No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Def Bond as in DB with Lea double and also motorbike!!

Great spot - appears to be it (blazer anyhow)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    edited September 2019
    So, I think the stunt man on the bridge is highly likely to be Bond. There are various pictures/videos of the driver of the Aston Martin wearing the same jacket, which adds support to this.

F12-A07-BD-ACFA-4290-80-F4-F519-E50-E79-B6.jpg
    20424-CAA-BCB9-4-C30-8431-485-BB0-CA204-D.png
    4-D94-F1-BC-BB19-43-C6-8927-6-DDF175-CCC8-F.png

I also had confirmed to me today, by Massimo Alba that this is their suit which was supplied to the film for DC (the guy had bought it himself because of the connection). The collar, buttons, curved base, seam down back, 3 buttons and 4 sleeve buttons all fit. It also has some texture from photos and that’s due to fact, the actual suit is in a baby cord. They have evidently also supplied a coat in the same material for the film.

Unfortunately it seems to be sold out in Europe at least from SS19 season ( Massimo Only had a single size 46 left in stock from my attempts), but don’t despair, as they will re-release in SS20(also they will release in same suit black at same time). My contact will let me know so hopefully we can get some pre-warning.

So it looks like another of Daniel’s favoured personal brands gets onto the screen.

I have a 52 on order from YOOX at the sale price of £250 + p&p, but suspect this maybe too large, but at least will get to see it and then either return and wait or pass on if anyone interested. YOOX I think may have another 52. Naturally some may want to wait until we actually see Daniel in this, just in case it still turns out to be Blofeld - though he would have had escape and also hijack Madeleine as she appears to be in the car too!

These are screen shots of the suit. If anyone finds one out there in size 50 and does not want it, please PM me!!!

5-E5991-AF-BE3-C-46-A7-B9-D8-91-EE77-E54-FD2.jpg
    684-E6-D24-488-D-4-BAA-BF67-7537615-F5435.jpg
    9-BE48-BA8-3881-4-AA6-A931-85-E714-A36-CA2.jpg
    BC3587-BD-DE99-4-D6-E-BFA2-2-D493-F2-AD646.jpg
    E9-EA3-E8-E-27-E6-49-CF-9687-7-C5307-FCAF05.jpg
    FA7-CE1-C7-8-C53-40-F1-B131-937-C2-EFEBD96.jpg

Great spotting!!

The suit is still available through some channels but for 880 EUR.
    https://www.mrporter.com/en-de/mens/product/massimo-alba/suits/sand-cotton-corduroy-suit/666467152339157

The details are as follows:

Massimo Alba Sand Cotton-Corduroy Suit

Sand cotton-corduroy
    Jacket: notch lapels, functioning buttoned cuffs, chest welt pocket, three front flap pockets, double vent, partially lined
    Trousers: belt loops, four pockets, unfinished hems, partially lined
    Three button jacket, hook and zip-fastening trousers
    100% cotton; buttons: 100% horn (buffalo)
    Dry clean
    Designer colour: Desert
    Made in Italy
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Are there any members here from Europe willing to be the middleman for a Bond fan from the US? Mr. Porter won't ship here.

I'll cover your costs and throw in a bonu$$$ we can agree on.

PM me.
    Ive got the blazer (I think right one). But not the pants

D6-BF25-D1-1516-4-FE6-AFF2-99831-E04-B48-F.jpg
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Are there any members here from Europe willing to be the middleman for a Bond fan from the US? Mr. Porter won't ship here.

PM me.

If you're not yet sorted I've done this for a few AJB friends, happy to help if I can.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

PM me.

If you're not yet sorted I've done this for a few AJB friends, happy to help if I can.

That's generous of you. Thanks. Unfortunately, Mr P doesn't want to ship to Belize either, it seems.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    edited September 2019
    That suit is brutal. Just absolutely awful. Based on what I’ve seen, this film might have the worst wardrobe since LTK. This suit is easily the worst piece of tailored clothing Bond has worn in 30 years.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    That suit is brutal. Based on what I’ve seen, this film might have the worst wardrobe since LTK. I am yet to see a single article of clothing I would want to wear.

I agree. Apart from the London TF suit (a MTM of which is out of my budget right now anyway) I wouldn't be too bothered if I didn't pick up any of the items seen so far. At least it'll be a cheaper film than the last couple for some of us :)) Standing by for the NTTD and general Bond LE Omega models though—keen to see what they're like!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    With filming supposedly set to finish next month this has been a pretty dull "hunt" at the moment. Just based on my recollection of the wardrobe mania of the previous two Craig Bond films.
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    That suit is brutal. Just absolutely awful. Based on what I’ve seen, this film might have the worst wardrobe since LTK. This suit is easily the worst piece of tailored clothing Bond has worn in 30 years.

