Your story ideas for Bond 25

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    It baffles me how some members think that the eventuelt at the end of SPECTRE severely limits the option for later movies. How?

Madeleine not only survivor the movie, but also is still in Bond's arms. Just like one Bond girl in nearly every Bond movie in the past - I wonder how they can get out of that one? :v

Bond resigned. Well, that's happened before too. Unneccesary, yes. But It shouldn't be a bigger problem for the scriptwritets than it was the first few times he did it.

Blofeld is arrested. He can stay there forever or be used again when ever the plot needs him in a future movie. He can escape. SPECTRE can blackmail the UK/MI6 to get him out. A traitor can get him out. A brainwashed MI6-agent (use the unused plot from TMWTGG) can help him escape etc.

Blofeld is Bond's foster brother? Probably not a great idea, but not really a big problem for future scriptwriters. If Blofeld is forgotten in jail there is no problem. If he gets out they may mention the link in a line or two, but they don't have to make a great song and dance about it if they don't want to.

There are lot of directions to go after SPECTRE and no need for a great re-boot.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Firstly the foster Brother thing was just F*CKING AWFUL, a complete a*rse wipe of an idea that
    Should have been rejected on day one ! X-(
    As for the rest I agree with Number24 ( much as it pains me to do so ) ;) Plenty of Bond films have
    Ended with Bond heading off to the sunset with a " major babe" , only to start his next adventure with
    A new one. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    +1. Worse than F*CKING AWFUL, it was completely unnecessary and simply lazy writing.

If one film can leave Bond weeping over his dead bride while the next has Moneypenny making jokes at him about an engagement ring, then quietly having Madeleine doing a disappearing act is no problem.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Quite right Barbel, it's practically a bond formula.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    +1. Worse than F*CKING AWFUL, it was completely unnecessary and simply lazy writing.

+ 2 Terrible writing error. Cringeworthy
    As for Madeleine, well I somewhat agree. However the character is not dead like Tracey and Vesper, she is very much alive, and she isn't just a routine romance, like those 2 aforementioned ladies, she is supposed to be a proper love interest of his, so much so that he quits the service for her. If Daniel was replaced then it won't be an issue. But if he returns and is most likely to do so, him just starting off again like she or his retirement never happened will be very noticeable. With Diamonds they got away with it because it was a different actor. If it was Lazenby in Diamonds and they did the same I am willing to bett that it would stick out far more. I do think the writers need to tread carefully with the next film.
    I don't think most of the audience will notice or care if Madeleine is never seen or heard from again. Remember that when Bond 25 hits the cinemas it will be at least 3-4 years since last they saw her. Not to mention that most people are used to Bond being a womanizer.

Yes, the foster brother idea was bad. But as mentioned above there is no need to dig into into into that aspect again, since they milked that relationship in SPECTRE.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    Yeah I really don't see the problem with Madeleine not appearing again. Would break tradition to have her appear!!!

We def need Felix back for the next one and leave SPECTRE alone for a while, leave the whole Blofeld thing for a fair amount of time to forget the brother mess. Maybe in time (3 films plus) have him break out and ignore the relationship with a new Bond.

I would only like to see the Shatterhand thing if DC returns, however I think DC having Blofeld in another one might be a bit risky - it would have to be REALLY good and I'm not sure it can be as the whole SPECTRE / CR / QoS / Skyfall villain linkup was too forced and already stale. I think another film linked to all DCs past films might be a total disaster. I would not like DC to tarnish his Bond legacy any further since the foster brother angle.

Whatever happens I hope they take advantage of the beautiful locations in the next film! Austria and Morocco were a bit of a waste in my opinion and apart from a few milli-second shots they might as well just pretended and stayed in Pinewood studios.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I don't think most of the audience will notice or care if Madeleine is never seen or heard from again. Remember that when Bond 25 hits the cinemas it will be at least 3-4 years since last they saw her. Not to mention that most people are used to Bond being a womanizer.

