New Bond figure collectibles from Big Chief Studios

Comments

• Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I had a loom at Big Chief's site a while ago when they anmounced they are starting a range based on the Supermarionation series, starting with Thunderbirds and Scarlet. - Prices at over £200 pop mean they are hopelessly out of reach for me from the off, regardless the quality.
    Bond looks alright, Oddjob is very good. Goldfinger needs more fibre. (Due respect to Mr Frobe!)
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Wow, I thought the same exact thing!
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    ggl007 wrote:

Thank you for posting....Bond, Constipated Bond! It also looks like Auric is also trying to squeeze one out! :o
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    At £209 each I don't think i'll trouble myself with these - not brilliant sculpts and I'll settle for my Sideshow Goldfinger Bond and Oddjob which cost me sub £30!

I may pick one or two up (from the future releases) dependent on the quality and my need for such a figurine, but I'm not going to slavishly buy the set (for once!)
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    I may pick one or two up (from the future releases) dependent on the quality and my need for such a figurine, but I'm not going to slavishly buy the set (for once!)

My thoughts exactly - Oddjob I might purchase, but a so so Bond and Goldfinger at £209.99 each - no thanks.
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Thank you for posting....Bond, Constipated Bond! It also looks like Auric is also trying to squeeze one out! :o
    :o "Constipated"? Do you listen to our Archivo 007 podcasts?? :o
    MRSP £209.99 each

Sorry, what "MRSP" means? Is this price official?

150292167904025965ba89728b54d971.jpg

PGYG0Mi.png

cETjyfW.png

kCsU7cb.png
    Manufacturers Reccommended Selling Price and yes it is official
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    :# Oh dear. They're not very good are they.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Um... I have a problem. I like this Bond rendition. I might purchase it. What's wrong with me, my fellows??????
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    It's because they are putting themselves in 'Hot Toys' territory, but the product is not much better than Sideshow. For that price, we expect a lot more detail and better clothing now. Third party manufacturers have done better for just under half of that price.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Um... I have a problem. I like this Bond rendition. I might purchase it. What's wrong with me, my fellows??????

Nothing IMHO. The Connery sculpt and clothing, down to hand in pocket is cool (although it drives me bonkers when Craig does it without putting his thumb outside the slacks).
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,224MI6 Agent
    I would be expecting a lot more than this for £209 each. I had a look on their website and everything looks overpriced and substandard. It appears that the licence fees are very heavy and that reflects on the price. The Action Man and Sideshow figures look just as good and a whole lot better value.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Ive collected 1/6 scale figures for years and years.. I would agree that the price is just really high on these.. but then again.. Thats pretty much ALL licensed 1/6 figures these days.. Hot Toys kinda set the standard on pricing and all of the others followed suit.. Sideshow Toys as well.. I will say though that at least the tailoring on the clothing here looks better than the Sideshow figures.. That's a plus.. I'm most curious to pick up loose pieces from these releases from dealers who break down 1/6 offerings and build some customs.. I'd like to get ahold of the Connery head sculpt at least and build a custom Dr. No figure..
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Mfisher can you post pics of your figures hehe
    so until now what is th ebest daniel craig figure, would like one for my glass cabinet - DC figure next to a Aston Die cast and a omega watch looks cool!
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I've never bought 1/6 figures, though I've been tempted with some of them (some Star Wars ones come to mind). I did have the chance to closely inspect some of Sideshow's JB offerings (mainly the PB era ones) and didn't like them, mainly due to clothing. These new ones seem well-made clothing wise, and as for SC's "constipated" visage, I think they were inspired by the "I must be dreaming" scene when meeting Pussy Galore - what with the unkempt facial hair and all. Should I finally go for it I'll let you guys know how I feel about the actual product in hand...

On an aside note, today I'm wearing for the first time my new Sinclair sharkskin conduit suit (Goldfinger inspired), so that may be tipping me over the fence on this. Not too impartial I'm afraid.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    I would've manufactured Zorin first as Walken is more known than Frobe , makes sence biz wise imo -{
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Action figures aren't a specialty of mine, however, when I see people paying over 200 pounds for head sculpts of a Bond only, I wonder how these are overpriced. As mentioned above, the licensing fees are tough (as are manufacturing and shipping, even when outsourced from Asia).
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,224MI6 Agent
    Action figures aren't a specialty of mine, however, when I see people paying over 200 pounds for head sculpts of a Bond only, I wonder how these are overpriced. As mentioned above, the licensing fees are tough (as are manufacturing and shipping, even when outsourced from Asia).

It's a question of supply and demand. Collectables always find their own level, if a product is not selling then the manufacturer will reduce prices by holding a "sale". If the product sells out then the second hand market becomes active and big profits can be made. It depends on what anyone is prepared to pay for a particular item. I sold many books for what I consider to be eye watering prices in my career as a second hand bookseller and I can honestly say there is no way on Earth I would have shelled out hundreds and sometimes thousands of pounds on a book.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    I must confess as a collectible piece or indeed pieces these are starting to appear more attractive especially with this latest posting. It is a shame they are not a larger size :(

Again thank you for posting -{
    186A9D61-D183-4E91-A9E6-8E1AC043BDAA_zpszwwuwwgj.jpeg

Who knew? I always thought Delta 9 was disguised as Crop Insecticide when all the time you could just pop down to .........

D1B2F720-7F14-4CC8-8EC7-8EC3BAD58FA3_zpsnbuxgzgl.jpg

And now, the real thing ........

image_zps2ba35c87.jpg

Think someone at Big Chief needs a new Blu Ray player, or they could just ask those that know!
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    186A9D61-D183-4E91-A9E6-8E1AC043BDAA_zpszwwuwwgj.jpeg

Who knew? I always thought Delta 9 was disguised as Crop Insecticide when all the time you could just pop down to .........

D1B2F720-7F14-4CC8-8EC7-8EC3BAD58FA3_zpsnbuxgzgl.jpg

And now, the real thing ........

image_zps2ba35c87.jpg

Think someone at Big Chief needs a new Blu Ray player, or they could just ask those that know!

Bond could have bribed Odd Job to switch sides with a trip to IHOP. "Now, Odd Job, how about a plate of Rooty Tooty Fresh ‘N Fruity? Grunt twice if you accept." :))
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Who goes to the International House Of Prayer before dropping a nerve agent? That's just wrong:

http://www.ihopkc.org/
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Really digging on Bond's Submariner! Neato! Goldfinger and Oddjob also have watches as accessories. Might have to add to my Bond action figure collection.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Right now the website offers a choice of "Limited Edition" or "First Edition." Any clue what the difference is (the description mentions only the limited)?
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    The first editions have extras, like, a silenced PPK for the Bond figure. Odd Job is an extra hat with steel brim, I can't remember what extra GF has sorry. -{
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    The first editions have extras, like, a silenced PPK for the Bond figure. Odd Job is an extra hat with steel brim, I can't remember what extra GF has sorry. -{

Gloves and a cap I think...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    First Edition set ordered, seems to be some teething problems on the website regarding order confirmation and discount application, but have spoken to them directly and my order is confirmed {[]