Merry Christmas and 2016 ajb review

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I think we were all more patient then, I remember my exciting building for octopussy as a young boy, everyday whilst eating my breakfast cereal I would read and read the cereal packet with octopussy and James bond stills on it. Those cereal packets were around for weeks before the film came out.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,336Chief of Staff
    Speaking as an even older, not incredibly handsome Bond fan who can also remember a time before T'nternet, the length of time between films is growing increasingly ridiculous.
    This doesn't just apply in the Bond world. The most obvious example is Harrison Ford, whose most iconic and successful roles have had decades between reprises!

Indiana Jones: 19 years between Crusade and Skull, maybe 10 years after that till the next one.
    Han Solo: 32 years between Jedi and Awakens
    Rick Decker: 34 years (possibly) between 1 and 2.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Back in those days, I was member ( 00101 ) of The James Bond British Fan Club
    And depended on the official magazine, to get any little snippets of news......... I do
    Absolutely agree that the wait between films is getting freaking unbelievable.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    If you're a marvel, dc, will Smith or now a star wars fan you're OK, they churn loads out. Indiana Jones seemed years apart as a boy as did bond. At the lotr was made continuously and released on consecutive years.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,336Chief of Staff
    Too true.
    Ok, I'm old and I remember when film series (before that dreaded word franchise took hold) came out regularly, ie a year or maybe two apart. In Bond terms, this meant that Sean Connery didn't look that much different between (say) FRWL and GF or that Roger Moore looked the same in LALD and TMWTGG. If Daniel Craig does play 007 again, he'll be over 50 and inevitably won't look like he did in CR or QoS. No reflection on him, it's just that the inordinate amount of time between films these days means the cast age more perceptibly than they used to.
    I thought the last bunch of superhero/Star Trek movies fell below par. While I thought
    For the most part Eon, were able to keep a high standard up for decades.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Barbel wrote:
    Too true.
    Ok, I'm old and I remember when film series (before that dreaded word franchise took hold) came out regularly, ie a year or maybe two apart. In Bond terms, this meant that Sean Connery didn't look that much different between (say) FRWL and GF or that Roger Moore looked the same in LALD and TMWTGG. If Daniel Craig does play 007 again, he'll be over 50 and inevitably won't look like he did in CR or QoS. No reflection on him, it's just that the inordinate amount of time between films these days means the cast age more perceptibly than they used to.
    This is true, but with the beauty of a full box set all the bonds bar td and gl obviously, look aged when you watch out of sync. Dr no to YOLT and the great sir Roger definitely looked a bit jaded in avtak but he averaged a film every 2 years and watched in sequence he ages very well.
    I thought the last bunch of superhero/Star Trek movies fell below par. While I thought
    For the most part Eon, were able to keep a high standard up for decades.
    They are mostly blue screen and CGI. I watched both batman vs superman recenyly and suicide squad. batman v superman was incoherent! and suicide squad was just garbage except margot Robbie in shorts..... Which was lovely :D
    Agreed, I found both those films boring, the only saving grace was Ben Affleck as
    Batman, as I first thought he was going to be terrible, but I thought he played. An older,
    World weary bat very well.
    I didn't mind Ben affleck at all, just the whole film was tripe. Have you seen " how it should have ended " on YouTube? Very funny.
    I've watched the film three times, including the extended cut, ....... And still am none the wiser. :D
    Have a look at this, maybe not your cup of tea but I find them hilarious. https://youtu.be/pTuyfQ5CR4Q
    :)) :)) :)) " I'm thinking Reboot "
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Maybe Disney should buy Eon. {:)

Given how moribund the Star Wars series was, once they bought the rights and invested time (and good Directors!) onto the project, they are now turning out great Star Wars films again... -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I see Disney are making a follow up to Mary Poppins ( I'm not expecting anything good )
    It will be great to hear Dick van Dyke's "cockney" accent again :D
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Merry Christmas everyone - and thanks for all the thought-provoking, funny, controversial, witty, educational, occasionally irritating, but above all warm and welcoming conversations over the past year. I enjoyed meeting some of you this year, and I hope to go do again. But even if we don't meet, I cherish being part of this brilliant forum with other like-minded Bond fans. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I see Disney are making a follow up to Mary Poppins ( I'm not expecting anything good )
    It will be great to hear Dick van Dyke's "cockney" accent again :D

I watched 'Saving Mr Banks' the other night.Made me cry ... there is nothing I dislike about Mary Poppins ...NOTHING
  • Jameskenpo71Jameskenpo71 Great BritainPosts: 35MI6 Agent
    Merry Christmas 2016 to all my AJB friends .....I wish you only the very best and a prosperous New Year, -{ -{ -{ -{
    Kindest Regards,
    James
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Merry Christmas everyone {[] I hope that fat bastard bought you everything you could want, even green trainers, if that is your thing :D

All the best for 2017 {[]
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Merry Christmas everyone! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Merry Christmas!!! {[]
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Have you heard the story Lady Rose, that Dick van Dyke, thought he was doing a great
    Cockney accent as no-one on set said anything. Later Julie Andrews said in an interview
    That she and others didn't want to say anything to him, as he was putting so much effort
    Working on it. :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Today I'd like to wish a Merry Christmas for people in the UK and all the former colonies :D
    And a Merry Christmas to all our European neighbours, we may be leaving you, but
    Hopefully we can stay friends. :D
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    You never left us, because we never joined the EU :D
    :)) Sensible Norwegians
    Very very merry Christmas to you all -{ -{ may your day be merry and bright and full of cheer. {[]
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    A very merry Christmas to all my AJB brothers and sisters ,where ever you are around the world ,I wish you and your families all the very very best for 2017 ,and a special thank you to all service personal regardless of which country you defend for keeping us all safe .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Happy Christmas everyone! -{
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?