18 Feb Auction - updates

Comments

• RedDawn289RedDawn289 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    RedDawn289 wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Donk is invited! -{
    DSC03301.jpg

Could you place a bid in on the DB10 for me old chap! ;)

Happy to old bean. Would you be kind enough to supply me with your banking sort code and a personal letter of authority that you have the funds to cover said purchase....£2000,000.00 UK should cover it hopefully :D ....Donkey will settle for a £27.50 catalogue :))

haha you sound like a Nigerian Prince? :))
    it is interesting to see the skull mask. I didn't realize that it covered the forehead as well.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Gutted that they're not offering "SpagBol with Monica'. Guess I'll just have to settle for the DB10 instead.
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Gutted that they're not offering "SpagBol with Monica'. Guess I'll just have to settle for the DB10 instead.

:)) :))
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

I think someone had an invitation around here - I concluded that it's an invite only? :/

Shame! What lucky bugger got the invitation?! 8-) :) -{

Well... You can look a few posts back and you'll see ;)

Ah! Thanks.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Still wish a good replica of those skull masks would surface... Probably be fairly cheap to produce... Would be a cool item to throw in the movie room cabinet :)
    MFisher wrote:
    Still wish a good replica of those skull masks would surface... Probably be fairly cheap to produce... Would be a cool item to throw in the movie room cabinet :)

You and me both.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:

That would be the perfect Halloween/New Year's/you name it costume! :/ Can't believe why replicas are not flooding eBay.
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    MFisher wrote:

That would be the perfect Halloween/New Year's/you name it costume! :/ Can't believe why replicas are not flooding eBay.

Not brilliant ....... but OK for Halloween -{

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRP-Skull-Skeleton-Full-Face-Mask-Cosplay-Props-For-James-Bond-007-Spectre-/351595052027?hash=item51dcb2bbfb:g:nnQAAOSwvt1WRYYj
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Are we going to set up a sweepstake/competition like we did for the last auction for the 50th anniversary?
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Really hoping that after that holster is purchased that it would be possible to get some really good detailed photos of the construction.. I'd love to build a replica myself. I have been building small scale holsters for years for figure collectors.. Translating the same practices to full scale would not be all that difficult.. Plus I'd like to build an accurate 1/6 scale version for a custom figure anyway.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    We now know who made the top hat. The Jaxon Victorian retails for only $78.

I am curious as to the final prices on the prototype Omega, Q's laptop, the holster, and both the Mexico City lots. Everything could go for the opening bid and still be too expensive for me. :(
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    I expect nothing less from some here than to identify the shaker and martini glasses for the rest of us. :))
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    flamingtext_com_MTUw_NDE0_Mzgx_Nj_Q2.jpg
    addtext_com_MTUz_OTEw_Mzg0_NTc3.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Im guessing that bow tie is not the SA one
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im guessing that bow tie is not the SA one

Correct. I think that's the bow tie Tom Ford has in the Spectre Buy Book.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Indeed

I reserved one at TF but declined when I saw it was not diamond shaped / tipped (or whatever the proper terminology is - sure you will correct me!)
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Glad to finally see the lens on the Snowdons confirmed as grey. Been bugging me since people thought it was a custom job (as didn't match the retail versions!)

Interesting that theyre the 50 lens size. Sure someone stated that the 52s were used?
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Isnt 52N the code for the havana colour hence maybe the confusion

If I ever buy a pair I would def have to go for 52 size
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Craig has a very small head. His glasses be they TF or Persol have always been the smallest sized frames.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Indeed. The Snowdons 50 look crazy small on my big head!!!
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Craig has a very small head. His glasses be they TF or Persol have always been the smallest sized frames.

In the couple seconds he wore the Persol 2720s I thought they were the larger 60mm size. The temple pieces looked bent inward like when he wore the 63mm 2244s.

I was surprised that the top hat is only 61cm, which is basically my size.
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

In the couple seconds he wore the Persol 2720s I thought they were the larger 60mm size. The temple pieces looked bent inward like when he wore the 63mm 2244s.

I was surprised that the top hat is only 61cm, which is basically my size.

Surely the size of the hat on this occasion is to accommodate the forehead part of the mask?

I hope someone out there is able to produce an accurate replica! (accurate compared to the Christie image; I know there is a version replica already on fleabay...)
    GaryD_007 wrote:

Surely the size of the hat on this occasion is to accommodate the forehead part of the mask?

I hope someone out there is able to produce an accurate replica! (accurate compared to the Christie image; I know there is a version replica already on fleabay...)

No doubt the hat was a little large to accommodate the mask. I wear a 60 cm hat, so a 61 cm may work for the mask.

I too would like to find accurate versions of both the Bond and Estrella masks.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Indeed

I reserved one at TF but declined when I saw it was not diamond shaped / tipped (or whatever the proper terminology is - sure you will correct me!)

Paul,
    You're correct, the shape is normal called a 'diamond point' :007)
    Darn it, people, this was my champagne and martini prop thread and now it's a clothing thread... :))
    Purchase the martini glasses and shaker and we will discuss it. :))
    Purchase the martini glasses and shaker and we will discuss it. :))

Indeed :))
    Okay, I can certainly buy them--I just can't afford the shipping. :)) But if I could do it for charity, I would!