WTB Billy Reid Bond Peacoat. Also LF sizing information

Im looking for either a size medium or a size large. Have to ask here since the taxes and duties fee on the Billy Reid website adds on 440 dollars... Also any comments about the sizing of this coat would be very much appreciated. Im usually a medium but heard that this jacket runs small and could therefore go for a large and just get it tailored a bit if needed. Im a 41inch chest and my shirts are 36inch in the arms. My waist is where there might be some problems. I have a size 30-31 waist and according to the Billy Reid size chart both medium and large would be too big in the waist. Medium being 34-35 and large being 34,5-35,5...

Comments

• OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Im looking for either a size medium or a size large. Have to ask here since the taxes and duties fee on the Billy Reid website adds on 440 dollars... Also any comments about the sizing of this coat would be very much appreciated. Im usually a medium but heard that this jacket runs small and could therefore go for a large and just get it tailored a bit if needed. Im a 41inch chest and my shirts are 36inch in the arms. My waist is where there might be some problems. I have a size 30-31 waist and according to the Billy Reid size chart both medium and large would be too big in the waist. Medium being 34-35 and large being 34,5-35,5...

With a 36 inch arm i think you will need a large
    They are a slim fit
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Agree
    Im 6.1 and 41 chest, 34 waist
    Ordered both L and M (original wool run) and whilst the M fitted chest and waist (snugly) it was too short in the arms by some way....
    Large gives room to layer with a JS Bobby and still looks tailored
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Hmmmmm, hate to be the counter-argument here but I would not go for anything bigger than a medium. You can also call BR and ask about the arm size details but I believe difference in medium and large sleeve length is not incredibly significant but body fit is...
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    OP can you get to anywhere that stocks BR? I had same dilemma S vs M and whilst on a trip to NY managed to try one on (did not have my size and colour combo in stock at the time). Then I knew for sure which size to get when I ordered remotely.

As always sizing is very subjective to each individual

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • WilliamrobertsonWilliamrobertson Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Hmmmmm, hate to be the counter-argument here but I would not go for anything bigger than a medium. You can also call BR and ask about the arm size details but I believe difference in medium and large sleeve length is not incredibly significant but body fit is...

What a dilemma. I expect it too be size medium (since I almost always wear medium) but according to Billy Reids size chart a medium would be just a tiny bit too small. The size on a medium is following:
    Chest: 38-40
    Waist: 32-34
    Sleeve: 34-35

So it seems to be just a bit under my measurements but perhaps this size chart isn't that true to reality as many size charts are.
    Im also only 18 years old so perhaps a large would be better considering that I probably still have some weight to gain. Im 6 feet tall and weigh about 176 pounds. What do you guys think?
    Bond44 wrote:
    OP can you get to anywhere that stocks BR? I had same dilemma S vs M and whilst on a trip to NY managed to try one on (did not have my size and colour combo in stock at the time). Then I knew for sure which size to get when I ordered remotely.

Live in Sweden and we have such poor selection of those kinds of clothes... Might be going to a few of the states later this year but I just fear that the peacoat will sell out before that. What size did you go for? Small or medium?
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Don't worry it won't sell out
    It's been readily available since skyfall
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Height is key too, medium on me was short in the body too
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:

Live in Sweden and we have such poor selection of those kinds of clothes... Might be going to a few of the states later this year but I just fear that the peacoat will sell out before that. What size did you go for? Small or medium?
    I ended up sizing up and going for a M as I have slightly longer arms than the average Joe of my shape and size

My take was you can size down something too big with a good tailor vs not if it was too small.

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    FWIW my measurements are similar to yours, I have a 33" waist and 43" chest. I thought I would've needed a medium, but after finding a large on sale nearby and the tax free weekend we have I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Once trying on the coat it is a perfect fit. I would not be concerned about your waist size and go with a large. I tried on the large while only wearing a button up shirt and it had plenty of room to fit over winter layers and was still a good enough fit to wear with just the shirt. I would think a medium would be far too small unless you were standing perfectly still and did not plan on doing anything that particular day.
    ZChauvin wrote:
    FWIW my measurements are similar to yours, I have a 33" waist and 43" chest. I thought I would've needed a medium, but after finding a large on sale nearby and the tax free weekend we have I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Once trying on the coat it is a perfect fit. I would not be concerned about your waist size and go with a large. I tried on the large while only wearing a button up shirt and it had plenty of room to fit over winter layers and was still a good enough fit to wear with just the shirt. I would think a medium would be far too small unless you were standing perfectly still and did not plan on doing anything that particular day.

Thanks for the great comment. I feel much safer going with the large now!
    Now there is just one question remaining; does anyone have a large for sale?