I would like to know if any
of you chaps know about
a reading of the Goldfinger
novel that was broadcasted
on bbc radio in the eighties.
I

Comments

• Four of diamondsFour of diamonds Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I can't seem to find it anywhere. I had them all on tape, but no longer. It was my favorite version back then. If you know anything about this production, please let me know. Thanks.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    First of all, welcome to AJB, Four of diamonds. -{ You might like to formally introduce yourself here: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/34154/welcome-comings-goings/page/82/

I'm afraid I've not heard of that one before, despite having a deep interest in the radio Bonds. Was it one of those novel readings as opposed to a radio play? Of course I was only born in the 1980s (I'm 33) but I've not heard of this one before. I hope someone out there has a recording of it, though, and can help you out. :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rq1w3
    Is it this version with Sir Ian McKellen and Toby Stephens ?
    Sadly I don't think these plays are commercially available.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    You can find it on youtube. Definitely recommend it, it's good fun. Some other novels are there also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=girg_bSFutw
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    The OP is looking for a reading of the Goldfinger novel on BBC Radio from some time in the 1980s however, as opposed to the radio play which dates from 2010. It sounds more like Radio 4's Book at Bedtime or something like that.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    Apologies, missed that part. Cannot help you there either OP.
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
    Mr_Osato wrote:
    Apologies, missed that part. Cannot help you there either OP.

Not to worry. We're all trying our best to help each other here. Thanks for the link. :) -{