Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "Sun journalism" ..... Surely that's an oxymoron ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    HowardB wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

It's been reported that Logan Lucky is a 35 day shoot. Then on to Othello and Purity for Craig. Interesting that it appears that all these roles are supporting and not the lead. I'm sure he's being well paid for the film and cable series but the big money still is with Bond.

Iago isn't really a supporting role. He has more lines than any other character in any Shakespeare play. His character is also much more complex than Othello. Some have said that the play should be called "Iago."

Shows what I know about Shakespeare. :( -{

It's much like "The Merchant Of Venice"- the title character (Antonio) isn't the main role (that would be Shylock, with Portia as female lead).
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Peppermill wrote:

He's hardly "unrecognizable". In fact, the photo reminds me of his role in "The Power of One". Craig is at his best when he plays henchmen!
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I'm starting to think that there is a tradition of the producers wanting to surprise people about the new Bond actor. I never really followed the news between Bond movies. But every time a new actor became Bond it was always a surprise that they were even changing actors. At least for me.

I didn't know Timothy Dalton wasn't going to be Bond anymore. There was a long gap, then Pierce Brosnan was going to be Bond. Pierce Brosnan thought he was going to continue playing Bond then surprise Daniel Craig is playing Bond.

I bet they are just getting things ready for the next surprise.
    "Better late than never."
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

Iago isn't really a supporting role. He has more lines than any other character in any Shakespeare play. His character is also much more complex than Othello. Some have said that the play should be called "Iago."

Shows what I know about Shakespeare. :( -{

It's much like "The Merchant Of Venice"- the title character (Antonio) isn't the main role (that would be Shylock, with Portia as female lead).

Iago is a terrific part,some of the very best dialogue in Shakespeare. I think Daniel will do a superb job.iago is plausible on the surface but with real malevolent nastiness lurking obscured beneath the facade. A lot for Danny boy to sink his teeth into and a very savvy post Bond choice. I think he will be great. But defo not a supporting role.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Just based upon the pictures of Craig in costume and make-up from Logan Lucky, it appears that he is pursuing more character parts that are a far departure from Bond. I'm sure he's become very well off from the Bond films and if he doesn't make insane salary demands he'll have no trouble getting work in films and projects he actually wants to do...plus he's actually a very good actor. I still wouldn't completely rule him out for Bond 25. Craig has a close relationship with Barbara Broccoli and EON really went out on a limb casting him as Bond in the first place and even giving him an executive producer credit on SPECTRE. If EON comes to Craig with a superb script and a director he really wants to work with.......then maybe. That being said, my gut tells me that there will be a new actor cast for Bond 25. I also think there could be validity to the "Bond in waiting" theory; that a new Bond actor has been put on hold or retainer until Craig makes up his mind. If Craig comes back, the actor is paid a tidy sum (probably what they would be paid for a leading role in a non-Bond film) for their time and discretion. If Craig moves on (or he doesn't commit by a certain date), they are now the new Bond.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,285MI6 Agent
    I now present the next James Bond:

e9049f378eccfb34197383639b553934.jpg

He's the right age - 30.

It's his last Olympics - so he needs a new role.

He won't get signed for Man U, face it.

He was born in Jamaica and spends a lot of time in London when not travelling the globe for work commitments. Bond was created in Jamaica (by Ian Fleming at Goldeneye) and spends a lot of time in London when not travelling the globe for work commitments.

There's been talk of a black James Bond.

Only one drawback... Bond is known for his loose ways with the ladies... I'm not sure what Mr Bolt's reputation is in that field. ?:)

Bolt... the fastest Bond yet.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Ha - doubt he has the right image after his Rio exploits
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

That's regurgitated regurgitation originally in the Sun. It is utter crap and lazy utter crap at that.
    Jag wrote:
    Peppermill wrote:

He's hardly "unrecognizable". In fact, the photo reminds me of his role in "The Power of One". Craig is at his best when he plays henchmen!

I always felt that Daniel would have made a terrific Red Grant.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • OakvaleOakvale Pennsylvania Posts: 155MI6 Agent
    ^^
    He'll have to get a new watch.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Howard, I think you may be onto something with your Bond-in-waiting theory.
    Howard, I think you may be onto something with your Bond-in-waiting theory.

Cubby did something similar with John Gavin...I just don't know how sincere Cubby was in actually casting Gavin. Gavin may have been paid to just have his name put out there. I will say, if Gavin could have done a good British accent he might have made a good Bond.
    I still get the feeling that if Craig does not return it's either Hiddleston or Turner. After Thor, Hiddleston has nothing scheduled that I am aware of and Turner reportedly will be finished the 3rd season of Poldark for a 2017 airing so both appear available for a Bond shoot that will be a Fall 2018 release....as would Danny. I think we will know for sure that Craig isn't returning when another project for 2017 shows up on his dance card...but until then
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I expect Hiddleston will keep his dance card open through the end of this year for a Bond film with a late 2018 release (meaning filming starts late 2017). If nothing's lined up by early 2017 I expect he'll look to do something else.
    If Hiddleston or someone else is "on retainer" my guess would be that there is a date by which they are either given the role or released from any further obligation. It's possible that Craig has officially made his intensions not to return and EON is just waiting for the right time to announce the new Bond....or not :))
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Have the "Hiddleston is a done deal" gang just gotten tired of popping in here to remind us they know something, or has their confidence in their intel taken a hit of late...? :p
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    This is my dream casting of some of the shortlisted actors:

Michael Fassbender as Bond, with Hiddleston and Elba as villains.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    Have the "Hiddleston is a done deal" gang just gotten tired of popping in here to remind us they know something, or has their confidence in their intel taken a hit of late...? :p

The former, definitely not the latter ;)
    YNWA 97
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    Dan will be back
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Sir Miles wrote:

The former, definitely not the latter ;)

Quite so B-) No reason to doubt it at this point -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    ""Hiddleston is a done deal" gang" :)) :)) :)) Made my day definitely :D
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited September 2016
    MrZareba wrote:
    ""Hiddleston is a done deal" gang" :)) :)) :)) Made my day definitely :D

The announcement is going to feel like Christmas morning, after some of the grief I've been getting by doubters elsewhere :v Looking forward to a $5 payoff and a public mea culpa from the most obnoxious of the lot :007)

P.S. That might be AJB Glossary worthy! {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    lotus wrote:
    Dan will be back

Nah
    lotus wrote:
    Dan will be back

It's a sign ! A sign in tell You ! :007)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

My wish, so I hope this one's true. But we shall see...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Who is worse: The 'Hiddleston is a done deal gang' or Daniel Craig who said he would rather slash his wrists than play James Bond again ?

If Craig comes back to play Bond then that would make Craig no more than a whore.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • OakvaleOakvale Pennsylvania Posts: 155MI6 Agent
    perdogg wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Who is worse: The 'Hiddleston is a done deal gang' or Daniel Craig who said he would rather slash his wrists than play James Bond again ?

If Craig comes back to play Bond then that would make Craig no more than a whore.

Craig said that as he had just come off the grueling filming of the movie, and it was in the context of him filming another one right then and there, just after filming had wrapped.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    edited September 2016
    Cant believe people on here still take that comment (which was out of context) seriously.

Mendes has even explained it since with DC on video
    Instagram - bondclothes007
This discussion has been closed.