cuts and bruises...

2»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Although sometimes fights just break out with no build up.
    ........... Just spill my pint to find out ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    I liked the lack of build up, it came from nowhere like an explosion.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, Me too. {[] straight from a romantic bit of smooching
    In to a full on fight to the death. I also loved how Hinx, always
    has a half smile on his face -{ exuding confidence, he obviously
    has never had an opponent he couldn't beat. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Different folks, I loved the train fight. Two guys fighting for their lives. Bond
    looking like he's lost, as everthing he tries, seems to have no effect on Hinx. :)
    In my opinion ( like all good movie fights) it doesn't look choreographed. -{
    They look like they're trying moves as they think of them.

Is this not where Daniel Craig bust his knee?? It was a pretty vicious looking fight and I really enjoyed it!!!!

If anything was disappointing about the whole thing etc it was the lack of time Bond had with Swann at the table to develop their attraction a bit more.

Yeah, I agree with this. An additional 60 seconds or so of Swann psychoanalyzing Bond (you know how much he loves that) would have been both amusing and revealing. Then when she hears that Blofeld killed his parents, she'd . . . oh, wait, sadly that never happened.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Different folks, I loved the train fight. Two guys fighting for their lives. Bond
    looking like he's lost, as everthing he tries, seems to have no effect on Hinx. :)
    In my opinion ( like all good movie fights) it doesn't look choreographed. -{
    They look like they're trying moves as they think of them.

Is this not where Daniel Craig bust his knee?? It was a pretty vicious looking fight and I really enjoyed it!!!!

If anything was disappointing about the whole thing etc it was the lack of time Bond had with Swann at the table to develop their attraction a bit more.

Yeah, I agree with this. An additional 60 seconds or so of Swann psychoanalyzing Bond (you know how much he loves that) would have been both amusing and revealing. Then when she hears that Blofeld killed his parents, she'd . . . oh, wait, sadly that never happened.

And consequently the Bond Swann relationship lacked credibility for me. Maybe loosing a couple of minutes from the PTS and investing them here would have been an improvement to both. How hum, glad that I don't have to make those decisions.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Yes, that whole healing almost as quick as Wolverine always bothers me in Craig's films so I'm almost glad they eliminated his "now you see them now you don't" wounds in this film. It's nit picking to be sure and I do understand that creating such makeup effects and then maintaining their continuity is a first class nightmare. However, if they can't maintain the reality then why even introduce it? I was thrilled when I first saw CR and Craig showed the aftermath of going through the meat grinder of the action scenes. It made him more like Fleming's character and more human. Then a few scenes later and it's supposedly only the next day and he's spotless? Sorry, doesn't wash. Either do it right or just leave it out.

LOGAN.jpg

Where was it established that he was on the train to Montenegro the next day?

M tells Bond (in the Nassau scene) that Le Chiffre has already scheduled the game. Given the fact Bond had scuttled Le Chiffre's stock earnings by intervening in the bombing of the plane the night before, Le Chiffre had to get the money back as soon as possible before Quantum found out. Time was critical and taking days to set up the game would have not been an option for him. It's therefore safe to assume that the game was set up to take place the following night since Bond is riding on the train in the evening before. He would have flown to Montenegro (11 hours) and been on the overnight train and arrived the next morning with Vesper.