Scaramanga's Golden Gun Replica (Colibri)

I was looking for one of the replica's of Scaramanga's golden gun that were for sale a few years ago and wondered if anyone had one for sale or knew where I could get one.

The one I'm looking for I think was a Limited edition from Factory Entertainment and it came in 4 parts with the Colibri lighter etc.
(https://www.amazon.co.uk/Factory-Entertainment-James-Bond-007/dp/B003TYZTPA)

Please PM
Many thanks

Comments

• BOFFERBOFFER Posts: 331MI6 Agent
    What is your budget ?
  • SN007SN007 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Hi Boffer. I have read some of the boards and note you seem extremely knowledgable in these so thanks for your help.

It's actually for my Brother who's an avid fan.
    Based on what I can work out in previous sales as far as I can make out, £1200 is about right,

Would that be right do you think?
    Simon
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    There was one on ebay the other day. Not sure if still there
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    yep that seems ok but the problem is that hardly anyone sells so prices goi sky high. currently one on at ebay at 1700 quid on ebay number 112494401671
    Thanks to both of you for mentioning the ebay auction. I'll take a look although £1700 sounds a bit heavy! :(
    Simon
    Im afraid to say the prices have gone up and up as less available
    That's true! The problem is that by the time I save enough to buy it- it will have gone up again! :#
    There is another on ebay at 1700.00 but its a dual signature edition.
    BOFFER wrote:
    Thanks Boffer. Funny that its like Buses; you wait for ages then 2 come along :))

Am I right in thinking that this 2nd one, is a rarer one and therefore worth more?
    Thanks
    Yup worth more and the one to have'
    Yep to be honest the dual signature edition is exactly the same gun and the only difference is the strip on the front of the display case and the authentication card, both of which tell you its a dual signature model. There were only around 400 of them issued so yes its rarer and more desirable and keenly priced. When they came out the dual signature model was only a few quid more than the standard but prices have rocketed from the days when they were around $300.00 to buy !!
    If you need any more info please feel free to mail me on luthorkram@Hotmail.co.uk or message me here. Good luck.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Forgot to mention that my other half met a chap yesterday who (he says) owns one of the 2 genuine screen used golden guns. You may know him. Frederico i think his name was? Seems pretty qualified. Any clues as to his identity, and if he is an afficionado?
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Forgot to mention that my other half met a chap yesterday who (he says) owns one of the 2 genuine screen used golden guns. You may know him. Frederico i think his name was? Seems pretty qualified. Any clues as to his identity, and if he is an afficionado?

Frederico is talking Bollocks, unless he has the one stolen from NY that was on display in1974 for the film and Colibri promotion.
    Hi. I'm still looking for one of these guns (Scaramanga's Golden Gun Replica (Colibri)). The one on ebay was a bit tatty for the money. I very serously looking if someone has a genuine one or know of one, please do let me know. I'm located at Watford herts and will travel to purchase (within reason!)
    Thanks
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    SN007 wrote:
    Hi. I'm still looking for one of these guns (Scaramanga's Golden Gun Replica (Colibri)). The one on ebay was a bit tatty for the money.

If you can hold out a bit longer, FE are due to re-issue the gun later this year.
    No details so far on whether it will be the same as originally released (some posts suggest it will be updated) but should be considerably less costly than what we're seeing in the after market.
    Two thoughts from me. Firstly, if you find a FE gun for sale I would buy it as they don't come along very often. If its tatty you can have it replated for a few hundred quid and negotiate that of the price if you can. Secondly, FE haven't confirmed that they are doing a new golden gun, there was talk of it but nothing confirmed. If they do, it wont be like the first one as that will devalue and annoy current gun owners, which FE have acknowledged. I wouldn't wait for them making a new one as it may never come. Good luck in your search.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    BOFFER wrote:
    Secondly, FE haven't confirmed that they are doing a new golden gun, there was talk of it but nothing confirmed. If they do, it wont be like the first one as that will devalue and annoy current gun owners, which FE have acknowledged.

If you watch Mantis' latest NYC Toy Fair interview with FE url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN_su0DHkX8&t=25s[/url @ about the 11:30 mark, FE representative Barry Eldridge emphatically says they will "cap off this early run" by "revisiting a certain golden weapon."

As I noted, I do wonder if they might somehow modify it from the original release but as he describes it, sounds like it might be a straight re-issue.
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    They promised a modification of some kind to make the first release unique, I expect a slight modification.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    That was the sense I was getting as well, Matt.....
    They promised a modification of some kind to make the first release unique, I expect a slight modification.
    I wont hold my breath, just in case.
  • HockyHocky Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    SN007 wrote:
    Hi. I'm still looking for one of these guns (Scaramanga's Golden Gun Replica (Colibri)). The one on ebay was a bit tatty for the money. I very serously looking if someone has a genuine one or know of one, please do let me know. I'm located at Watford herts and will travel to purchase (within reason!)
    Thanks
    I have one for sale on this site