ROYALE Filmwear Quantum Haiti Jacket 2017

Comments

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Hey Guys,

Just a quick update... They're finished, I'm hoping to receive them all by Monday. If I have received them by Monday, I will endeavour to make them available by the end of the week. The last few jackets I have released on a Saturday, but as luck would have it, I have a super-busy weekend next weekend, so I may make them available late next week, so I can process the majority of initial orders before the weekend and have them shipped off by Friday. To those who have waited a very long time for this one, never fear, I have bumped production numbers up a bit so I would be very surprised to see any of the sizes sell out as quickly as they have in the past. So sorry for the delay on this one I did expect them to be available a bit sooner than this...

In regards to the Quantum Cardigan status I'll update that over on that thread now.

Anyone who has expressed interest in the Haiti via subscribe@royalefilmwear.com will receive the sizing table a couple of days before it's released.

Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-{

Dan.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Haiti jacket. It's the one jacket I've been eager to get my hands on.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    edited March 2017
    OK, received a small and a medium in of these...really great details and materials BTW. These pictures are pretty rushed so forgive, but will give you a sense of sizing...I am a size 40 with a 31 inch waist. The pictures WITH the sunglasses are the MEDIUM, and the ones without are the SMALL....

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

image.jpg

image.png

image.png

image.jpg

haiti.jpg
  • DarkliteDarklite Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    OK, received a small and a medium in of these...really great details and materials BTW. These pictures are pretty rushed so forgive, but will give you a sense of sizing...I am a size 40 with a 31 inch waist. The pictures WITH the sunglasses are the MEDIUM, and the ones without are the SMALL....

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

image.jpg

image.png

image.png

image.jpg

haiti.jpg

Interesting. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference in the two sizes. Except maybe in the arms. Or is it just a trick of the pictures? Which would you say is the best fit? How does the small feel when zipped up? What is the size comparison like between this and the latest run of Harrington?
    Thanks
    I've been waiting for this jacket since I missed the first offering on it. I look forward to your review David and answering Darklite's questions.
    The small fits more like a shirt/jacket on me...I should have steamed these before the pics but the review will have them steamed. The wrinkles throw things off....the body is similar in length, maybe slightly longer in the medium. When zipped up the medium fits well on me and adds room in the shoulders. Sleeves are obviously longer in medium but if I button the closer sleeve button that problem gets fixed. So, shoulders and sleeves are the biggest differences in size....would depend if you want the jacket to hug the chest and shoulder more like this pic:

image.jpg
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Hey David,

Would you say it fits like the Harrington? If not bigger or smaller?

Best,
    Stefan
    I think you can't go wrong by sizing as you did with the harrington...
  • jbholstersjbholsters Posts: 179MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    Ugh! I don't know what to do. I was measuring jackets for an hour last night trying to figure out what size to order. My chest is just over 40" right now, and I wear 32' Levi's. I'm 5'11", 180lb, and athletic. Help!! Some jackets I have it looked like i should order the medium and some large. now Mantis puts pics of the small up that looks like it might fit too. I'd rather go with a slim look but I would also like to be able to move my arms. Looks as though sleeves will need shortened for me
    I would go with the medium with your build...!
    Thank you Mantis. Just want to make sure shoulders are good. I can take the jacket to my tailor about an hour away to have the rest fitted.
    Now to find the Harrington jacket
  • DarkliteDarklite Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    The small fits more like a shirt/jacket on me...I should have steamed these before the pics but the review will have them steamed. The wrinkles throw things off....the body is similar in length, maybe slightly longer in the medium. When zipped up the medium fits well on me and adds room in the shoulders. Sleeves are obviously longer in medium but if I button the closer sleeve button that problem gets fixed. So, shoulders and sleeves are the biggest differences in size....would depend if you want the jacket to hug the chest and shoulder more like this pic:

image.jpg

Cheers bro
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    jbholsters wrote:
    Yes please. Dan... :007)
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Hi Guys,

Firstly, thanks a bunch David for chiming in with sizing, it's always such a great help and very appreciated.

As shown in the sizing table, on the whole these have come in possibly half a size larger than the recent Harrington jacket as indicated by the ‘chest size guide’. I will elaborate by saying - through the body, they are very close to the harrington, but a little more forgiving through the shoulders, partly due to slightly larger arm holes as the sleeve pitch is not quite as steep as the harrington, but the specs are very similar to the harrington through the body. I have also listed them as a half size larger partly because of the more forgiving fabric. As mentioned in the sizing table comments, the shoulder measurement should be the primary consideration as everything else can be tailored down if necessary. Also, the sleeves are more accommodating in this one than the last couple of jackets, but for a simple fix the lower sleeve can be pulled in easily by relocating the button. The long cuff slit will naturally accommodate this, without any bunching for a tailored fit at the cuff. I would say that most people who are happy with the fit of the other recent jackets should really stick with their current sizing, there is slightly more room in the shoulders, but otherwise the fit through the body is about the same. I will send out these sizing comments and any other advice I may be able to offer when these become available in approximately 8hrs and 20min... haha

PS: New pics and sizing table are already on the storefront....

