I come to praise Bond, not to bury him !

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I thought that was Gidea Park ? ;) :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Clearly your more informed than me TP :)
  • DaleDale Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    I watched this film when it was released on Sky Movies the other day. The first time I'd seen it since it's release. And I enjoyed it much more than I did in the cinema as is usually the case because there's a lot you miss and at the same time there is a lot that you kinder to after the buzz of watching a Bond in the cinema.

Opening sequence - amazing. The one tracking shot was excellent. The whole thing just looked so organic. It also looked fresh and new but with subtle nods to Live and Let Die.

Daniel Craig - he moves by far with most confidence of all the Bond's. I don't even know if confidence is the right word. But he has a certain 'cocky' swagger to his walk. I have never had such a sense that Bond loves himself as much as Craig. But I love it. And it's an interesting portrayal.

I like the lighter bits too. And Criag can do them as well as the hard stuff. The wave at the dude at the funeral, skipping off the boat after Tanner asks him to be careful etc - all very subtle and all the funnier for it!

And the scene with Monica Bellucci is one of the most sexually charged scenes I've ever seen in Bond. A testament to both actors' ability.

The musical arrangement of the theme tune mid way (or two third) through the film. I miss when these used to frequesnt the movie's more often.

The last scene when he drives off in the AM is a great moment for Bond fans.

I usually don't like it when Bond's office colleagues are with him in the field in an action/danger sense as it's far fetched and pretty lazy writing. But it worked here, for the most part.

The scene in the log cabin with Mr White is very powerful and one of my favourite scenes in a Bond film for a long time. Very tense and touching.

The car chase scene when Moneypenny says to Bond 'it's called a life James, you should try it' :D I like it when Q and Moneypenny take the piss out of Craig's Bond as it levels him out a bit.

The 'Spectre' meeting was also very well done. Unfortunately this was the only time Christoph Waltz came across as actually menacing. And the lighting was achieving most of that.

Oh and the bit where Bond asks the mouse who he was working for. I was thinking at the time 'don't shoooooooot' :s

There's more but that's the main crop. All in all, a brilliant film. Not without it's flaws but I guess this isn't the thread for them!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,360Chief of Staff
    I thought that was Gidea Park ? ;) :D

:)) :)) :)) Oh, very good!
    Nice post, Dale. -{

I'm guessing we all have " New York, New York" in the car, so we can press the play
    button ? ( just for a second ) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • DaleDale Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    Why thank you Thunderpussy!

Best name I've seen on a forum ever! :))
    I noticed watching spectre again ( I didn't notice before, as I was too busy laughing at Q ) but
    as I'd read about it, I kept an eye on Tanner's face during Q's joke about the DB5. It is funny
    seeing him laugh along with Q, until he sees Bond's face, and the smile vanishes. :))
    Damn, I love these films ! Just wanted to put that
    Out there. -{
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    With you on that Tp, every single one of them ( except NSNA) {[]
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    :)) agreed, NSNA is pants , sometimes fans can get so caught up in comparing/ ranking etc
    That they almost seem to forget the fun/excitement, laughter / action we've all had from them
    For years.
    I still have butterflies, waiting in the cinema for a new Bond film, and for the next two hours
    I'm transported back to that eleven year old boy, playing on the floor and seeing my first Bond
    On television.
    (CR67) would also be in my pants collection. :D
    Never seen that all the way through either. Your right of course, we seem to live in an age of discussing any small fault instead of celebrating the stuff they got bang on. As you know Im a non tanker as without exception there is something I love about every one of the 24 films.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Thought it might be fun to go through every Bond film, noting all the little things that
    either put a smile on your face, or make you feel good in some way ( So NO negative
    posts wanted ) all comments and observations gratefully accepted. -{
    Starting with some of my opinions on ..... SPECTRE. .... Loved ....

