Walther PPK

Comments

• ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Tada!

The obviously DID do a shiny version, although this one looks rather battered and scratched up.

7D549F4B-938A-47B9-BAB7-76DA183C6656_zpsui8vsham.jpg
    That's a ladies gun, and not a nice lady at that!

Not according to ASP & Minigeff, the Ladies Gun was a Beretta 418 where this is clearly...NOT! :D
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Has one never been used in a title sequence? Ive read about the coated one in your book, but for some reason I have a recollection of a nickel or ss one elsewhere in a title sequence? Maybe a Mandela memory effect.

I thought the same thing, then it hit me

james_bond_007_the_duel_usa.png
  • Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    They did a stainless and aluminium (duralumin) version. Last of Zellas manufacture, or early Manhurin using the old tooling. Very rare and with no serial numbers. Whether it was a dropped experimental design, or issued is open to debate. But they did make them.

I would like to see evidence of the use of SS in either ZM or Ulm produced PP series pistol. I know all about the Lichtmetal version. It used a carbon steel slide.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    BCFDRay wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Has one never been used in a title sequence? Ive read about the coated one in your book, but for some reason I have a recollection of a nickel or ss one elsewhere in a title sequence? Maybe a Mandela memory effect.

I thought the same thing, then it hit me

james_bond_007_the_duel_usa.png

Nice try...gold plated Walther PP -{
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Bond has never used a Ranger manufactured SS PPK in any movie, and Walther Germany does not manufacture SS firearms. Ever.
    Here's another walther firearm made in Germany that is stainless
    Screenshot_20170124_205416.png

And another

Screenshot_20170124_203922.png
    The very last walther pp known as the last ditch were also produced without blueing

The P88 PAK is not a firearm and chrome or nickel plating is not stainless steel.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Collecting PPK's and other rare combat handguns was a passion of mine before Bond as they were part of my career for a few of the best years of my life. I've got loads of rare PPK models from factory SD to military issued ones. The Stainless Zella was a grail of mine for some years. I know they made them and I know it has a SS slide. I've got one...

IMG_3897_zpswt19gcwt.jpg

IMG_3896_zpshfdzcgpy.jpg
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Looks like electroless nickel to me. But I will take your word for it.

I have nothing on paper in my Walther library that mentions one word of a SS pistol having been produced, even as a prototype or experimental.

I think Dieter Marschall would be quite interested in this example of yours. Does he know this is in your collection? If not, he posts regularly on the Walther forum for which I know you are a member.
    It's not nickel. I thought it was and put it on the laser to test the composition. It was pretty scratched when it was first obtained some years back and was bead blasted to clean it up. It's also been deactivated for public display and it's solid SS. My other passion is collecting SOE memoribilia and it came from an SOE operative along with other rare ordnance. He also had a PPK with a slide lock on it, which was presumably to improve its function suppressed. No serial number or any proof marks at all on either of them.
    Higgins (surprisingly given his anti gun posts) has a few contacts high up in the Walther hierarchy, so whe I get around to it I may get him to check things out further. But The Royal Armouries seem to be aware of this variant as they have a few PPK anomalies in their collection too.
    I was never aware there actually variants of the PPK. There's a gun show coming up early next month here and i'll be keeping an eye out. Any tell tale signs I should look out for?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Heres some helpful reading.... :o

6C48690C-AA7D-4EAE-A8CA-E85598881EBE_zpspolnoqmr.jpg
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    edited January 2017
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Bond has never used a Ranger manufactured SS PPK in any movie, and Walther Germany does not manufacture SS firearms. Ever.

And another

The very last walther pp known as the last ditch were also produced without blueing

The P88 PAK is not a firearm and chrome or nickel plating is not stainless steel.
    That p88 pak is classed as a section 1 firearm under UK laws.
    Also the ccp has a stainless derivative which is manufactured in Germany.
    Simple fact is your statement is incorrect I'm afraid old boy.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for your information Asp.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

And another

In the US it's just a gas gun and is not considered a firearm. The CCP is manufactured by Umarex in Arnsberg, not Walther, Ulm. Walther, the real Walther, does not make a stainless steel pistol.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Higgins (surprisingly given his anti gun posts) has a few contacts high up in the Walther hierarchy, so whe I get around to it I may get him to check things out further. But The Royal Armouries seem to be aware of this variant as they have a few PPK anomalies in their collection too.

I'll not stress my long-built friendships for such a nonsense... 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    I want Bond's Baretta (Beretta!) for my next gun. Love it! Fun to shoot, easily concealed. Not sure I'll remove the grips, add tape and a silencer, though!
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
    Chriscoop wrote:

In the US it's just a gas gun and is not considered a firearm. The CCP is manufactured by Umarex in Arnsberg, not Walther, Ulm. Walther, the real Walther, does not make a stainless steel pistol.

20170125_170458.jpg
    Of course, there are cooler stainless things than PPK's...

IMG_3901_zpsib5ni0v1.jpg

IMG_3900_zpsks8juox9.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Ah the venerable asp {[]
    How widely used by the government were these in its 20 odd year manufacturing run?

I also thought stainless suited the Beretta 92 better.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Of course, there are cooler stainless things than PPK's...

IMG_3901_zpsib5ni0v1.jpg

IMG_3900_zpsks8juox9.jpg

Cool as f**k -{
    YNWA 97
  • Agent007_1Agent007_1 Posts: 137MI6 Agent
    I have one of the last S&W ones in .380

I also have one of the new ones in .22 with 007 in the serial number
    Agent007_1 wrote:
    I have one of the last S&W ones in .380

I also have one of the new ones in .22 with 007 in the serial number

007 in the serial number! That's very cool! Do you find the 22lr version is picky with ammunition? My 22 would jam every few rounds with bulk ammo but ran flawless with hotter loads like CCI Mini Mag, it inevitably led to me selling it.
    Air gun manufacturers should stick to building air guns and not firearms.
    Air gun manufacturers should stick to building air guns and not firearms.
    I think izhmekh and browning amongst others would disagree.
    And both were building firearms before ever building air guns.
    That is true, but both (and many more) do manufacture firearms that use air and cordite / black powder as propellants. So technically your sweeping statement is subjective. As this is also an international forum, in some countries air weapons over a certain fps muzzle velocity are classified as firearms and subject to firearms law and legislation and to own such a firearm you would need a firearms licence. There are also firearm manufacturers who modify cordite firing firearms into co2 powered weapons. These guns are also considered firearms as they are easily modified back into cordite powered guns. So your statement depends on your own definition of a firearm and tbe particular company you have issue with. Just as a side note in the UK firearms licenses are quite strictly enforced and can be revoked for many reasons one such reason would be a holder of a licence posting pictures of himself pointing guns at cameras, with this in mind and the fact I've seen the results of fatal shootings it may explain why you amd I struggle to agree on many things. I say this in a spirit of no animosity.
    I will agree with you about that.
    Not a single PPK or PPK/s at my local gun show this weekend, lots of Bersa Thunders, I did end up picking this up from one of the smaller tables
    20170204_145553.jpg
    New addition to the collection: 1939 Walther PPK in 32ACP

20170216_172937.jpg

20170216_172912_1.jpg
  • 007JB67007JB67 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

20170125_170458.jpg
    Since when has a blank fire pak weapon been under section 1 of UK gun law as it is for rifled long barreled weapons ie rifles.
    Blank weapons are unlicenced so long as they are in "Post Office Friendly" colours or in natural black if you can provide a defence agaist the VCR act. or so I'm lead to believe.