Upcoming Auction and the DAD Blue Shirt

2»

Comments

• jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    One year later and the shirt surfaces again. Anyone with a spare couple thousand pounds who wants to purchase this and get copies made?

https://propstore.com/product/james-bond-die-another-day/lot-268-live-auction-2018-james-bonds-pierce-brosnan-floral-shirt/

DAD_Shirt_Front.jpg

DAD_Shirt_Back.jpg

DAD_Shirt_Front_Comparison.jpg

DAD_Shirt_Back_Comparison.jpg

This was sold as part of a large collection recently and sold for around 1200 or 1600 so knowing prop store auctions it will be £5-6000 now
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent

This was sold as part of a large collection recently and sold for around 1200 or 1600 so knowing prop store auctions it will be £5-6000 now

Already at £1500 now with the absentee bid. Whoever bought it at Astons last year may make a tidy profit.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent

Already at £1500 now with the absentee bid. Whoever bought it at Astons last year may make a tidy profit.

Even though it is currently @ £1500 you have to add 23% buyers premium plus vat on that premium which if my math is right currently totals £1,914.00 however if you are in the EU that £1500 is plus 23% buyers premium plus 20% vat on the hammer price which currently totals £2,145.00 so basically observe the rating symbols after the title of the item as the vat cross symbol means add 43% to your bid amount. Better to work it all out now rather than get a nasty shock at the end! Different symbols have different vat ratings -{
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    Thanks Donk, forgot about the buyer's premium. -{

No VAT for me, but then I won't be bidding so it's only a spectator sport for me.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    I was really interested in bidding on the shirt and some other items. Been in touch with the store manager from London throughout the last couple of days.

Am I right to assume (in case I am the winning bidder), I‘ll have to pay VAT (I live in the EU), a buyer‘s premium of 23% and another VAT on the buyer‘s premium in addition to the hammer price?

Wouldn‘t that be a complete ripoff?

Hope, solebody can clarify that for me.

Thanks.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    I was really interested in bidding on the shirt and some other items. Been in touch with the store manager from London throughout the last couple of days.

Am I right to assume (in case I am the winning bidder), I‘ll have to pay VAT (I live in the EU), a buyer‘s premium of 23% and another VAT on the buyer‘s premium in addition to the hammer price?

Thanks.

As previously stated. Propstore charge 23% buyers premium. If something is marked with an "M" you only pay VAT on the Buyers Premium. If something is marked with a cross "+" after the lot number you pay Propstore's 23% Buyers Premium plus 20% VAT on the hammer price and 20% VAT on the Buyers Premium.
    A couple of years back I purchased the Thunderball Tow Sled at their first auction which went for £20,000 however after Buyers Premium and VAT it was closer to £29,000. This is not a rip off as you call it, it is however one of the joys of being an EU CITIZEN! :(
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:

Thanks.

As previously stated. Propstore charge 23% buyers premium. If something is marked with an "M" you only pay VAT on the Buyers Premium. If something is marked with a cross "+" after the lot number you pay Propstore's 23% Buyers Premium plus 20% VAT on the hammer price and 20% VAT on the Buyers Premium.
    A couple of years back I purchased the Thunderball Tow Sled at their first auction which went for £20,000 however after Buyers Premium and VAT it was closer to £29,000. This is not a rip off as you call it, it is however one of the joys of being an EU CITIZEN! :(

Thanks for clarification, that certainly is a huge letdown :(
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    Check your local tax laws to see re: refunded VAT and etc.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!