Are they? Today's Bond audience is not used to women disappearing. A large part of today's Bond audience is not familiar with Bond pre-Craig. People expect loose ends to be tied up. Bond and Madeleine are actually important to each other. She's not just some girl he picked up on the beach. The film treated this as a more serious relationship than the traditional Bond relationship, and based on the way Craig's films have gone they will most likely give us a resolution to the relationship in the next film if Craig comes back.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I have to agree that Craig has (up to a point) broken the tradition of the womanizing Bond, and some of the younger audinces only know his Bond. But I don't think many of them remember that Bond left the service for Madeleine and few expect her to return. The only Bond girl in Craig's tenkte who has returned is VesperMelograno, and she only returned as a photo. Many other movie heroes often change their leading lady/female companion from one move to the next (Ethan Hunt, Jack Reacher) and not even those who have only seen Bond movies from the last eleven years have a high expectation of his love interest from SPECTRE to return. Movie audiences are in short very much used to women disapearing from movie to movie. The unusual and surprisingly move would be to let her return, not to forget about her.
    I think the only people losing their minds over this are the Fans ! :D
    I doubt the average movie fan couldn't care less, they just want a fun
    Night out, with a good film.
    After all Indiana Jones, always got a different leading lady , same with
    Most action/ thriller characters.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Just film that garden of death and I'll be happy
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Jarvio wrote:

There's been a lot of talk on the forums about Blofeld, the garden of death, Shatterhand, and other You Only Live Twice (book) ideas being adapted for Bond 25. This would be an interesting way to go, and I am a fan of the novel, but i'm curious as to how people on here think it should be adapted for the next film.

The garden of death is quite a strange idea in itself and i'm wondering how that would translate to the screen today if you did it verbatim
    The Japanese really have a different views of suicide than us Westerners and there really is a forrest near Mount Fuji that attracts many suicide candidates. This happens so often the authorities combat the forrest every year to find the dead. So a garden of death as described by Fleming isn't as far-fetched as it may seem.
    IMO the garden of death story can be followed up to a point. Obviously Blofeld has to get out of prison first.
    The garden should be in southeren Japan. Just like in the novel Blofeld has gathered poisonous plants and critters there. The palace could be a mix of locations, sets and CGI. I don't think Bond should lose his memory at the end.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Revolver66 wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:
    The garden of death is quite a strange idea in itself and i'm wondering how that would translate to the screen today if you did it verbatim

It is indeed strange, which is probably why I like it. It stands out.

I think it would be ok and easy to translate it to the big screen. It's not dissimilar to the 2016 film "The Forest" - although that film wasn't popular with most, but I myself liked it.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    I would like to see James Bond in Hawaii or back in Las Vegas. I also like James Bond in the Asian/Oriental cities.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    I thought the ultimate twist would be the Olivia Mansfield was actually James Bonds adopted mother. Would explain the close relationship (keeping it in the family). But also the name James Bond is actually an 'agent assumed name' and not Bonds real one (nee Mansfield). To make his back story plausible in daily spying life his life story has to be both real and created. Real. Parents did die in an accident, he was orphan told in Skyfall Lodge, was adopted and had a step brother (who is Blofield). Their mum left when they were young as she worked in Government. But he (Blofield) was so focused on revenge he actually (though not planned via Silva) arranged the killing of his own mum (accidentally) at Skyfall 'M'.

Bond breaks this to Blofield in prison - so enraged he escapes promising revenge, bye bye Ms Swann more pain for Bond, to a back drop of SPECTRE political manipulation of global political election results empowering the masses country by country and threatening the establishment - the rest is TBC but leading across Asia and the Middle East.

But as this would be DCs last outing introduce the new spook who will take on the 007 and James Bond mantra. Current Bond (DC) selects and guides him through his first 2 kills to get 00 status but Mallory gets bumped along the way and Bond takes over as M because his adopted name was Michael Mansfield.

