Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

1270271272273274276»

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Is their view better because they can see you across the way?

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Bingo! 😁

Or rather, one can see where I live. As you can tell I'm a very modest man and I'm aware I'm not attractive enough to be a tourist attraction myself.

I have to say about the above conversation: other than the geographical parts, I'm joking 🙂

edited September 2021

I haven't seen NTTD yet, but I still have a spoiler! Fantorangen is in NTTD! Who is Fantorangen, you say? He (?) is a orange/red stuffed elephant who's an important figure and channel host in children's programs on NRK. James Bond or any of the other actors don't have any dialog with Fantorangen (but wouldn't that be cool! 🤪). Instead Fantorangen appears on a TV screen in one scene. Now I've got one more thing to look for in the cinema ...

I'm watching NTTD with a friend tomorrow night. My friend and I saw Dune together at the cinema recently. When the NTTD trailer was shown my friend leaned over to me and whispered: "So he's came back for one more?". I think it will be interesting to hear the reactions of someone who's only seen the trailer and that's all the spoilers he knows.

• SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent

I spoiled the movie for myself a few days ago. I posted back when Daniel Craig announced his return that I didn't think it was the best idea. That Spectre although not the best was still a good send off. Also, that the writers essentially wrote themselves in a box with the ending to Spectre and had few good options.

I didn't want to see another Die Another Day and leave the theater with those feelings again. I'm glad I spoiled it. I'm in no rush to see a Bond movie for the first time in my life.

Honestly, I think the series is close to finished. If that guy from Omega is right, there won't be another Bond movie till 2024. I can't remember if he said that before or after the covid pandemic. Still, with how sloppy the Daniel Craig movies are at times. And given the movies are produced by the same people since Goldeneye. I have little hope for the Bond series.

"Better late than never."

I disagree. The series hasn't been more vital in a long time. Imagine where the series was near the end of RM's tenure or during the then unpresedented pause between LTK and GF. I'm watching NTTD tonight so I can't say much more than I already have, but the word people use again and again is "vibrant". Isn't this the wrong time to be negative about Bond?

The many years between movies is a problem, especially compared to Mission Impossible and (unfairly) the Marvel movies. I think there should be 3-4 years between every movie, because less time will probably lead to lower quality. More time between movies is clearly too much. Maybe Amazon will be helpful, maybe a new actor who needs less rest between movies will change things.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,307Chief of Staff

I agree with N24, except that I really would like a shorter gap (2 years tops) between movies. I know I'm probably being unrealistic here. 😓

• SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent

The recent Bond movies are definitely financially successful. Most globally known movie properties are these days. They have more means than ever to market their movies. But creatively, I'm not too sure you can say the Bond movies are that successful. When you see scenes and themes straight from other popular series in the Bond movies, that's not successful to me.

However, I do know when I first watched Live and Let Die, I didn't know it had themes of a Blaxploitation movie. I didn't even know that term back then. Nor did I know that The Man with the Golden Gun had elements of Hong Kong action movies. And I still don't know why Diamonds Are Forever became more of a comedy compared to the previous movies. So I guess the Bond movies being influenced by movies of the time isn't new thing.

I checked wiki and Connery's Bond films came out once a year until You Only Live Twice which was a two year gap. Which is pretty amazing and those are quality movies. I didn't grow up with Connery movies. I've never seen one in the theaters. But Connery's first 5 will most likely never be topped to me.

After Connery, then they started to get a two and at times three year gap between movies. That two to three years between movies seems good to me. Of course, provided they can come up with good stories. The gap did nothing for Die Another Day (three years), or for Skyfall (four years), or I can safely say to me No Time to Die (six years).

"Better late than never."

I didn't know where to post this, but it looks like David Zaritsky is about to interview Daniel Craig om The Bond Experience in about ten minutes.

So early in the development process they expected Bond to spend a lot of time in a cold climate. Interesting ..... 🤔

The Bond Experience is interviewing Cary Fukunaga tomorrow!

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent

I always wondered about Craigs acting when he visits Blofeld in NTTD but after seeing the two Knives Out movies its totally clear to me that he was already Benoit Blanc in the entire scene. its so much him when he combines everything with one hand in his pocket and gesturing with the other. even his strong southern accent shines sometimes through haha. guess he was done with James Bond before they finished the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGp2N30bf2U

I never thought of that before, but you're right! 😂