" Aye, I can see .......
    ..... Perhaps you should lower the hem of your kilt ?"

:D :D :D
    Number24 wrote:

Wait a minute - what did you say about Joshua's skirt? :o

:)) :)) :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Interesting setup tonight in Brussels.

Theresa May is there to ask for an extension. To get that all 27 others must approve.

Knowing that she won‘t pull a Hard Brexit and that her parliament would stop her with that, the EU could force her to withdrawing article 50 if they where as evil and mean like some here say by simply refusing to agree.

So, she‘s totally at their mercy and let‘s see how that plays out.

Playing Hardball would be forcing her to pull article 50 back.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    As I said, mockery does not bother me. It is an issue only for the thin skinned.

No skirting of issues just no point in rising to the bate of questions that have already been answered.

I DO NOT WEAR SKIRTS! I AM FROM A WARRIOR TRIBE! I DO NOT HAVE NICE ENOUGH KNEES!
    The one good point here is I am getting plenty of practice with my writing. Perhaps soon people will be able to understand me! 8-)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    As I said, mockery does not bother me. It is an issue only for the thin skinned.

No skirting of issues just no point in rising to the bate of questions that have already been answered.

I DO NOT WEAR SKIRTS! I AM FROM A WARRIOR TRIBE! I DO NOT HAVE NICE ENOUGH KNEES!

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Such heated debates {[]
    Firstly in the interest of Keeping the peace, I apologise for any offence I may have given, or
    any Insults perceive to have come from me......... Mea culpa. My only excuse is Being Irish,
    I have hot Blood and can go in to attack mode too quickly, unlike our more Northern europeans.
    We're not called the fighting Irish for nothing. ;)
    Although for some this can possibly be an unemotional debate, but This is my counrty, so I'm
    passionate about it, and my passions can sometimes get the better of me. Now to Brexit :#

I feel hurt and betrayed, at having my vote and those of others simply dismissed. All sides
    voted on Good Faith, that faith or trust in government is now gone. We have Mrs May possibly
    the worst PM we've ever had, leading over the worst government we've had, the most ineffective
    opposition and a usless bunch of sh1ts sitting in parliament.
    I can now only hope that at the next election, changes are made, if we keep voting for these
    Public school toffs, we'll keep getting the same bunch of usless sh*ts.
    Brexit is Dead, and gone. We possibly will leave but only in a Face saving sense, we shall be
    remaining.
    That's about it, I'm not happy, but we are where we are.

:)) Your writing is better than Mine Joshua, apparently I use too Many CaPtIaLs at times :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I have beautiful knees, ..... all three of them ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    You are the Irish Scaramanga?
    My Dancing is superb !
    edited April 2019
    Such heated debates {[]
    Firstly in the interest of Keeping the peace, I apologise for any offence I may have given, or
    any Insults perceive to have come from me......... Mea culpa. My only excuse is Being Irish,
    I have hot Blood and can go in to attack mode too quickly, unlike our more Northern europeans.
    We're not called the fighting Irish for nothing. ;)
    Although for some this can possibly be an unemotional debate, but This is my counrty, so I'm
    passionate about it, and my passions can sometimes get the better of me. Now to Brexit :#

Nothing wrong about defending your own country by constantly insulting at least 27 others and various people here for being undemocratic and dictatorship just because they don‘t share your views 8-)

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    My Dancing is superb !

What, even better than Mrs May's dancing, TP?! Surely you jest! Time for a dance off! :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited April 2019
    Her "Robot" is much better than mine.

I wasn't including you in that statement Higgins, you must have an
    inflated opinion of yourself. 8-)
    My sister says I have the best legs in the family, and she hasn't even seen me in a skirt :D
    Her "Robot" is much better than mine.

I wasn't including you in that statement Higgins, you must have an
    inflated opinion of yourself. 8-)

I did not feel included.
    I have told you, that I don‘t take your posts seriously at all

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    It's a Bond quote, Higgins, unless it didn't make it to the German dub.
    I am watching the 007 movies in the original language ;)

We have Mrs May possibly
    the worst PM we've ever had, leading over the worst government we've had, the most ineffective
    opposition and a useless bunch of sh1ts sitting in parliament.

I'm not disputing most of that except to say that it's not strong enough, being an insult to a useless bunch of shits. I am very far from being a Conservative- I worked for literally decades in the NHS, which should be self-explanatory (don't start me)- but I do believe that Mrs May has been dealt a poor hand of cards and has struggled to play with them against all odds despite the best efforts (which have been pretty poor) of not only her opposition, as is to be expected, but her own team as well.
    Higgins wrote:
    I am watching the 007 movies in the original language ;)

Excellent! Some of the jokes don't carry over, but that's for another thread.
    I think one thing that perhaps we can all agree is that this Brexit mess is the making of the British politicians.

Never blame the people for voting, never blame them for listening to promises, never blame them for delivering a verdict. Blame those who set the UK on this path and even though they set the ball rolling, had no intention to follow it through. The MPs lack skill, honour and guts. It is little wonder that the UK is facing a crisis of faith and trust.
    {[] Totally agree.
    {[] a bunch of tossers, the lot of them.
    trek.jpg
    Yes, why don't we just get rid of a these lousy elected politicians?

AP9362969181-e1432661821970.jpg
    You get rid of lousy elected politicians who stood to be elected on specific promises and replace them with elected politicians who are honourable enough to stand on their word.

The real problem which I think we will witness in the coming months is the fact that the people will turn away from the usual parties who they do not believe any more and to people like UKIP and others. They will be released into the EU parliament to enact the frustration of the British. It will be good for nobody.
    We just need better politicians N24 ;)
    That's the obvious thing to do. I just felt the anti-politician talk was getting a bit too intense for a while.
    Good night, both of you
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Talking of dictators, it was the late Lord Hailsham who referred to the UK parliamentary system as an "elective dictatorship."

If The Times front page is anything to go by a majority of people in the UK favour a new strong man leader to see us through the next stage of EU negotiations after the perceived weakness of Mrs May's leadership.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    That would be The Times, formerly edited by William Rees-Mogg, father of Jacob? I wonder who they'd have in mind.
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    That would be The Times, formerly edited by William Rees-Mogg, father of Jacob? I wonder who they'd have in mind.

I have to say that I do really enjoy watching the Moggfather in action when he's debating things in Parliament - especially his recent mini-spat with the drunk Anna Soubry. His use of latin on occasions certainly makes me chuckle.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Ens007 wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

I have to say that I do really enjoy watching the Moggfather in action when he's debating things in Parliament - especially his recent mini-spat with the drunk Anna Soubry. His use of latin on occasions certainly makes me chuckle.

I like him, he's an extremely intelligent politician, while I don't share many of his ideals, he always comes accross well, never flustered, well researched and very statesman like, if people could get away from his background and wealth they may admit more politicians should be like this aswell as standing by there principles. You should watch the link I put up with him slowly taking Verhofstadt apart piece by piece. Here it is again just for entertainment purposes
    https://youtu.be/I4w7W-rduZ8
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
This discussion has been closed.