FRWL boiled egg

always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
I may have mentioned once or twice :D that I went to Gran Canary the other week ,and read FRWL . Well I was intrigued by Bonds boiled eggs 8-) . .We know they are fresh eggs from one of Mays country friends ,and I would assume they are not kept in the fridge either . So armed with Jersey butter from Waitrose :p ,and whole meal bread for toast off I went . I waited for the water to boil first ,then using a ladle ,I lowered both eggs (from Sainsburys) and we don't keep our eggs in the fridge too. and counted off the 3 and a third mins on my Omega PO (QOS model) and waited in great anticipation of the perfect egg .My toast was now done ,buttered ,and cut into soldiers ,no mention of soldiers in FRWL :)) . 1st egg now loaded into Wedgewood egg cup ,it was an old Peter rabbit one from when the kids were well kids . I bashed no ones head in ,and sliced of the top cap to reveal the golden yolk .A sprinkle of salt ,again no mention in FRWL ,but I do like salt on my boiled egg ,or as they say in Golden eye, Jamaica , me boiled hegg , :D . Now the first soldier went in , the yolk stuck to it like glue ,so far so good , Now at the bottom of the shell was what I and many others called snot ,not so good :# . Egg number 2 was the same ,so my 3 1/3 rd min egg not that good . Now , does any body know /tried this , Did Bond put the pointed end of his egg in the egg cup first or the fat end ? .I will try again but I will bump the time up to 4 mins .
By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,489MI6 Agent
    Leave the egg to stand for a couple of minutes when you pull it out of the water as they continue to cook in the shell and the snot won't appear :D Remember that May uses bantam eggs which are small.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the reply ASP9MM ,I did reckon on the egg still cooking once I had transferred it from saucepan to cup then to garden ,
    (its still warm here in costa del London :D ) but I didn't know ,and thank you for that piece of info ,that Bonds eggs are smaller than your high street egg , .This is what I like about AJB ,even a small subject such as a boiled egg ,can throw up a good pice of intell :)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    This is why I prefer scrambled lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    This is why I prefer scrambled lol

any one have any idea how Bonds scrambled eggs were prepared ? they obviously didn't have micro wave ovens then , so
    in a saucepan it would be , any ideas any one
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Recipe for Scrambled Eggs ‘James Bond’ from 007 in New York

For four individualists:

12 fresh eggs

Salt and pepper

5-6 oz. of fresh butter.

Break the eggs into a bowl. Beat thoroughly with a fork and season well. In a small copper (or heavy bottomed saucepan) melt four oz. of the butter. When melted, pour in the eggs and cook over a very low heat, whisking continuously with a small egg whisk.

While the eggs are slightly more moist than you would wish for eating, remove the pan from heat, add rest of butter and continue whisking for half a minute, adding the while finely chopped chives or fines herbes. Serve on hot buttered toast in individual copper dishes (for appearance only) with pink champagne (Taittinger) and low music.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I'm going to have to disagree with Bond on this one ... always add a splash of milk to the eggs and salt and pepper ;)

And AS, ASP is right about the size of the egg ... makes all the difference. Size does matter :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Poor chicken .... must have had a fling with an Ostrich or something :))
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    I don't know about you lot but I am feeling hungry all of a sudden :))
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Okay, here is how I do it and get no snot...

Eggs into pan of cold water.
    Bring water to boil.
    When water starts to rolling boil, set timer.
    3 mins 20 secs later - remove eggs.

Point down in egg cup, slice end off.

Eat.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I had q branch resolve this issue for me

I used to put eggs I cold water, three minutes then like IanT point down in egg cup. The eggs were perfect once toast had popped up in the toaster.
    Now I swear by one of these gadgets.

Screenshot_20161024_120413.png
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,060MI6 Agent
    I may have mentioned once or twice :D that I went to Gran Canary the other week ,and read FRWL . Well I was intrigued by Bonds boiled eggs 8-) . .We know they are fresh eggs from one of Mays country friends ,and I would assume they are not kept in the fridge either . So armed with Jersey butter from Waitrose :p ,and whole meal bread for toast off I went . I waited for the water to boil first ,then using a ladle ,I lowered both eggs (from Sainsburys) and we don't keep our eggs in the fridge too. and counted off the 3 and a third mins on my Omega PO (QOS model) and waited in great anticipation of the perfect egg .My toast was now done ,buttered ,and cut into soldiers ,no mention of soldiers in FRWL :)) . 1st egg now loaded into Wedgewood egg cup ,it was an old Peter rabbit one from when the kids were well kids . I bashed no ones head in ,and sliced of the top cap to reveal the golden yolk .A sprinkle of salt ,again no mention in FRWL ,but I do like salt on my boiled egg ,or as they say in Golden eye, Jamaica , me boiled hegg , :D . Now the first soldier went in , the yolk stuck to it like glue ,so far so good , Now at the bottom of the shell was what I and many others called snot ,not so good :# . Egg number 2 was the same ,so my 3 1/3 rd min egg not that good . Now , does any body know /tried this , Did Bond put the pointed end of his egg in the egg cup first or the fat end ? .I will try again but I will bump the time up to 4 mins .

Bonds boiled eggs follow the directions set in French culinary classic; Larousse Gastronomique, first published in 1938. You have to keep in mind that hens eggs were markedly smaller in those days, so in order to get exactly same results you will have to compensate for the size difference, or find very small (for modern standard) organic eggs. Also; it is possible that Bonds eggs are laid in cold water and timed from the moment the water boils. I don't have my Larousse handy right now, so I'm not quite sure which way the 3min20sek timing was meant to work.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I found the perfect way to do an egg is also the simplest and easiest;

Get the wife to do it. :D
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    Isn't putting the eggs in cold water and bringing them to a boil called "coddled eggs"?
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
    Another poser ,do we know if Bonds toast was ,toasted under a gas or electric grill ? or in an electric toaster , I would assume May did this .