FS: TF Greene Planet suit

AKVAKV Posts: 125MI6 Agent
I'm selling a few used items below - all prices are in USD and all are OBO. Shipping is included within Australia, will post internationally at cost.

Midnight Blue Quantum of Solace Greene Planet Party Suit - Size 44/54 - $900

Price updated - just looking to get back what most of what I paid for it.

An exceedingly rare and gorgeous suit. Purchased from another member on AJB; unfortunately, it is too large for me and I prefer it to go someone keen who would require less drastic alterations. Hanger not included.

As you can see from subsequent posts, this suit was made from the same fabric as the original, but from a yarn from a different season. It still has all the SA details and for all intents and purposes looks the same in terms of colour as the original.

Free shipping within Australia - happy to cover part of shipping overseas, depending on location.

Features:

Basic Base B (Regency)
3-roll-2 jacket with notch lapels
Barchetta breast pocket
Ticket pocket on right hand side of the jacket
Dual vents
Five working buttons on each jacket cuff
Side adjusters on the trousers
100% wool (midnight blue colour)

Measurements:

Chest: 42"
Shoulder: 18"
Length: 30"
Sleeve: 32"

Waist: 34" (2 inches to let out)
Rise: 13"
Inseam: 31" (just over 2.75 inches to let out)
Leg Opening: 16"

See DZ's video blog for more information: http://thebondexperience.com/bond-videos/tom-ford-quantum-suiting/

IMG_8657.jpg
IMG_8658.jpg
IMG_8659.jpg
IMG_8660.jpg
IMG_8661.jpg
IMG_8662.jpg
IMG_8663.jpg

Tom Ford Markos - SOLD

Magnoli Cufflinks - SOLD

Sunspel Riviera Polo; light grey - SOLD

image.jpg
image.jpg

Comments

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    PM sent
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • AKVAKV Posts: 125MI6 Agent
    PM replied
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Pm'd
    M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    All PMs responded to
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Just did business with AKV purchasing the Spectre Matchless Jacet. He is a man of his word and is upfront about the condition of his pieces. It was a pleasuring doing business with him. I would recommend buying from him any day of the week. :007)
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    Just did business with AKV purchasing the Spectre Matchless Jacet. He is a man of his word and is upfront about the condition of his pieces. It was a pleasuring doing business with him. I would recommend buying from him any day of the week. :007)

Cheers, mate!
    edited December 2016
    Sunspel and (all) cufflinks sold
    Price drop + new items added
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    I'll take all the magnoli ties!
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    I have a box for the cuflinks, message me if interested. I lost the links
    Original post updated to reflect sold items and further price drops
    SPECTRE Morocco tie added + a couple of further price drops -{
  • MrIceGuyMrIceGuy AUSTRALIAPosts: 114MI6 Agent
    Pm'd
    Replied to all PMs!
    Further price drops + TF Midnight Blue dinner suit + TF QoS Greene Planet Party suit added!
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Good luck with sale. Great pricing and that tuxedo is awesome! -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Is it poss to confirm that is def the Greene Party suit or just similar? How was this confirmed?

Reason I ask is codes look a bit diff then the one DZ has (search back a few years and he uploaded his label)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited January 2017
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Is it poss to confirm that is def the Greene Party suit or just similar? How was this confirmed?

Reason I ask is codes look a bit diff then the one DZ has (search back a few years and he uploaded his label)

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

The member I purchased this off told me this suit's label matched DZ's - I will definitely check this and confirm when I found out. I'll also contact the member I purchased the suit from to ensure that I'm not inadvertently misleading members. I've withdrawn this suit from sale temporarily pending confirmation.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    It was offered to me directly by the original seller too... Bit of trading going on perhaps. I declined and then it came to you
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    edited January 2017
    I've captured a still of David's Bond Experience video and it does appear that there are slight differences between his suit label and the one I was offering here.

I have contacted the original seller to seek an explanation - as a member of this community, I'd like to think it was sold it in good faith, but for now have withdrawn this item from sale pending his reply. I would be mortified to think that I may have mislead another member in a sale, whether it was my intention or not - if I inadvertently perpetuated the on-sale of dubious items, I would hold myself as just as culpable as the original seller. That being said, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and look forward to his reply.

Depending on the veracity of this discrepancy between the labels - and in light of the recent furore on the eBay thread - this is a good cautionary tale for sellers/buyers out there; I'm proud to be part of an online community where members look out for each other. -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Hopefully its just a minor variation

Yes indeed some members lately are jumping the gun a lot (im not sure if intentionally or by mistake) and keep misrepresenting items. This is doing a lot of bad then good in my opinion for people unaware of the details who might pull the trigger. The eBay thread has had all sort lately from suits labelled as SPECTRE PTS to other items.

People around here need to do some careful research before posting links.

Hopefully if the suit advertised here is indeed not SA and was wrongly advertised as SA etc then they will do the decent thing and refund the money back to the OP

Fingers crossed it is the correct one however I only flagged this up as I noticed it was close to my size and a suit im greatly interested in. Feel guilty as do not want to wreck anybodys sale thread
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Hopefully its just a minor variation

Yes indeed some members lately are jumping the gun a lot (im not sure if intentionally or by mistake) and keep misrepresenting items. This is doing a lot of bad then good in my opinion for people unaware of the details who might pull the trigger. The eBay thread has had all sort lately from suits labelled as SPECTRE PTS to other items.

People around here need to do some careful research before posting links.

Hopefully if the suit advertised here is indeed not SA and was wrongly advertised as SA etc then they will do the decent thing and refund the money back to the OP

Fingers crossed it is the correct one however I only flagged this up as I noticed it was close to my size and a suit im greatly interested in. Feel guilty as do not want to wreck anybodys sale thread

Nothing to feel guilty about - I'd rather miss out on a sale than misrepresent an item!*

* if that truly is the case - benefit of the doubt to the original seller for now
    You have a PM.
    edited January 2017
    Untitled2.png

Should put all minds to rest regarding this suit. This was indeed researched and verified before I pulled the trigger on this suit. Going as far as to contact DZ which I received "Sounds like you have a winner."

I will PM the above members who seem to be skeptical of my posts, etc. instead of further derailing this gentleman's thread.

Good luck with your sale -{

Best,
    Stefan
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    This is a conundrum, out of interest, when the man at TF says the fabric is made at a different time, from different yarns so 'might' appear different... is that still SA or not?
    Thank you, Stefan, for those details and for your PM with DZ's message. I'm glad we were able to get to the bottom of this and can all breathe a bit easier now. I apologise if I inadvertently caused anyone to doubt your reputation as a seller on this thread - as you can see in my above posts, that was clearly not my intention (stated I'll give the original seller the benefit of the doubt until I heard from him).

Back on topic - it's a bloody nice suit, which should be purchased by someone it fits! Looking to get back what I paid for it
    Prices updated - will throw in TF Markos or TF black tie with the purchase of the QoS Greene Planet Suit
    Thro
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    PM sent
    All PMs responded to, thanks
This discussion has been closed.