Replica Spectre Mask

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    All. They are waiting to view the mask on blu ray (Monday) to get a detailed look at it, rather than just from the stills Ive sent.
    So hope to have some more info mid / back end of next week
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • jbukjbuk Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    id be interest around the £50 mark too
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    If it's going to be done correctly then it would need to be at the £150 mark at least.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    If it's going to be done correctly then it would need to be at the £150 mark at least.

That's what I fear. Obviously the production mask was articulated. You can see that just from the photos on the Christie's site, but can a one piece be made in an affordable way? Maybe have the jaw slightly open so the detailing of the teeth can be seen?
  • Spectre0072015Spectre0072015 Posts: 72MI6 Agent
    I'm interested
    Asp9mm wrote:

That's what I fear. Obviously the production mask was articulated. You can see that just from the photos on the Christie's site, but can a one piece be made in an affordable way? Maybe have the jaw slightly open so the detailing of the teeth can be seen?

Talking to the potential designer yesterday, a movable jaw means 2 castings and fixings
    So will at least double the cost
    After theyve studied it on blu ray we're going to pick it up again and decide on plan

• double o egodouble o ego Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    I think we can forget about the movable jaw. We just want a close to accurate as possible mask.
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    For what it's worth, I'm not too fussed about a moving jaw...

Either way though, I'm defo in for one regardless! -{
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    There's an interview with Jany on the Christie's site where she talks about having the mask specially made and says it's "articulated" - it sure looks like one piece in the film (especially when he pulls it off). I think the film piece might have been built onto a lifecast of Craig so that it fit like a glove.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Have you got a link to that interview?
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Thanks
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I think the film piece might have been built onto a lifecast of Craig so that it fit like a glove.

I'm almost certain it was. Before digital scanning, the actor would have sat through a casting of his face by a make-up team (see the "Making of Thriller" video to see this in action). It's a painstaking process that takes hours. But now, actors are digitally (and photographically) scanned in order for visual effects to create a digital double for use in CG shots and where it's not safe for an actor, or for computer-generated enhancements to be made (such was the case with the Blofeld scarring that was seen on Christoph Waltz's face in the climax of the film; if you look closely in some of the behind the scenes images of the filming at Westminster Bridge, you'll notice the tracking markers on Waltz's face which were used by the VFX team to create his scars). I'm sure the digital scan of DC was used to create the Day of the Dead mask so that it fit perfectly on his face.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • AufingerFanAufingerFan USAPosts: 51MI6 Agent
    Went to the cinema last night for one of the last screenings of SPECTRE and watched specifically to see if DC's mask was articulated. There was no obvious pivot point visible, but there are a couple of spots that are candidates for that. The only time I saw the lower jaw move, and it was just slightly moving, was when DC ripped the mask off in the hotel room. The motion of the lower jaw is very slight, but is definitely different than the motion of the rest of the mask. Perhaps the pivot points were digitally removed from the film but I think we can confirm what Jany Tamille stated about the articulation.
  • AbelAbel DenmarkPosts: 354MI6 Agent
    I'm interested too.
    Depending on the price of course.
    You left this with Ferrara, I believe
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    Sirs,
    I´m interested too.
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
  • Clint1971Clint1971 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I'm in depending on the cost.......
  • RedbeardRedbeard GermanyPosts: 21MI6 Agent
    I am very interested!
  • agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    I'm interested for around the £50 mark.
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex
    Well, I guess 100% SA just got more expensive.

Blair's Christie's Auction video demonstrates that the mask is articulated, with elastic to prevent the jaw from flopping open.

Personally I would be happy with a one piece mask with the jaw slightly open.
  • spartanrkspartanrk Las VegasPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    Well, I guess 100% SA just got more expensive.

Blair's Christie's Auction video demonstrates that the mask is articulated, with elastic to prevent the jaw from flopping open.

Personally I would be happy with a one piece mask with the jaw slightly open.

ditto with the one piece
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited March 2016
    The DC one in the film have arms that attached the mask to the face/ears like a pair of glasses? Only in Blairs excellent video, they are not evident, and the mask is held onto the display manikins head by an elastic strap.... I know there were probably a few made, so maybe that's why...
    image.jpg
    Tennyson wrote:
    The DC one in the film have arms that attached the mask to the face/ears like a pair of glasses? Only in Blairs excellent video, they are not evident, and the mask is held onto the display manikins head by an elastic strap.... I know there were probably a few made, so maybe that's why...
    image.jpg

Also, the teeth are together in that photo and the black lines on the side of the skull don't seem as prominent as the Christie's mask. Well, this muddies the waters a bit.

Mark, it looks like your mask maker has some options.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I see no need for it to articulate. It would just make it prone to breaking. One piece, I say!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    The one he takes off in the hotel scene is completely different to the one he wears before. He wears the egg shaped auction version in all the scenes leading up to the part where he removes it. If you want to wear the piece, then don't go with glasses type armatures as they aren't practical, will hurt and don't work in real life. Your head will itch like a bitch too. Great for display, terrible for wearing.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    edited March 2016
    The reason the black lines don't look as prominent and the teeth appear to be together in the photo mentioned above is just due to lighting/angle in that scene. Just watched it now and as Bond enters the lift and then walks into room lines are dark and prominent, teeth are apart (you can see flashes of light between teeth as Bond moves his head in lift), its the angle at which he takes it off and lighting that makes them seem less so.

Also you can see the 'glasses arms' as he enters the room so as this scene looks like one long shot, presume they are here from when he enters the hotel.

There is also movement/articulation of jaw the instant he removes the mask if you watch very carefully.

Will check this out on Błue-Ray as I've just watched it on I-pad.
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Hey guys find attached my present just arrived
    Its a gift from a friend , the material is like fibreglass and the mouth piece cant move
    Behind is velcro and a sponge pad on the forehead area so its wuit comfy

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Hit a dead end
    Original manufacturer doesnt think he can produce the mask to the level I / we would want.
    I have a lot of work on presently but will resume with a new search when I can...

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Hit a dead end
    Original manufacturer doesnt think he can produce the mask to the level I / we would want.
    I have a lot of work on presently but will resume with a new search when I can...

You've been in touch with the original prop guy?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org