We are up to 44
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Baby steps, apparently.
  • CPRCPR SpainPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    Paid. Now we are up to 45.
    Sorry for the delay
    Sometimes old ways are the best
  • RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    Moving slowly, but in the right direction :)
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Thanks CPR! Still waiting on these people who would put us over 50!

FRGNAFFAIRS
    gooner
    MrE
    Gold_Bond
    mb1101
    Cherokee12
  • BroccoliBroccoli Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    CPR wrote:
    Paid. Now we are up to 45.
    Sorry for the delay
    Appropriate name for this project. ;)
    I'd be curious to know how many people from JBL and from David's vlog on TBE haven't authorized payment yet.

Perhaps another social media push is needed.
  • Sorry to disappoint you mouse, but I'm not dead.

I ran into some unforseen financial situations. Luigi has been kind enough to resend the order forms to me. And I should be able to send payment this week.

Speaking of which, I've chosen to make a sacrifice. I'll be listing my new John varvatos suede racer in size medium for sale. It is from the original run. And I'm only asking for the original retail price, not the new price of $890 but of $798.

It is brand new unworn and still has the tags.
    If anyone wants this jacket, just know your purchase will go towards us being one step closer to making this project happen. Thanks.

And sorry for the delay.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Mr E

I would suggest you put the JV in its own dedicated for sale thread - more chance of it being seen etc
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Will do
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    so we need 4 more now.
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    I'm happy to order a second one if it pushes it over the line. I think someone else made the same offer
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    I'm happy to order a second one if it pushes it over the line. I think someone else made the same offer
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    I wasn't going to do this, as I have the money coming in within a week or two, but it seems like we have the chance to end this sooner. If anyone is on the fence about buying two because of holding up the funds, I can offer a quick turnover. My money is coming in the form of my tax return and I am getting $3400. Also, the wife has approved the purchase, as she understands the exclusivity. I have a good standing in the community and assure you I would not back out.

it is possible that the tax return could take longer than 2 weeks, so that would be the only risk. Additionally, I would probably need a 42 (if available) or a 44. Those are hard sizes to sell if something did happen that I couldn't pay, so I just wanted to be upfront about that. We just moved and my wife just started back working after taking a year off to take care of the kid, so that is why I don't have the money at the moment. Together, we make more than twice the price of the jacket biweekly, so getting the money up one way or another wouldn't be very hard over the next month. I can also easily generate $1000 a month through overtime.

I really didn't want to do this, and feel quite shameful doing so, but I really don't want to miss out on this jacket and I just thought I would make the offer to help us get over 50, just in case someone was on the fence about buying 2. Interested parties PM me. I don't mean any disrespect to this project by my post and I hope I have not offended anybody.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    What's the price again ?
    €1990 (€1631.15 minus VAT) plus shipping.
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    I've watched DZ's vlog, read all the pages, potentially interested but need to calculate final bill. Is anyone else in Australia ordering and had a postage quote?
    From Luigi's email:
    Shipping costs will be:

- EU destinations: 70 euro hanged in vertical box and 40 euro folded in box (no hanger and covers)
    - NON EU destinations: 110 euro hanged in vertical box and 60 euro folded in box (no hanger and covers)

The jacket's cost for Australia is €1631,15. So add either 60 or 110 Euro to that.

I'll leave it to you to figure out exchange rate, foreign currency fees, and customs.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    but keep in mind that you will be subject of the Australia Sales Tax on top.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Thanks guys, that's correct, another 10% GST (VAT) charged against whatever it is over the $1000 threshold so about another $130 AUD. will do some sole searching this evening and see how I go. By the way a massive congrats to Simon on persistence with this so far. amazing job.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Al-most there.....
    We are currently at 46 paid (was 47 but someone just cancelled) so we just need 4 more, still waiting on:

FRGNAFFAIRS
    gooner
    MrE
    Gold_Bond
    mb1101
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Almost-There-Red-Leader.gif
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    :)) stay on target...stay on target!
    edited February 2017
    We are currently at 46 paid (was 47 but someone just cancelled) so we just need 4 more, still waiting on:

FRGNAFFAIRS
    gooner
    MrE
    Gold_Bond
    mb1101

3 from JBL and 4 from TBE went radio silent.
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    I have to email Luigi to change my credit card. My bank is sending me a new one. but im still in.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    You lot need to change banks. My bank send me a new card at least a month before the old one expires.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    You lot need to change banks. My bank send me a new card at least a month before the old one expires.

Sounds like his card was either lost or compromised, so a new one is needed.
    sruzgar wrote:

FRGNAFFAIRS
    gooner
    MrE
    Gold_Bond
    mb1101

3 from JBL and 4 from TBE went radio silent.

46 and counting. Talk about a nail biter.
  • I hate to put this big of a purchase on my credit card,
    That's why I'm trying to sell some things and purchase
    This jacket the old-fashioned way...

But the truth is I have no interest in backing out now.

If we get to 49, I'll bite the bullet and put it on my credit card.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Mr. E,

not sure, but won't be the CCs be charged when the item is being shipped?
    So, it won't be charged until we have 50 paying people here.

Sounds to me more like an excuse - some days ago you've told us a totally different story.
    MrE wrote:
    I have my new debit card as of now, and the only reason I have not sent payment info is because I'm debating with myself if I can go in for two jackets to get us closer to 50.

If I send payment info and my requested size does that finalize it? Or will I be able to add to my order and increase the quantity later on? Thanks Simon.

...and another one:
    MrE wrote:
    I have to resend payment info, because my original debit card is dead.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!