Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• HoagieHoagie Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    I've been watching SS-GB on the BBC, a Len Dieghton novel adapted, written and produced by Purvis and Wade. I must say it feels very much like 'reading' a Fleming Bond to me, and the lead, Sam Riley although quite young looking has similar features to Roger Moore, but has an intensity that befits a harder edged Bond. A bit of time in the Gym and I think he'd be great. If he's been mentioned before, apologies for any repetition!
    sam_riley.jpg
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    Just saw trailer for skull Island, TH looks pretty cool, I would be more than happy if he is Bond 7 even if DC comes back for one more TH would only be 40 for Bond26 and PBS was 42 and RM 46! So long as it's not another Bond begins :)) also might just add TH is a bloody good actor has anyone seen his portrayal of Hank Williams? I think he would give Bond is all!
    I saw the Light (get it?) TH was great. I'm looking forward to Skull Island.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Hiddleston and Aidan Turner both have two of the important traits that are important to the Bond formula, charisma and screen presence.
    It's funny, but most point to Hiddleston's turn in "The Night Manager" as proof of his Bond suitability. I look at things a bit differently. I believe there are a lot of British actors who could have done very well in "The Night Manager". It's Hiddleston's role as Loki which gives him the upper hand for Bond. The sardonic wit, cruel humor and touch of sadism he conveys so well as Loki IMO will translate very well to Bond and also help separate him from Craig's portrayal.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    On the Radio 1 Breakfast Show host Nick Grimshaw asked Tom Hiddleston about the rumours of him being cast as the next Doctor Who or James Bond, here's what he had to say.

"Obviously it's very flattering that people think I'm part of the conversation ... Neither of those two opportunities have come my way. [...] It's difficult because people say 'how would you feel if you were asked?' and you don't know because you haven't been asked."
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sam Smith said similar things about singing the Spectre theme. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/773589/James-Bond-007-Tom-Hiddleston-Kong-Skull-Island-director-Jordan-Vogt-Roberts-next-007
    from The Express, about TH getting Bond but basically just some advertising for Skull Island.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Sam Smith said similar things about singing the Spectre theme. ;)
    and Adele about singing SF I believe!!!
    So it's safe to say TH will be singing Bond25 theme :))
    :)) I too am denying that I am to be the next 007 ;)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    One spin on this is that TH has to say he hasn't been contacted about Bond either way. If he hasn't been asked he shouldn't lie, but if sir Miles is right he probably isn't alowed to say he has been contacted.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Gala Brand wrote:

I don't think Eon would be happy if he gave the game away in a nothing interview :))
    YNWA 97
    Number24 wrote:
    One spin on this is that TH has to say he hasn't been contacted about Bond either way. If he hasn't been asked he shouldn't lie, but if sir Miles is right he probably isn't alowed to say he has been contacted.

It's not my information...I just believe the person who told us all here... -{
    YNWA 97
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I don't think the makers of skull island would be happy if he dropped that in an interview about their film!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I don't think the makers of skull island would be happy if he dropped that in an interview about their film!

True enough - completely sideline the film :o :))
    YNWA 97
    edited March 2017
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I will blame you anyway if the information is wrong, but give you no credit if it's correct. :v
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Could you imagine if he said casually, " oh yes well I've read the script and can't wait to start filming later this year "

Skull island? What's that then? Oh yes that film hiddleston was in when he announced he was James bond :D
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Is the part about Dr. Who true or have the producers of the TV show also put the screws to Hiddleston?
    I think Ben Wishaw is a better choice for Dr Who than TH.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

The way this is usually handled is: There were some talks (if there were) but that doesn't mean anything because 99% of the time they come to nothing.

All perfectly true.
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I will blame you anyway if the information is wrong, but give you no credit if it's correct. :v

So that's you and everyone else in the world about my entire life !!! :))
    YNWA 97
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Sir Miles you are just teasing my curiosity with your insider info! :))

Just answer me this, on a scale of 1 to 10, how confident are you of Tom Hiddleston being Bond in film 25?
    Revolver66 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Sir Miles you are just teasing my curiosity with your insider info! :))

Just answer me this, on a scale of 1 to 10, how confident are you of Tom Hiddleston being Bond in film 25?

My insider info is the same as everyone else's...in so much as the person posted the information in this very thread :)) I just happen to believe him, he's never told fibs before and he hasn't now -{

The way I understand it is...DC 'resigned' as Bond nearly a year ago and Eon need a back up plan...so they got themselves one !
    YNWA 97
    I think sir M is really a bookmaker, enticing bets on hiddleston :v
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    The lady who is Miss Moneypenny was on the television a few nights ago, she said that she thinks Daniel Craig is coming back for the next film.
    I personally think DC has finished and TH will be the new 007 which am fine with, I just hope that they leave the spectre/Blofeld thing alone for his tenure and just have 3( to start with) good stand alone films Property of a Lady, Hilderbrand Rarity and Risico but if wrong(usually am) and DC does another then that could tie up the Blofeld thing and titled Shatterhand then TH could take over for the 3 movies as said :)
    Chriscoop wrote:

If only - I've never seen a poor bookie :))

TH is about 7-1 at present...?...worth a fiver I reckon :D
    YNWA 97
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    I personally think DC has finished and TH will be the new 007 which am fine with, I just hope that they leave the spectre/Blofeld thing alone for his tenure and just have 3( to start with) good stand alone films Property of a Lady, Hilderbrand Rarity and Risico but if wrong(usually am) and DC does another then that could tie up the Blofeld thing and titled Shatterhand then TH could take over for the 3 movies as said :)

Why does everyone want Shatterhand? The Garden Of Death is a million times better
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

TH is about 7-1 at present...?...worth a fiver I reckon :D

I read that as 7 foot 1 for a second :)) Tallest bond ever
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Maybe just me looking for an angle that doesn't exist but over on 007.com DC is focus of the week to mark his birthday. The write up to me seems to refer to him a lot in the past tense.
    Anyone else reading this in the same way?
    http://www.007.com/focus-of-the-week-daniel-craig/
This discussion has been closed.