You needn't to worry, they'll fix it in post-production. After all, they managed to fix PBs tsunami surfing in the DAD! :)) :)) :))
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Anyone identified the boots yet?

james-bond-moto.jpg
    edited September 2019

I've got an old version from Zara that i used to wear years back.....remember i got quite a few comments back then for wearing it and they were not positive. I can always dust the cobwebs off it....its barely been worn :)
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Anyone identified the boots yet?

james-bond-moto.jpg

So far, it seems like the closest match for the boots Bond will be wearing are the Drake's Crosby. crt007 and welshboy mentioned them a few pages back. The boots in the photo you shared are motorcycle boots that look like the Drake's, but are probably being used only for the stunts.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    DC's Bond on a motorbike, again.. (yawn)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    They are in my opinion pretty awful looking boots compared to what DC has worn in the past. They are something you see an OAP would wear, not an MI6 spy lol
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    They are in my opinion pretty awful looking boots compared to what DC has worn in the past. They are something you see an OAP would wear, not an MI6 spy lol

I'm guessing a real MI6 operator wouldn't wear some TF suits in duty... Lol
  • TimeyswirlsTimeyswirls Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Fred007 wrote:
    shilton125 wrote:

I'm guessing a real MI6 operator wouldn't wear some TF suits in duty... Lol

Next you'll tell me exploding vehicles in several countries as well as numerous buildings, causing willy nilly International incidents and being suspended from active service every five minutes aren't totally normal MI6 behavior.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    I appreciate the sarcasm but I mean for a man like DC who does have style I'm surprised he hasnt gone with C&J for example. These look like something from Clark's lol.
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I like the suit and boots (the Drake's ones (if they are Drake's), not the ones the stunt double is wearing). I would have preferred if the suit was linen or cotton. But baby cord sounds like an interesting choice as well. Of course, I'd still need to see it in person to say I'm 100% on board. I'm also a fan of moc-toe boots (Red Wings, Aldens) so those are right up my alley.

I would definitely have changed the shirt and tie. A paler blue shirt with a solid brown knit or gren tie would have been my choice.
    We haven't seen the suit tailored for Craig yet. (Admittedly that might be worse if it's two sizes too small again.) I happen to like it, too.

I can envision three years in the future an article in GQ proclaiming that Bond's outfit in NTTD singlehandedly made it cool to wear corduroy suits again. ;)
    Guessing it will look cool on DC!
  • bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Wondering when we'll get to see DC in the suit...
    bondfan10 wrote:
    Wondering when we'll get to see DC in the suit...

Believe cast are due any day now if rumours are to be believed
    My problem with the suit is that (1) Bond shouldn’t be wearing OTR suits, and (2) the cut is atrocious. I don’t have any issue with the fabric.
    (1) Bond shouldn’t be wearing OTR suits, and (2) the cut is atrocious.

Agreed.
    Which suit? Imagine his was custom

Wouldnt go by stuntman - looks like he has rigging underneath etc
    edited September 2019
    welshboy78 wrote:

The Alba suit. What makes you think it was custom? It’s a RTW brand. Alterations do not make it custom. Cut and fit are also not the same thing. The cut is terrible - too soft and too Italian to be appropriate for Bond - a Brit - even as a casual suit.
    welshboy78 wrote:

The Alba suit. What makes you think it was custom? It’s a RTW brand. Alterations do not make it custom.

Maybe he went in and got measured up - they clearly approached Alba from my correspondence.

Just a thought!!

Regardless I dont think he will look like the stuntman even if RTW
    edited September 2019
    canoe2 wrote:
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I like the suit and boots (the Drake's ones (if they are Drake's), not the ones the stunt double is wearing). I would have preferred if the suit was linen or cotton. But baby cord sounds like an interesting choice as well. Of course, I'd still need to see it in person to say I'm 100% on board. I'm also a fan of moc-toe boots (Red Wings, Aldens) so those are right up my alley.

I would definitely have changed the shirt and tie. A paler blue shirt with a solid brown knit or gren tie would have been my choice.

Totally agree with you canoe2 especially relating to the material. Having just come back from Matera all I can say is that it was incredibly hot and sweaty, even wearing just a light t shirt and shorts, so it’s not realistic to expect that he would be wearing a cord suit. I think a decent linen shirt or suit or even a blend would look way cooler and be a more realistic choice for what he would be wearing in that environment. Also I agree they could have chosen a nicer pale blue shirt with a different tie colour. I am not feeling the clothing choices so far. Some of the prior choices have been inspired and great choices like the Sunspel Riviera because they are affordable and because they are something that we can all wear without looking as though we are trying too hard. I for one do not believe the current clothing would prompt someone to go wow you look stylish. Maybe I am wrong and once the film comes out I will be eating my words. My wallet is certainly happier so far though.
    welshboy78 wrote:

The Alba suit. What makes you think it was custom? It’s a RTW brand. Alterations do not make it custom. Cut and fit are also not the same thing. The cut is terrible - too soft and too Italian to be appropriate for Bond - a Brit - even as a casual suit.

I understand what you're saying. But I think I may be looking at things a little differently. First, we know we'll be getting two (at least) more classically tailored suits from Tom Ford. I am glad it looks like they've finally started moving away from the shrunken suits of SF and SP to go back to a more traditional cut with a better fit. And the suitings are great. Not sold on the tie bar + the tab collar + shiny tie. But I'll wait to see it in action before being too judgemental.

As for the Alba suit: I see it as casual wear. And throughout the franchise Bond's casual wear has a) often been OTR (and sometimes even branded) and b) has reflected the fashion of the times. For me, the Alba suit is no different. That soft construction or unstructured Italian style is very much in fashion right now (see Cucinelli, Zegna, Kiton, Drake's, etc. etc.). Personally, I really like the look when it's executed well. As welshboy suggested, I'll reserve final judgement until I see Craig in action wearing it, since the one the stunt double is wearing is sized to accommodate harnesses or for riding a motorcycle.

And, quite frankly, I'm glad they're experimenting with his casual outfits instead of trying to make his proper suits trendy again. Just my two cents! Cheers! {[]