J Crew Kenton Sahara plain toe Interest Thread

124»

Comments

• Castle007Castle007 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I think he was the guy trying sell some TF108's which were dubious.

Dubious in what way? The reason I’m asking is because I messaged him on eBay about the boots and he said he doesn’t ship internationally (I’m in Canada) because he’s had bad experiences in the past. Then he mentioned about a past experience where he shipped a pair of TF108’s to someone and they complained because the box “had a hair in it”. It sounds ridiculous but I’d like to get all the facts about this guy if I could before committing to buying the boots from him.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Castle007 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I think he was the guy trying sell some TF108's which were dubious.

Dubious in what way? The reason I’m asking is because I messaged him on eBay about the boots and he said he doesn’t ship internationally (I’m in Canada) because he’s had bad experiences in the past. Then he mentioned about a past experience where he shipped a pair of TF108’s to someone and they complained because the box “had a hair in it”. It sounds ridiculous but I’d like to get all the facts about this guy if I could before committing to buying the boots from him.
    Well you can make your own judgment from his charming posts westward drift has found but to give you some further info, he was trying to sell some TF108's for a lot of money, the photos were poor and he had wrong information, he posted that he'd had them from new and had got them through some contact at luttoxica where they were made, I pointed out that marcolin made them he posted a photo of the case that was from the Internet, the details of the glasses ie size colour etc from the inside of the arm had "rubbed off" through cleaning though the glasses were apparently hardly worn. He didn't take kindly to these problems and inconsistencies being pointed out. In the end Sir Miles asked him to provide proper photos that he claimed to have, of course he didn't and Sir Miles pushed the button on him.
    I wouldn't buy from him personally, purely because he lied, the fact he bought things here at a members rate then tried to flip them for a higher price just makes him look bad, but in essence their is nothing wrong with making a profit.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Well I finally managed to get through to Aldo’s customer service department. I was briefly elated and then disappointed. I spoke with someone on the phone and I was told that if there was enough demand, Aldo might consider doing a limited run of the Meggiano. I then asked if there was anyone in a senior position with whom I could discuss this more concretely. I was transferred to their head of marketing and production. The person I spoke with informed me that despite what the other gentleman had told me, Aldo has no plans to re-issue or do a limited run of the Meggiano at this time. They didn’t rule out doing it at some point in the future, but there are no plans for the foreseeable future.

So their reply, in the end, seems to be much the same as J. Crew’s was. I guess we have nothing to do but wait and in the meantime see if someone changes their mind.
  • Castle007, sent you a PM.
    Castle007, sent you a PM.

Sent a reply back.
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    I guess no news on a reissue . I contacted them and subscribed to their email.Has anyone heard
    anything ?thanks
    Anthony