Audio Problems with SPECTRE

CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
I've seen the film twice in two different cinemas and on both occasions had problems hearing some of the dialogue clearly in some scenes. I mentioned this to others who have seen the film and they mentioned the same issue. Has any members notice this?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Can't say I had a problem hearing any of it. Sounded OK to me.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Did you take out your iphone plugs? :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I've seen it 4 times in two different theatres in 2 different countries and had no issues with audio.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    No issues with any of the screenings I've seen...
    YNWA 97
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I thought that too ,when Sam Smith started singing I thought it sounded bloody awfull :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    I did think the soundrack was a little loud in places but I still heard the voices ok.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I've seen the film twice in two different cinemas and on both occasions had problems hearing some of the dialogue clearly in some scenes. I mentioned this to others who have seen the film and they mentioned the same issue. Has any members notice this?
    I've only seen it once, but I thought there were scenes where the audio dropped out. I notice that Craig seems to mumble more than other Bonds did, though it may just be a contemporary film thing. I watch a lot of older movies and never have trouble hearing because the audio is consistent. But more contemporary films seem to have waves and troughs, and sometimes the audio is so muddled, I can't tell what is going on. This is at home as well as the theater. The same goes for local evening news casts right now -- my mother says one of the anchors sounds like he's conducting a farm auction because he slurs his words so much and doesn't enunciate clearly. My hearing, by the way, is excellent and probably more attuned than most people, as I constantly freak students out when I hear them whispering.
  • justonequestionjustonequestion Central EuropePosts: 59MI6 Agent
    I heard and understood everything just fine. English isn't my first language, so I am sure they must have spoken quite clearly. I tend to not catch everything quite right if there are audio problems.
    "You don’t make art out of good intentions." - Gustave Flaubert;
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    The sound at my cinema was perfect, however, despite the big screen, the picture looked foggy and nowhere as sharp as Blu-ray movies look on my TV screen, which is not even 4K. I was wondering if it was deliberate cinematography, result of shooting on film, or just the cinema - but I don't think it's the latter. I really hope they will fix the picture before the Blu-ray release!
  • Markyb64Markyb64 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Saw the movie first on an I-Max screen in Leicester Sq, London where they have the countries first "laser projection " system and second at my local cinema and to be honest both audio and visual elements seemed the same i.e. both very high quality!
  • blame_thatcherblame_thatcher Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    The sound at my cinema was perfect, however, despite the big screen, the picture looked foggy and nowhere as sharp as Blu-ray movies look on my TV screen, which is not even 4K. I was wondering if it was deliberate cinematography, result of shooting on film, or just the cinema - but I don't think it's the latter. I really hope they will fix the picture before the Blu-ray release!
    Hoyte van Hoytema wanted to apply noise reduction on the footage. No idea why he wanted that but it was a foolish mistake.

The only audio issues I encountered were the sound being out of sync in one screening and Thomas Newman's lazy and generic score which caused more harm than Sam Smith.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:

More than likely it was the fault of your cinema. The projection lamp was either failing or not turned up enough for optimum illumination or the focus needed adjusting. Both times I saw SPECTRE the picture was bright and razor sharp.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    What does Stephanie whisper to Bond in the elevator? What does Bond ask Madeleine before she orders the dirty martini? I can't understand either of those.
  • ShplendidShplendid LondonPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    Sounded like it was recorded underwater...........or was that Thunderball? :)
    "That was a Smith&Wesson and you've had YOUR six!"... Bang! Bang! Bang!