WTB Patterson thread

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Cant say im impressed by the look of the Wested "Layer Cake" jacket!

Must admit ive never looked at the story / history of the real Indy Jacket! Was the same jacket used in all 3 original films?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Well I'm not bothered about my jacket being a belstaff, it's the look and leather that concerns me. Ive got the wested morrocco and I'm delighted with it, though not worn it yet!! I've just bought the belstaff McQueen jacket in black so hopefully that will quell my black leather jacket thirst for a while...... As long as pics with dc in the Patterson stop cropping up, but I'll watch progress on the bk option with interest. -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cant say im impressed by the look of the Wested "Layer Cake" jacket!

Must admit ive never looked at the story / history of the real Indy Jacket! Was the same jacket used in all 3 original films?

Trust me you don't want to try read that particular story. You'll find many angry people claiming findings etc. That said the short answer is that Wested made the jacket for the first 3 films (but they were called Leather Concessionaires back then) and Tony Nowak made the jacket in the 4th film. All 4 are different jackets. Tony Nowak (RIP) was a master at his art and Lucasfilm gave him the original Indy jacket to learn from when making his one for the 4th film. He made a perfect copy of the Indy 1 jacket and that actual jacket found its way to Bill Kelso. The rest is history ...
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    I just had my XXXL arrive today and that is the TINIEST XXXL :))

Fits just fine, needs slight tailoring and a dyeing and I will be good to go.

I will post measurements later. -{

Best,
    Stefan
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Wondering if it's the XXXL I saw a while back. I thought it would be too small for me as a size 42/52.

Look forward to the dimensions.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Belstaffs sizing puts me off! I've had a h racer in the rubberised cotton in XXL, I'm no way an XXL sized man! These days I'd need an XXXL!!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I bought it on grailed.com and the guy listed it about 3 minutes before I bought it.

Funny thing is that I saw DC thread, posted asking about the jacket, saw the response from Paul, posted a WTB thread and the second site I looked at had it BNWTs.

Anyone know of a place that does a good job at dyeing leather jackets?

Best,
    Stefan
    Actually, I looked it over again with not such excited eyes :)) and this thing is a "bit" big for me.

Still on the prowl for a Large.

Best,
    Stefan
    Chances are you have the acid brown version that was more accessible. It's a much thicker leather and sizing is different to the summer versions too.
    DSC9824.jpg

DSC9825.jpg

DSC9829.jpg

DSC9830.jpg

DSC9831.jpg

DSC9832.jpg

DSC9833.jpg

DSC9834.jpg

DSC9835.jpg

DSC9841.jpg
    edited April 2017
    Having my tailored.

This thread can be closed -{

Best,
    Stefan
    http://www.vestiairecollective.com/men-clothing/jackets/belstaff/brown-leather-jacket-belstaff-3815859.shtml

Fantastic Belstaff Alternative to the Patterson available. The guy thinks its a Patterson, however the cuffs and the pockets in the front are different.

It is per what I have read on film jackets, the Jacob Jacket, pretty rare.

http://www.filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4000&start=15

Best,
    Stefan
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    Wouldn't let Magnoli anywhere near it. Only manufacturer that I'd trust this to is Bill Kelso. Their attention to period style jackets is amazing. I'd also consider lending one of my two Pattersons to them for them to copy. They have the finest leathers too. Could be worth a bulk run maybe, I'd be in for a black one.

Would people be interested in a quality copy of the Belstaff Patterson in Black I spoke with CRB and would be willing to send my original black one to them to copy so people get an accurate spot on copy?
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    Wouldn't let Magnoli anywhere near it. Only manufacturer that I'd trust this to is Bill Kelso. Their attention to period style jackets is amazing. I'd also consider lending one of my two Pattersons to them for them to copy. They have the finest leathers too. Could be worth a bulk run maybe, I'd be in for a black one.

Would people be interested in a quality copy of the Belstaff Patterson in Black I spoke with CRB and would be willing to send my original black one to them to copy so people get an accurate spot on copy?

I'd be interested depending on price.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • gakgonengakgonen PA, USAPosts: 32MI6 Agent
    Me as well. Do you think there is any chance Belstaff would make a limited run?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited April 2017
    CRB wrote:

I'd be interested depending on price.

Same here, depending on price. Definitely summer weight or lighter for me.
    gakgonen wrote:
    Me as well. Do you think there is any chance Belstaff would make a limited run?

No doubt it, Belstaff don't even return calls or reply to enquiries
    Belstaff wouldn't legally be allowed to rerun the Patterson due to acrimonious sale in 2012. Annoyingly ...
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    I am in for the run...would you be lending one of your pattersons to them for them to view/re create? Let me know if you need any help from my end...Lookin forward to this project!
    CRB wrote:
    Spoke to Bill Kelso about this actually - they think it will be very easy to do a run of these if enough people were on board with the project (5 I think). Btw they use excellent Italian leather not some crappy hides from Pakistan like some manufacturers I could mention !
    Sriram858 wrote:
    I am in for the run...would you be lending one of your pattersons to them for them to view/re create? Let me know if you need any help from my end...Lookin forward to this project!
    CRB wrote:
    Spoke to Bill Kelso about this actually - they think it will be very easy to do a run of these if enough people were on board with the project (5 I think). Btw they use excellent Italian leather not some crappy hides from Pakistan like some manufacturers I could mention !

Hi
    I spoke to CRB about this and I still have a black Patterson and am willing to loan it to them for reproduction purposes
    Ross
    Thanks Ross & CRB looking forward to this!
    Jared N has kindly offered his one seeing as its black and mines brown. If you're going to replicate it it would be best to use the black of course . At the moment Jared is testing to see who is interested. I've also taken the liberty to mention it in filmjackets as the Patterson was actually used in a film (Water for Elephants), but not in black.
    CRB, any update on this one? any feed back on the film jackets thread?
    Hi, it was never my intention to run the Patterson project (I have two already myself), but was making a good suggestion that someone run with it with BK. That said, BK would need a bit of interest before commencing (its not their usual business as usual item), perhaps 10 and I don't think I've seen that many people lodge an interest really.
    Let me start a new thread to gauge the interest level.... Jared & CR if you both can chime in once interest starts brewing that would be perfect...Thanks!
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Did this ever get started with an interest thread or with BK?
    Some bad issues at home so will hopefully have some more details soon
  • Count me out. Although the Patterson is a nice enough jacket, I could never get passed who
    the jacket is named after. That guy from twilight. That's almost as bad as being given a
    Porsche 911 turbo with the stipulation that you can only drive it as long as
    there's a Napa hat on the roof, or a dominos pizza sign.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Why would you think it's named after Robert Pattinson?

The name is close I'll give you that. ?:)
    MrE wrote:
    Count me out. Although the Patterson is a nice enough jacket, I could never get passed who
    the jacket is named after. That guy from twilight. That's almost as bad as being given a
    Porsche 911 turbo with the stipulation that you can only drive it as long as
    there's a Napa hat on the roof, or a dominos pizza sign.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    The link is because he wears the jacket in one of his films (brown version)
    Instagram - bondclothes007