The Traditional gun barrel
    Opening shot and Music, wonderful. I loved how Bond swayed with the girl in the lift.
    How cool is Bond walking along the roof edge.
    Craig's face on realising the building is going to fall.
    The Helicopter sequence ( Fantastic) and knowing because of the thin air at high altitude
    some of it had to be filmed elsewhere.
    The titles and theme song ( Yes I love Sam's song )
    Bond's quip about M having a tricky day then calling Denbigh "C"
    Bond's unfurnished flat, as I guess he's never there.
    Dame Judi :x a national treasure.
    Tanner telling Bond to be careful getting off the boat, and Bond simply skipping off it.
    The Q scene, I really love Ben as a young Q. along with his bad joke about " One piece"
    I love how the special switches on the AM are roughly screwed to the dash.
    Bond giving a wave to a spectre thug in the graveyard.
    Bond smashing the champagne glasses, very forceful ( in the old days, I'd say Bond would have
    given her a slap ) very Alpha Male.
    Monica in sexy underwear ( same as me as I write this ) ;)
    The spectre meeting, you can sense the fear of everyone in the room, and how they almost wet
    themselves when called to speak to the head man. Even the table is impressive.
    The introduction of Mr Hinx, I'd say that frightened many kids .... and a few adults too.
    I love how all through the film Hinx had a half smile on his face.
    The car chase was fun, Loved the interplay with Moneypwnny and how Bond is concerned about
    who she's seeing. The music selection of 009 and the air bag going off in the old blokes fiat. :D
    and the look of happiness on Bond's face when a gadget finally works.
    The opening establishing shots of Austria through the mountain road and across the lake.
    ( Thank God they didn't use Norway ! :p :D )
    In fact the cinematography was just fantastic throughout.
    The Bond v Mr White discussion, very atmospheric
    C saying about his new building " Good God the government couldn't afford this !"
    The establishing shots of the clinic, Bond's questionnaire, and his complaining at the bar.
    Bond telling the security guard to "Stay" and how he dispatches the two spectre thugs
    outside.
    The entire snow chase sequence, amazing stuff.
    I was really worried about Q, in case he got roughed up by a couple of villains and at the
    end Bond casually shooting the driver.
    The slight hand movement after the crash to let us know, You can't keep a bad man down.

I'll continue the second half later, and if anyone else wants to contribute to what they loved
    about Spectre. please join in. :)

( and yes, I know I've misquoted Shakespeare, in the heading ) ;)

I agree on everything other than the title song and the wrong location in the snow scenes ... :v
    I also enjoyed the scene where Bond saves Sciarras widow. Then he slept with the widow of a man he killed - just after his burrial!
    I think there's an old Mafia expression that goes something like
    " Get the man, then get his girl " ? .... So Bond was simply carrying
    On an old tradition. ;)
    There is a short moment while Bond is in the wrong country, just after Madeleine has injected the syringe into one of her captors. Hinx then aims his gun at her. Madeleine slides away from the man with the syringe in his neck, and the expression on her face is like a school girl who has been caught misbehaving in class. Priceless :))
    I was wondering: when Bond and Madeline are shown into the meteorite building, they are offered champagne. Bond replies: - Maybe later.
    Is this the first time in history Bond declines a drink?
    If not, when has it happened before?
    :)) Interesting observation ? ........ Although I'm still picturing Madeleine as a naughty schoolgirl ;%
    On a similar note ..... There is air guitar, but does anyone else do "Air Bond" ?
    When watching any Bond car chase, I can't help moving my feet and an
    Imaginary gear stick !
    On a similar note ..... There is air guitar, but does anyone else do "Air Bond" ?
    When watching any Bond car chase, I can't help moving my feet and an
    Imaginary gear stick !
    I often do a bond type pout/ grimace while overtaking ;%
    I have had a glass of bourbon while looking at myself in a bathroom mirror........
    ....... Only with much more sucking in of my stomach. ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Another great thread, BE POSITIVE, and no wonder it's from Thunderpussy :007)

I made this presentation of my love for Bond a while ago, put into 10 pages. I may have posted part of it elsewhere but here is the whole thing.

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    Dalton Rulez™
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Great post Jason. Bond films are amazing -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    -{ Great post indeed Jason. We share a couple of favourites.
    Which is understandable as you've great taste. {[]
    At times the negativity of some can be annoying , Bond is
    My childhood hero. So I still have my child like enthusiasm
    For the films, books, actors ..... everything really :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,360Chief of Staff
    +1 {[]
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    I am surprised no one mentioned (or I missed someone's mention) the part in Spectre PTS where Bond falls onto the couch :))

I actually started laughing in the theater.

Best,
    Stefan
    I laughed at Daniels expression, looking at the buildings frontage as he quickly
    worked out where it was going to fall :D also would I be the only one who can't
    help moving to the rhythm of the street band.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    nafets47 wrote:
    I am surprised no one mentioned (or I missed someone's mention) the part in Spectre PTS where Bond falls onto the couch :))

Best,
    Stefan

I laughed at that too!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I laughed at Daniels expression, looking at the buildings frontage as he quickly
    worked out where it was going to fall :D also would I be the only one who can't
    help moving to the rhythm of the street band.
    Ooh no your not alone in that one.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    nafets47 wrote:

Best,
    Stefan

That was a good moment.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    nafets47 wrote:

Best,
    Stefan

That was a good moment.

Agreed, that was a true Roger Moore moment. I think that was kind of what they were aiming for with Spectre.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :# Sadly it seems another wave of finding fault with the
    Bonds are upon us. So time for my therapy to kick in , I
    Need to Praise these films again.

Firstly I love them ALL , where others see faults I see
    Individuality, trying new ideas, and there's still nothing
    Better than driving along listening to a Bond score.
    And Absolutely no movie series has brought a cinema
    Audience so many weird/outlandish/over the top, brilliant
    Cast of characters/ stunt work, and entertainment.
    Instead of being critical, I instead would like to thank
    Everyone involved in bringing these fantastic movies
    In to my life. -{