No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    If anyone in the U.S. is still on the fence about the Bond 25 Sperrys: Dillard's currently has them for $99.00. That's the best price for these that I've seen anywhere and they have all sizes in stock

https://www.dillards.com/p/sperry-mens-gold-cup-authentic-original-2-eye-rivington-boat-shoe/509157241

Cheers!

See post 759 :)
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    BCFDRay wrote:
    I called the Sperry store in Annapolis, Maryland and they confirmed the Titan and Rivingston are one in the same, he wasn’t sure why exactly the company uses two names for them, but said they use Rivingston on the website and marketing material, but label the boxes as Titan.

I had the same question. Google led me to the Titan only on a UK site.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    Just received my Sperry's and I concur with everyone else here that has them. Super comfortable shoes.

Luckily I grabbed the last pair that they had for sale on their website at the time and they were my size (11) and for a great price too. Shipping was free and an additional $57 off so they only cost me CAD$169.50 all in which is about US$125.

My box also said Titan as the model.

Just checked their site and it looks like they have more sizes available again. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • I have a question about the Tom Ford jeans...has anyone been wearing them and given them a good amount of use? I'm thinking because they are 100% cotton and selvage denim at that, they will most likely stretch out a little and become a size or so bigger than when they are new. A lot of 100% cotton tom ford jeans on second-hand sites have measurements listed larger than what the size suggests. I know I had a pair of size 32 levis one time that were 100% cotton and they stretched out to fit like a size 33, and then when I would put them through the wash, they would shrink back to their normal size. I'm no denim expert but thought I would ask.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    All 100% cotton denim will stretch a bit with wear. Rule of thumb for me is to get them pretty snug (not overly uncomfortable, but snug. I have gotten jeans that are VERY tight in the waist and they've stretch out to fit perfect) and with wear they'll stretch out and fit perfect.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I have worn the jeans 4 times already and I have seen a bit of give....but generally over time you will see this happen.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    The sales person at TF told me exactly the same thing.
    100% cotton jeans should be a little snug when you buy them.
    They will stretch over time.
  • TroyIkedaTroyIkeda Los Angeles Posts: 231MI6 Agent
    Yeah, they stretch about a 1/2 size up. I.e. 30 to a 31. I have some TF jeans I've been wearing for the last 2 years and just bought some new ones, not a huge difference, but definitely noticeable. (Especially in the seat area) They wear in really well and will be super comfortable.
  • music to my ears
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    Finally received my Vuarnets after my opticians got their restock.

For anybody sitting on the fence on them, I can't recommend them enough. They feel great, and the glasses themselves are, pardon the pun, crisp and crystal clear. The brown lenses feel excellent (they remind me of the CR Persols).

Go for them, you probably won't regret it.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent

For anybody sitting on the fence on them, I can't recommend them enough. They feel great, and the glasses themselves are, pardon the pun, crisp and crystal clear. The brown lenses feel excellent (they remind me of the CR Persols).

Hey, don't forget Vuarnet is a great brand....long time before Bond.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    Fred007 wrote:

Hey, don't forget Vuarnet is a great brand....long time before Bond.

Absolutely! Yet I must admit my ignorance as I only became aware of them with Spectre...
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • BasildonBasildon Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    I really like the Tom Ford jeans but it looks like they are only available with a 34" inseam, so no good for shorter 5'10" guys like me. I don't understand why some designers make jeans in only one length!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Basildon wrote:
    I really like the Tom Ford jeans but it looks like they are only available with a 34" inseam, so no good for shorter 5'10" guys like me. I don't understand why some designers make jeans in only one length!

If they are only in one length it's better to be too long than too short. You can always get them shortened for a very nominal amount.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Basildon wrote:

If they are only in one length it's better to be too long than too short. You can always get them shortened for a very nominal amount.

I agree with you Matt. I'm 6'5". A true 34 inch inseam is barely long enough for me. There are many brands with only a single pant length of 32 or 33 inches, so they are useless for me.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    The problem with tapered or slim fit jeans (or trousers) is if you have to hack 3 or 4 inches off the bottom of a 34" inseam, you can gain up to an inch of width in the cuff. Obviously it depends how dramatically the taper drops below the knee, but it can change the look of the pants.

