all that suggests that Daniel is not perfect. Get it? Now don't let me tell you again, we are watching, always watching...
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    " These are the Bond films, Mr Bond. All my life I've been in love with
    their Locations, their brilliance, their divine scripts. I welcome any
    enterprise which will increase my love for them. Which is considerable !"

Extract from " Gold-am747". :D

"Choose your next witticism carefully-it may be your last"
    This line of course was in Goldfinger - and then copied in Blackadder 2 when he's tortured by that medieval German
    played by Hugh Laurie, which I watched the other night! (1985).
    Talk about unoriginal.

Bleuville.