HUGE score on welshboy's part

2»

Comments

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I was very lucky!! Told a few guys here the story!

In a nutshell on the 27th December I was off to the cinema and my mate was late picking me up. I was waiting on the curb outside my house waiting for him to turn up etc so bored I whacked out my phone and surfed the net and boom there was the jacket!!! I rushed inside to fire up the laptop and dig out the credit card and ended up being late for the movie :D

So glad my mate was late otherwise I prob would have missed it

Well they do say - Everything happens for a reason!

Congrats looks great enjoy

Cheers
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,330MI6 Agent
    Wow! Congrats, Welshboy!
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    Congrats! Glad a Bond fan got it!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    It's amazing that after all these years items like this can still pop up in great condition! Congratulations Welshboy -{
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    xactly

What a Fins Wlsh! Enjoy - must feel even better with the story of how you got it after all this time
    I recently got the skyfall AT after 4 years of hunting, it feels extra special knowing the effort behind it hehe
    JTM wrote:
    It's amazing that after all these years items like this can still pop up in great condition! Congratulations Welshboy -{
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    That's a great looking jacket - and a good fit...congratulations on managing to get it -{
    YNWA 97
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Looks fantastic.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Congrats Paul! I'm glad you could find this extremely rare item in your size and that you could fill this gap in your collection in the end. Looks great on you. {[]
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    {[] Congratulations!! {[]
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Brilliant, just brilliant! It's been a long and winding road. Well done, sir, well done...
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Nice one welshie , what a result -{
    Thanks for ruining my weekend now , as I want this jacket even more than I first did :))
    congrats
    007 reporting for duty
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cheers guys!!! Thankfully this one fits this time!!!

After the first one (size 54) was rather tight etc I thought my chance for this jacket was over and I was not sure if a size 56 even existed!!

Here are some quick (poor) pics, excuse the dirty mirror, I must discipline my butler!

IMG_4589.JPG

IMG_4580.JPG

IMG_4585.JPG

Amazing! Looks so cool on! Think this jacket above all is my holy grail...

Congrats bigfulla {[]
    Fantastic
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    A great jacket and a great price! Congrats Welshboy!

Perhaps being a bit slow on the uptake here, but did you get the 20% off too?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    edited January 2017
    Perhaps being a bit slow on the uptake here, but did you get the 20% off too?

Yes I did! However only half way thru checking out did I remember there was a 20% code at the top of the page hence I was furiously clicking the back button etc This resulted in a mess and starting all over again and I panicked thinking somebody else might swipe it!!

I calmed down when I remembered that once added to the cart you have 15-20 mins to check out as the item goes on temp hold :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Haha - great! Just makes the purchase all the more memorable!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".