Purvis and Wade I am open to offers if you need a hand :D

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    God, I hope you're joking! (if you are: we have a dedicated thread named "Exeedingly accurate and incredibly true rumours about Bond25") The worst thing about it is that it could actually happen, given the trend of making everything personal and about Bond's past :#
    edited March 2017
    Well it's safer linking to his past than to world events as they did in the past. But I thought added a flame to upset Blofield more than he is already, links in SPECTRE being active in his absence with world events and intrigue. Also introduces the new dude (selection and qualification) but allows DC to move into a more senior role and stay with the franchise in a less physical role as I think he is good for it as a whole.

Also want to see more of the DB10 as well to use it only once would be a travesty

Or he could retire with Ms Swann and his replacement gets wasted so he has to return to bring order then takes on M role. Plenty of ex SAS types lining up to rejoin and fight terrorism so why not former SIS as well.

Still it was just a thought

First of all: The plot should never be linked to the day-to-day events of the present world, because it quickly dates the movie. Using broad trends in society such as drug smugling or the dependence on oil is a good thing, but one should be careful. But that's no excuse to make everyone in the Bond movies related and linked to Bond's childhod. What you're suggesting is closer to Austin Powers than Ian Fleming. I think Bond should take a break from exploring his past and focus on the missions. I don't want to be to harsh and I hope you don't take this personally. We're both both Bond fans and we speak up when it comes to Bond. That in mind I say that yours is a very bad idea and I suggest you pick up the novel "From Russia with love" and remind yourself what Bond is all about. :007)
    edited March 2017
    Don't get me wrong I enjoy a good mission I think his military side has been massively underplayed since Brosnan was in a Commanders uniform many years ago. He is supposed to be ex SBS/RN with a shed load of Balkans and other operational experience and I think that has some mileage be it Planes, Trains or Automobiles.

I don't think linking to modern day events dates a film too much after all Dalton was in Afghan and Brosnan fought with a media mogul based on a certain person at the timeme for sure. I also think events on the world stage are certainly as good as any fiction. Russian spies being murdered in London, Russia sabre rattling and interfering (seemingly) in world events and we
    What the hell throw in Brext, fall of he EU and US elections and you could not make it up. Like I said plenty of ammo :D

But the guess in a more opaque world who can you have as his nemesis other than his past. Having burned through a lot if Flemings material you can use if as reference but this could be about 'moving Bond on' as it were.

No offence taken all debate is good debate on here :D

We're just two Bond fans discussing the movies. Bond movies should address the mood and worries of the time, but not be linken to spesific news. I think we are roughly in agreement there. What we disagree on is making Bond family with more cast members and digging further into his past. I think this has been done too much and not too little while DC has been 007.
    We could end up with everyone at MI6 related, as in the scene from " Hot Shots" :D
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I never did like the "James Bond" as code name idea and I still don't. When James Bond returns, whether embodied by Daniel Craig or someone else, he should be the same Agent 007 that appears in the previous Bond adventures.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    ^ I agree, that theory just doesn't work at all, I think Bond44 is taking the p+ss with his post, at least I hope so.
    I hope so too. The main backer of the Code name theory in recent years directed DAD and will probably never be let near a Bond movie set again. Horrible idea!
    It's a crazy theory and one I just don't get......at all.
    It has so many holes in it.
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    I wish we could get back to the days when each Bond film could stand alone, where you didn't necessarily have to see the previous film to fully appreciate the one you had just seen. It seems the story writers are giving themselves unnecessary headaches creating a continuous story (not to mention Bond's back story and shock step brother) which could possibly end up in a creative dead end.
    I can appreciate that film fans would enjoy delving deeper into Bond's past but I personally don't think this has been handled too well.
    For me its time to rethink the strategy. I would be happy if the next film makes no reference to Madeleine or even Blofeld and has Bond on a mission that has absolutely no connection to his past whatsoever.
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    ^
    Now we totally agree on that {[]