Coolest Brosnan Moments

124»

Comments

• JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I started watching Bond movies during the break after Dalton. I think I’d liked all actors in equal measure by then, though even then my favourite was OHMSS, long before it became fashionable to say so. But I admit that when Brosnan became Bond I thought it was a mistake, and didn’t enjoy his movies as much as the older ones. It was only when Craig was announced as Bond when my opinion of Brosnan improved, to the point that they are real classics to me now, and I see him as being in the same league as his predecessors. Will I ever warm up to Craig’s Bond in the same way? Somehow I doubt it.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    With the very uneven Bond era we are living through and another four year gap in the works, the Brosnan era will soon be viewed upon much better by the die hard fans. The general audience always loved and embraced him and still do.

It doesn't matter that DAD is viewed as one of the least good Bond films. Same happened to Connery with DAF and Moore with TMWTGG or AVTAK.
    Craig has his low point too with QOS which is in the same league as DAD, DAF or AVTAK concerning popularity.

TND is for me the "coolest" Brosnan film. Just because he commands the screen in about every second he's on. Just watch how he rules the PTS even with all the action around him. And it certainly doesn't stop there.

His interaction with Michelle Yeoh is also fantatsic. Wonderful on screen chemistry and she is his equal which is great. Love Brosnan's reaction to Wai Lin, for instance in the newspaper factory when he spots her walking down the wall :D
    Dalton Rulez™
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    His interaction with Michelle Yeoh is also fantatsic. Wonderful on screen chemistry and she is his equal which is great. Love Brosnan's reaction to Wai Lin, for instance in the newspaper factory when he spots her walking down the wall 

Sorry but I find it mostly lame - in the same zone (but not as bad) as DAD's female chemistry. It isn't there!
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    From a nostalgic point of view, yes, those who grew up with Brozzer will always view him to be better, as their Bond.
    Die-hards recognise Brozzer's films as being quite good on their own right but you shouldn't forget that Craig has many fans all around the world and CR, SF and SP were all huge successes and there are many people on here who consider these to be some of the finest films in the series (I'd concur with the exception of SF). I don't see how Brozzer would suddenly blow up in reputation with today's audiences as most of them care about today's Bond and the chances that one might watch an older film are pretty thin if it didn't show up on tele (which, I'm sure some people don't even watch TV as they used to).
    a reasonable rate of return
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    From a nostalgic point of view, yes, those who grew up with Brozzer will always view him to be better, as their Bond.
    Die-hards recognise Brozzer's films as being quite good on their own right but you shouldn't forget that Craig has many fans all around the world and CR, SF and SP were all huge successes and there are many people on here who consider these to be some of the finest films in the series (I'd concur with the exception of SF). I don't see how Brozzer would suddenly blow up in reputation with today's audiences as most of them care about today's Bond and the chances that one might watch an older film are pretty thin if it didn't show up on tele (which, I'm sure some people don't even watch TV as they used to).

Agreed.

Funnily enough despite the decline in traditional TV here, one channel played TSWLM (in time with Roger's death) and then played GE to SF. The ratings were pretty good (for TV now levels) and a heap of people (knowing I'm a Bond fan) told me they watched it. Most of the said things like "GE/TND is the best Bond."
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."