Bond's mobile phone in SPECTRE

2»

Comments

• PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    In a few days I will retire my Z3 Compact from active service. I have used it for 2 years. It is practically scratch-free as I always had a cover and a screen protector on it. The headphone jack is broken (a common problem with this phone type) and the top 1 mm of the touchscreen isn’t working (another common problem with this phone annoying and the reason for me to buy a new phone). However, it might be something for someone’s collection as a display piece.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • DUBL_OHDUBL_OH Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Peppermill, it would be an upgrade for me. I am still using the Xperia T from Skyfall.
    If that one is still working I would keep using that one. The Z3 is falling apart, fast!
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    I'm using the Z5 from Spectre and find it fantastic.
    I have the limited edition, but actually, you can buy a regular model and download the Bond theme.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Peppermill wrote:
    If that one is still working I would keep using that one. The Z3 is falling apart, fast!

True that... I only had mine for like 6 months, the sim card cover had to go because the rubber broke and I couldn't close it anymore and the back cracked (no idea how exactly). Obviously it's a faster phone than the XPERIA T but I fear it will not live as long as that.

Commendant - the Z5 was not used in SPECTRE.
    MrZareba wrote:
    Peppermill wrote:

I know... For once, I'm a bit more up to date than Mr Bond -{
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:
    Peppermill wrote:

Yeah, it was a weird move. What's even weirder is that the Z3 and Z5 don't differ that much, both have relatively the same power and screens. The battery is a little bit better in the Z5 and you have that fancy fingerprint scanner but I think that's it?

I'm happy with my Z3 because it has a way better battery than the T but overall it's not like I feel blessed by having that smartphone.
    MrZareba wrote:
    Commandant wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

Yeah, it was a weird move. What's even weirder is that the Z3 and Z5 don't differ that much, both have relatively the same power and screens. The battery is a little bit better in the Z5 and you have that fancy fingerprint scanner but I think that's it?

I'm happy with my Z3 because it has a way better battery than the T but overall it's not like I feel blessed by having that smartphone.

The Z5 battery lasts much longer than iPhones and you are right the fingerprint scanner works well.
    The waterproof option is also a plus.

You should download the Jb theme on your Z3!
    It is really nice.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I've had my z3 for over 2 years now, apart from a recent camera software issue it's been faultless, it's my 4th xperia in a row and I'll continue with them.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Same here Chris, on a z5 now but no issues with any of the previous 3...
    But, phones are like undies, once you find a brand that fits you rarely change (brands I mean, not individual pairs)....
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    :))
    Well I could upgrade now, but for some reason the z5 is more than the new xz? So I'm undecided. Mrs coop has just gone from an xperia M to the new xa1 ultra, which is a lovely phone so I may go for the xz eventually but for now I'm happy with the z3. I left I phones back with the 3g and for me I'd never go back to them, as long as Sony keep up the standards I'll stick with them.
    Sony has been my go-to brand for quite some time too. My new phone is the XZ1 Compact, so I am sticking with them because I haven't had an issue with Sony before the ill-fated Z3 compact. My girlfriend has the same phone (z3 compact) and, apart from the rubber thingy, hasn't had any problems with it at all.
    I bought a magnet charger for mine as my previous phone the Z eventually got the issue with the flap not locking shut properly so with the magnet charger my flap on the z3 hardly gets used and stays firmly closed.