List of clothing from "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Moncler. Ultra rare and also faked!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    Specifically it's the Cezanne model (2010?)

I've seen a couple on ebay but they don't go cheaply.

EDIT: Here's a frugal alternative

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Monaco-Gray-Wool-Blend-Down-Puffer-Jacket-Detachable-Hood-XL-Rare-/161924692005?hash=item25b376b825:g:VvUAAOSwYaFWbxYy
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for one on eBay -{
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Finally got a save khaki shirt!

image.jpg

image.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    I am a very huge fan of this movie and DC's character's style as I'm sure of you are as well. So I have complied a list of each outfit DC wore in Dragon Tattoo. All of this info comes from talks with people and an online auction site where a lot of the clothing items were listed.

If anyone is interested here is a google doc link that is public that has all the information that I piled together.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h50J9GW6-Eeez2jmXZubnkfErd1dv_WCJcs-59o6fwI/edit?usp=sharing

*I'm sure there is a mistake here and there. I'm not perfect and there are many outfit changes as you can see. Feel free to correct me!

**Big thanks to Simon Ruzgar for his information also!
    Dear Sir,
    would you mind to disclose the "online auction site", please?
    I´m especially interested in a first-source info on the Fiorentini & Baker´s.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
  • NyCstleNyCstle NetherlandsPosts: 20MI6 Agent
    Seven wrote:
    hthomas wrote:
    I am a very huge fan of this movie and DC's character's style as I'm sure of you are as well. So I have complied a list of each outfit DC wore in Dragon Tattoo. All of this info comes from talks with people and an online auction site where a lot of the clothing items were listed.

If anyone is interested here is a google doc link that is public that has all the information that I piled together.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h50J9GW6-Eeez2jmXZubnkfErd1dv_WCJcs-59o6fwI/edit?usp=sharing

*I'm sure there is a mistake here and there. I'm not perfect and there are many outfit changes as you can see. Feel free to correct me!

Dear Sir,
    Thank you.
    Regards,

Maybe these are the links you're looking for:
    http://www.icollector.com/Mikael-Blomkvist-Hero-Distressed-Costume-from-The-Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tattoo_i23143864 (shows Fiorentini + Baker 745 boots)

https://blacksparrowinc.com/auctions/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-auction/
    http://www.icollector.com/The-Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tattoo-Auction_as38696

I think someone posted an advertisement from Sunspel for TGWTDT a long time ago on this forum where Daniel Craig was shown in a black t-shirt, maybe that was from a scene in the apartment in Stockholm where it seems that he also wears Sunspel blue chambray pj pants.
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    NyCstle wrote:
    Seven wrote:
    hthomas wrote:

Dear Sir,
    Thank you.
    Regards,

Maybe these are the links you're looking for:
    http://www.icollector.com/Mikael-Blomkvist-Hero-Distressed-Costume-from-The-Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tattoo_i23143864 (shows Fiorentini + Baker 745 boots)

https://blacksparrowinc.com/auctions/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-auction/
    http://www.icollector.com/The-Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tattoo-Auction_as38696

I think someone posted an advertisement from Sunspel for TGWTDT a long time ago on this forum where Daniel Craig was shown in a black t-shirt, maybe that was from a scene in the apartment in Stockholm where it seems that he also wears Sunspel blue chambray pj pants.

Hello NyCstle,
    Thank you so very much for your help.
    How sad to have missed that auction.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Picked up a pair of Fiorentini and Baker 745 boots. Really like them!
    image.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • NyCstleNyCstle NetherlandsPosts: 20MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    image.jpg

I got them too and have worn them for a month or so in Dutch winter (not too cold, but quite wet). I agree, they're really terrific!
  • The TexanThe Texan Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    image.jpg

Is Barney's New York the only place that sells these? All I can find from a google search other than maybe used on ebay. They are sweet boots.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    Some very Dragon Tattoo henleys are on sale at Civilianaire...... you guys should check it out.

https://civilianaire.com/collections/mens-henleys

M51605000_9122_FRNT_2048x2048.jpg?v=1440810972

M51605000_4341_FRNT_2048x2048.jpg?v=1440811301

M51605000_9100_FRNT_2048x2048.jpg?v=1440811384

M51605000_4391_FRNT_2048x2048.jpg?v=1445899460

M51605000_9004_FRNT_2048x2048.jpg?v=1445899978
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    The Texan wrote:
    Is Barney's New York the only place that sells these? All I can find from a google search other than maybe used on ebay. They are sweet boots.

No, you can also buy them direct from F+B -

http://www.fiorentini-baker.com/collections/spring-summer-2016/745/2400

They also have a number of stores in the US (I'm assuming you're based in the US with a handle like "The Texan") -
    http://www.fiorentini-baker.com/store-locator

Hope that helps! They are amazing boots! I've had mine for 4 or 5 years.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Are the boots brown?
    They're black in both "Dragon Tattoo" and on Bradley Cooper in "The Hangover."

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Speaking of teh hangover, Bradley cooper also wore a blue Civillianare henley in part III, I have one its great.
    edited March 2016
    sruzgar wrote:
    Speaking of teh hangover, Bradley cooper also wore a blue Civillianare henley in part III, I have one its great.