There's also the fact that many companies pre-wash or distress their jeans after they've already been hemmed at the point of manufacture. So the new hem you get when they're shortened after purchase can look too "fresh". Plus, higher end jeans will often use chain stitching to finish the cuff, which can be expensive to replicate on a new hem (if the tailor even knows how to do it). Oh, and you also need to consider where the manufacturer decided to put the fades. For shorter guys buying long inseam, pre-distressed jeans, the fake knee front and back fades will often fall at the shin.

And if you want to shorten AND taper your jeans to keep the original fit? If they're selvedge, most guys will want to preserve the outside seam selvedge edge. Which means it's the inner leg seam that has to be cut. That's a little more difficult to do and can also be more expensive. If you need to taper them a lot, it can also throw off the look of predistressed jeans

TL;DR Jeans and pants should come in different inseams if the brand is serious about preserving the fit of their designs for customers.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    TL;DR Jeans and pants should come in different inseams if the brand is serious about preserving the fit of their designs for customers.

Absolutely. The single inseam length is just a way to save on production costs, which is worrying when you consider the price of these fashion brands.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Mine arrived yesterday too and must agree they are great lenses to look through. Got to ask though, I’ve never considered myself to have a “big head” but my wife thinks the arms were bending outward a little as if I should have the next size up? Anyone else notice this with theirs? Do they even make differently sized models?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Finally received my Vuarnets after my opticians got their restock.

Mine arrived yesterday too and must agree they are great lenses to look through. Got to ask though, I’ve never considered myself to have a “big head” but my wife thinks the arms were bending outward a little as if I should have the next size up? Anyone else notice this with theirs? Do they even make differently sized models?

Daniel Craig has a small /average size head, so the glasses that they or he pick out are usually a little on the small side.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Could anyone who has a pair of the Sperry's comment on how the sizing is please? Did you take your regular shoe size or need to go up/down? Thanks!
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    Dufus wrote:
    Could anyone who has a pair of the Sperry's comment on how the sizing is please? Did you take your regular shoe size or need to go up/down? Thanks!

Sperrys fit true to size.
    Commandant wrote:
    Dufus wrote:

Sperrys fit true to size.

Great, thanks for the quick response -{
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

I must admit I bought some of these and they’re wonderful. They actually make the world look even sunnier! :)
    And they’re a lovely shape too. They’re bigger than usual for me; I don’t think they bend when I’m wearing them, but the arms have a bent shape to them when viewed in plan, don’t they?
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    I took a US 11.5

i am US 12 in Nike, and UK 10 in Loakes & Church's.
    Dufus wrote:
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

I must admit I bought some of these and they’re wonderful. They actually make the world look even sunnier! :)
    And they’re a lovely shape too. They’re bigger than usual for me; I don’t think they bend when I’m wearing them, but the arms have a bent shape to them when viewed in plan, don’t they?

The arms are deliberately bent out at least they are on mine
    Posted in 'budget Bond' but thought it may be of interest in this thread too, apologies if not!

With a little tailoring to shorten the leg length (super easy to do) these may be a passable budget alternative to whatever the navy blue Jamaica shorts turn out to be.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/pierre-cardin-zip-swim-shorts-mens-352132?colcode=35213222

Zip-2.jpg

Zip1.jpg
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Was the stunt driver from the latest set pics wearing the Billy Reid khaki reversible shirt jacket?

350-CFC1-E-6-B4-C-4-DB4-B2-DC-107339-A9-F3-D2.jpg
    470563-A5-1-A19-43-B7-A075-84-EAD22-CAB99.jpg
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Was the stunt driver from the latest set pics wearing the Billy Reid khaki reversible shirt jacket?

It looks like Amazon has some stock of the Billy Reid khaki reversible shirt jacket.

https://www.amazon.com/Billy-Reid-Reversible-Lightweight-Resistant/dp/B07HJRLWD1?ref_=w_bl_sl_l_ap_ap_web_9313839011&th=1&psc=1
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    Looks like Ben Collins is back ?
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent

E5-C285-CE-BA51-4549-B385-85902722-CEF6.png

Maybe, here’s a screen shot from my Vlog that shows the jacket much more true to color