Question about the Living Daylights plot

2»

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    TLD is sh*te - just sayin' 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    One man's Sh*te is another man's treasure.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    One man's Sh*te is another man's treasure.

Like green trainers :o :p
    YNWA 97
  • WadsyWadsy Auckland, New ZealandPosts: 410MI6 Agent
    edited January 2018
    Let me ask a dumb question. Was Kara actually set as the sniper to protect Koskov and shoot someone who gets in the way, or kill him? This entire time I was under the assumption that she was there to pretend to try to kill him, but then I read something about protecting him. Which is it?

Basically, was she there to assassinate him or vice versa?
    1. FYEO 2. OHMSS 3. LTK 4. FRWL 5. TLD 6. TSWLM 7. GF 8. AVTAK 9. MR 10. DN 11. SF 12. LALD 13. TB 14. OP 15. CR 16. GE 17. YOLT 18. TMWTGG 19. SP 20. TND 21. TWINE 22. QOS 23. NTTD 24. DAF 25. DAD 26. NSNA 27. CR '67

1. Dalton 2. Moore 3. Connery 4. Craig 5. Lazenby 6. Brosnan
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,362Chief of Staff
    Her rifle was loaded with blanks, which she didn't know about. Her purpose was to convince the British that Koskov's defection was real and get killed herself since she knew too much about his plans.

Bond discovers the rifle contains blanks: AA_OLD_MAN.jpg

Bond to Saunders: She's not a KGB sniper, she's Koskov's girlfriend. She shot blanks to make his defection look real to us.

Bond to Kara: He told us a sniper might try to kill him, and he set you up as the sniper, Kara. He wants you dead.
    I've fixed that for you, Barbel ;)

Barbel wrote:

Bond weeps and discovers the rifle contains blanks: AA_OLD_MAN.jpg

Thank you, Higgins, much appreciated. :)
    Higgins wrote:
    I've fixed that for you, Barbel ;)

Barbel wrote:

Bond weeps and discovers the rifle case contains green trainers: AA_OLD_MAN.jpg

Fixed that for you Jizzy Higgy :p
    YNWA 97
    I wonder, Higgins, if you've ever noticed how often a man in green trainers dies in Shakespeare's Sir James Bond...?
    Haven‘t read it for quite some time to be honest... ;%

Thought so, otherwise you'd have said something by now!
    It‘s very tiresome for me to read, 50% of it I don‘t understand :(

I do hope you mean "tiring"! :))

Yes, I appreciate that.
    Barbel wrote:
    Her rifle was loaded with blanks, which she didn't know about. Her purpose was to convince the British that Koskov's defection was real and get killed herself since she knew too much about his plans.

Bond to Saunders: She's not a KGB sniper, she's Koskov's girlfriend. She shot blanks to make his defection look real to us.

Bond to Kara: He told us a sniper might try to kill him, and he set you up as the sniper, Kara. He wants you dead.

My point is was it supposed to look like she was there to kill Koskov because he was running from the KGB or vice verse?
    1. FYEO 2. OHMSS 3. LTK 4. FRWL 5. TLD 6. TSWLM 7. GF 8. AVTAK 9. MR 10. DN 11. SF 12. LALD 13. TB 14. OP 15. CR 16. GE 17. YOLT 18. TMWTGG 19. SP 20. TND 21. TWINE 22. QOS 23. NTTD 24. DAF 25. DAD 26. NSNA 27. CR '67

Wadsy wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

My point is was it supposed to look like she was there to kill Koskov because he was running from the KGB or vice verse?

I’m not sure what the ‘vice versa’ would be there ?:) but it’s obviously to stop him defecting...as explained by Barbel -{
    YNWA 97
    Right. I love TLD and it’s one of my personal favourites but that part was extremely confusing for me. Thanks for clearing that up, so her bullets were blanks which she didn’t know about because she never shot any bullets.

Wadsy wrote:
    Right. I love TLD and it’s one of my personal favourites but that part was extremely confusing for me. Thanks for clearing that up, so her bullets were blanks which she didn’t know about because she never shot any bullets.

Correct. She was only there as Koskov knew he needed his defection to appear real - plus he figured Bond would kill her and therefore tie up a loose end for him.
    YNWA 97
    ....outsourcing a breakup - brilliant ! :))

For Your Eyes Only and the Timothy Dalton Bond films are my favourites. Serious, harder edge plot not focusing on world domination or outlandish plots, but realistic spy thrillers that Ian Fleming envisioned. The Bond girls in all of these movies aren't just there for stupid cheap laughs either... Ok maybe Talisa Soto was a bit along those lines but she was gorgeous.

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    ....outsourcing a breakup - brilliant ! :))
    :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Plots doesn't have to be complicated to be interesting , Leone's GBU is bascially about the hunt for gold.
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Plots doesn't have to be complicated to be interesting , Leone's GBU is bascially about the hunt for gold.

And what a film that is -{ -{