Hence my knowledge of the brand. haha

But I thought he wore the jet black?
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • The TexanThe Texan Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    They're black in both "Dragon Tattoo" and on Bradley Cooper in "The Hangover."

Kind regards,
    Craig

Ok now im officially getting these. B-)

Yup I live in Austin. Dont know why my initial search didn't bring them up on the site.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    edited March 2016
    To my knowlege these were not actually worn in TGWTDT, Blomkvist Henleys were Rag & Bone, VINCE and Scheisser. I always thought Bradley coopers was blue (with a pair of JBrand corporal chinos) but I just went back and looked at some stills and it could pass for black.

At $17.50 a pop I would buy them all, amazing at that price. What is it you do armenianmovieman?
    You're right, Simon. I remember Civilianaire's Facebook post identifying themselves as the maker of the "Hangover 3" henley. Specifically it was the one in Dark Slate Blue. It does look darker on film but I chalk that up to the color grading that was applied to the film.

And I had always thought Scotch & Soda had supplied the henleys for GWTDT, but it wasn't until I saw the most recent auctions of screen-used pieces that I saw it was Vince, R&B, and Scheisser, like you mentioned. I managed to snag one of the Vince thermal henleys, and it's a great piece! The Civilianaire henleys are great too! Very lightweight!
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    I looked at buying a couple of the Civilanaire henley's but with shipping and tax to the UK they became crazy expensive. Shame as they look exactly what I'm looking for.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Lee JohnLee John Beautiful British Columbia Posts: 90MI6 Agent
    I have never heard of Civillianaire, I like their stuff. What is their sizing like on shirts?
    It was started by the two founders of Lucky Brand Jeans. I find their sizing a little large. Typically, I'm a Medium in most brands of t-shirts and henleys, but I prefer a Small with Civilianaire.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    You're right, Simon. I remember Civilianaire's Facebook post identifying themselves as the maker of the "Hangover 3" henley. Specifically it was the one in Dark Slate Blue. It does look darker on film but I chalk that up to the color grading that was applied to the film.

And I had always thought Scotch & Soda had supplied the henleys for GWTDT, but it wasn't until I saw the most recent auctions of screen-used pieces that I saw it was Vince, R&B, and Scheisser, like you mentioned. I managed to snag one of the Vince thermal henleys, and it's a great piece! The Civilianaire henleys are great too! Very lightweight!

I contacted Civilianaire at the time of the movie to ask about the henley used in Hangover 3 and even sent screenshots as to me it looked navy and the owner confirmed that unequivocally the henley used was jet black and it is due to the lighting used that makes it look navy!!! I bought black and navy and highly recommend them.
    edited March 2016
    sruzgar wrote:
    To my knowlege these were not actually worn in TGWTDT, Blomkvist Henleys were Rag & Bone, VINCE and Scheisser. I always thought Bradley coopers was blue (with a pair of JBrand corporal chinos) but I just went back and looked at some stills and it could pass for black.

At $17.50 a pop I would buy them all, amazing at that price. What is it you do armenianmovieman?

I'm just a movie fan who became a Bond fan after seeing Skyfall, not liking it, then giving it another chance.

I posted about Civilianaire because I love the henleys, and I made a post about what one brand is that you'd love for Bond to wear that he hasn't yet, and upon posting about Civilianaire some said it was very reminiscent of Mikael's henleys in Dragon Tattoo, and some of the colors are. So I thought I'd remind people about the really awesome sale.

Those buttons, though..... I just can't find any henleys like it. They're awesome.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    sruzgar wrote:

I'm just a movie fan who became a Bond fan after seeing Skyfall, not liking it, then giving it another chance.

I posted about Civilianaire because I love the henleys, and I made a post about what one brand is that you'd love for Bond to wear that he hasn't yet, and upon posting about Civilianaire some said it was very reminiscent of Mikael's henleys in Dragon Tattoo, and some of the colors are. So I thought I'd remind people about the really awesome sale.

Those buttons, though..... I just can't find any henleys like it. They're awesome.

I agree - i purchased some of their henleys at the time of Hangover 3 as I love what he was wearing. Sale is amazing if you are in USA but they charge £85 for shipping to UK which is crazy when there would also be customs charge and VAT at 20% on top.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    £85 shipping???

What was the name of the guy who personally delivered it ? :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Wow! Worth looking at bonvu.com - I and a number of others have used before and it will be significantly cheaper.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Just bought FOUR henleys on their site....total delivered to me will be $82...

These are a bargain...
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    I had a look at Bonvu also for these - bottom line was a very small saving having looked at their shipping calculator (weight and dimensions of package).

Direct from Civilianaire, shipping for 4 henleys to the UK was.............£56 :o
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    Dufus wrote:
    I had a look at Bonvu also for these - bottom line was a very small saving having looked at their shipping calculator (weight and dimensions of package).

Direct from Civilianaire, shipping for 4 henleys to the UK was.............£56 :o

No idea who they using for postage but I have NEVER had a quote as high as they provided which is a shame as they are losing out on business.