-{

Dan.

3_Side.jpg
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Looks like the fit of the Y-3 in QoS varied by the scene. Not surprising really.
    Cajun wrote:
    jbholsters wrote:

I'm all for a Version 4 of the Harrington if Dan is willing to try and replicate the minimally-lined interior of the QoS Harrington as well.
  • MrIceGuyMrIceGuy AUSTRALIAPosts: 114MI6 Agent
    So if im a large in the original run of the peacoat and Harrington would you recomend a large in this?
    Absolutely.
    MrIceGuy wrote:
    So if im a large in the original run of the peacoat and Harrington would you recomend a large in this?
    Thanks David.
    MrIceGuy wrote:

Hey Dustin,

The sizing of the first pea coat production was about a size larger I believe, we've done 5 production runs of the harrington now and they have all had their subtle differences... but in general the sizing as it is now is about a size smaller than it used to be which was done to try and get it more in line with conventional sizing. I would say your best bet is to measure up your harrington and compare as these are more comparable to the Haiti than the pea coat...

Hope that helps mate and as you're in Oz I'm sure we can get it sorted promptly if the XL isn't right.

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    Thanks dan. Wouldent be the first time you have helped me out!!! Top notch service. Will check out the sizes and place my order. Cant wait as this is the only product of yours i do not have will be looking fowared to adding another jacket this autumn!!! Keep up the good work -{
    MrIceGuy wrote:

Hey Dustin,

The sizing of the first pea coat production was about a size larger I believe, we've done 5 production runs of the harrington now and they have all had their subtle differences... but in general the sizing as it is now is about a size smaller than it used to be which was done to try and get it more in line with conventional sizing. I would say your best bet is to measure up your harrington and compare as these are more comparable to the Haiti than the pea coat...

Hope that helps mate and as you're in Oz I'm sure we can get it sorted promptly if the XL isn't right.

-{

Dan.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    And BOUGHT :)
    MFisher wrote:
    And BOUGHT :)

Dustin, Michael... where would I be without the support from gentlemen such as yourselves? Both of you have been with me since the beginning and have most of what I've offered.

Many thanks {[]

Nightmare getting all my notifications out this time for some reason, blew out my email sending limits... :s It's all witchcraft to me, I'm a vinyl record kinda guy stuck in a digital world....

Dan.
    Order placed! Thanks again Dan for all your hard work. -{
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    So Dan, which of these two do you feel like you're going to wear — the small or the medium?
    The Mantis wrote:

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

image.jpg

image.png

image.png

image.jpg

haiti.jpg
    I haven't decided yet....I want to steam them first, then I will do the vlog review and make the choice...leaning to the medium right now.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    I have the Harrington in an XL and just ordered the Haiti in the same size. I am a 44" chest and was tempted to go down a size looking for a more fitted look. I have always liked that the Y-3 seems almost like an over shirt in certain shots. But, as Dan Love says, a tailor can always nip and tuck a jacket.

Here's hoping I made the right choice...
    Cheverian wrote:
    I have the Harrington in an XL and just ordered the Haiti in the same size. I am a 44" chest and was tempted to go down a size looking for a more fitted look. I have always liked that the Y-3 seems almost like an over shirt in certain shots. But, as Dan Love says, a tailor can always nip and tuck a jacket.

Here's hoping I made the right choice...

I have the Harrington in a XXL and ordered the Haiti in the same size as per Dan's recommendation.

I'm a 45" chest but my shoulders are 21". Harrington is snug but not tight and the Haiti is about a 1/2 size bigger so this should fit me quite well.
  • RayneRayne Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Hi Dan,

I would technically be a size M, but have over 26 inch arms. Is this an easy jacket to modify? Do any of them happen to have longer arms from a production error?
    Found one on here right after I posted that comment!!
    Cajun wrote:
    jbholsters wrote:
  • PaleKingPaleKing Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    Rayne wrote:
    Hi Dan,

I would technically be a size M, but have over 26 inch arms. Is this an easy jacket to modify? Do any of them happen to have longer arms from a production error?

I have exactly the same problem - Medium build, 26"+ arms. If someone could offer some advice on our best option it would be greatly appreciated :D
    I always knew death would wear a familiar face...