Jany Temime says John Varvatos made the Morocco Jacket

13»

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Would be really unfortunate for all those who spent that amount of money on a presumably screen accurate item if it turned out Bond has never worn Matchless. Even so I've heard a lot about Matchless's terrible costumer service from you guys so lets hope they're not part of Bond 25 in any way.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Customer service may have been an issue but i have three of the Craig Matchless Blouson, the suede one and two leather ones and the quality has been fantastic. I've only ever received positive comments on these jackets and the JV navy suede one.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    I really just think that Matchless got the approvals to license and sell the jacket, just like Belstaff did with the "Hero" jacket from War of the Worlds (when Malenotti was running it). Belstaff didn't make the jacket for the War of the Worlds but they sold the jacket after the fact.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    But it was marketed as being in the movie before it was released. I think they made the jacket otherwise they would not legally be able to say as worn in spectre in the movie.
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Maybe jv have a Rolex type mentality and wont pay for an item to be used, I dont recall jv making anything out of the racer being used in sp? Or the Martian jacket for that reason.

They do subtly. https://www.johnvarvatos.com/exclusive-suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html

"A double-agent approved style from the archives of MI-6..."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Maybe jv have a Rolex type mentality and wont pay for an item to be used, I dont recall jv making anything out of the racer being used in sp? Or the Martian jacket for that reason.

They do subtly. https://www.johnvarvatos.com/exclusive-suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html

Do they think "Double-0 agent" and "double agent" have the same meaning? :#
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    :)) I wondered that myself
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I don’t think people who bought the Matchless should be too worried. Jany Temime was likely just confused when she made that Varvatos remark that spawned this panic. Recently I saw a comment she left on instagram where she declared that Bond didn’t wear any three piece suits in Spectre. She tried to walk it back when she was politely reminded that Bond wore two three piece suits, but the point is that she has not memorized every detail from these films.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I don’t think people who bought the Matchless should be too worried. Jany Temime was likely just confused when she made that Varvatos remark that spawned this panic. Recently I saw a comment she left on instagram where she declared that Bond didn’t wear any three piece suits in Spectre. She tried to walk it back when she was politely reminded that Bond wore two three piece suits, but the point is that she has not memorized every detail from these films.

I was just going to post the same thing about the 3 piece suit thing. I couldn’t make heads or tail what she was talking about. She basically said Bond did not wear any 3 piece suits, then said he wore 2.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Yeah I also saw the suit comment and was scratching my head - think its fair to say she prob has a lot of details in her head and things get mixed up as we have seen with a few things now
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Do they think "Double-0 agent" and "double agent" have the same meaning? :#

He was a double-agent because he was working for John Varvatos and Matchless at the same time! :o
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Double agent would evoke double-oh without infringing on the 007 trademark.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Double agent would evoke double-oh without infringing on the 007 trademark.

It evokes it at first glance, but if you think about it for another second it's just so wrong. "Secret agent" probably sounds too 1960s, but that was the standard generic term back then.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    We are in the process of an attempt to get to the bottom of this....stay tuned.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    We are in the process of an attempt to get to the bottom of this....stay tuned.

David, if you have the ear of anyone at JV please bring up a release for the Martain Jacket in brown and light tan in the Star USA line.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Matchless owners, loosen your belts and breathe a sigh of relief! I have been in contact with Jany, and this is what she has just sent me:

“Indeed the blue one is from Varvatos and the beige one from Matchless.sorry! Xxx

Jany”

So crisis averted...
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Nice!