WTB N.Peal Cashmere Jumpers

HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
Spectre Fumo Grey Cashmere Roll Neck (XS/Small)

or

Skyfall Lapis Blue Oxford (XS)

Postage either directly to me in Sydney, Australia or UK

Comments

• richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    Jumpers in all sizes still available at N.Peal -{
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Thanks but I’m looking for someone selling one cheaper than new, used or unwanted gift etc.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Jumpers in all sizes still available at N.Peal -{

I'm guessing he's looking for one for a little bit cheaper than their retail. They're such staple Bond pieces and plenty of members have them, so i'm sure some will turn up for good prices at some point :)
  • Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 371MI6 Agent
    I'm looking for a Spectre Fumo Grey Cashmere Roll Neck too, in size S or M.
    Pm if someone sell one.
  • jdwad246jdwad246 Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    I am seriously considering purchasing the Skyfall Blue Wave sweater. Beyond the Bond connection, is this sweater worth the price?
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    jdwad246 wrote:
    I am seriously considering purchasing the Skyfall Blue Wave sweater. Beyond the Bond connection, is this sweater worth the price?

Personally i feel that the sweaters from N.Peal are more than worth it even without the Bond connection. Granted i'm not necessarily a fan of the Blue Wave color but its a classic sweater that will never go out of style and assuming you care for it properly a quality cashmere sweater can easily last you 10 to 20 years. Over that time frame the cost becomes quite low!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    edited February 2018
    jdwad246 wrote:

Not all Cashmere is equal you must remember there is in manufacturing and quality difference between machine spun cashmere garments pumped out of China which you could probably pick up for under $100 vs cashmere garments that are hand made by a boutique firm of a small number of individuals.

The price vs value is somewhat subjective to your lifestyle and means of living. If someone is happy buying Cotton/Polyester mix jumpers (nothing wrong with that) then forking out $400/$500+ for one is probably not going to outweigh the benefit of the garment itself and seem like a ridiculous purchase.

If you are used to purchasing high end products or even if you are looking to make your first purchase of one my personal opinion is the N.Peal jumpers are well worth the money, although I would still prefer to buy discounted from someone who has maybe only worn it a couple of times etc.

When you look at Tom Ford, Brunello Cucinelli these cost in excess of $1000 USD for 100% Cashmere and are more of fashion statement than a practical piece of clothing in my opinion. N.Peal, with its heritage really isn't too bad.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    jdwad246 wrote:

Not all Cashmere is equal you must remember there is in manufacturing and quality difference between machine spun cashmere garments pumped out of China which you could probably pick up for under $100 vs cashmere garments that are hand made by a boutique firm of a small number of individuals.

The price vs value is somewhat subjective to your lifestyle and means of living. If someone is happy buying Cotton/Polyester mix jumpers (nothing wrong with that) then forking out $400/$500+ for one is probably not going to outweigh the benefit of the garment itself and seem like a ridiculous purchase.

If you are used to purchasing high end products or even if you are looking to make your first purchase of one my personal opinion is the N.Peal jumpers are well worth the money, although I would still prefer to buy discounted from someone who has maybe only worn it a couple of times etc.

When you look at Tom Ford, Brunello Cucinelli these cost in excess of $1000 USD for 100% Cashmere and are more of fashion statement than a practical piece of clothing in my opinion. N.Peal, with its heritage really isn't too bad.

Great response!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    jdwad246 wrote:

For people living in the UK, N.Peal is a great bargain for what you get. If you live elsewhere where the exchange rate is not in your favour and have to factor in the costs of customs, taxes, delivery, etc., the cost for new can become prohibitive. I don't blame people looking here to see if they can get a deal.

For instance I live in Canada and without taxes, delivery, duties, customs, etc. price for me for the Cable Roll Neck Jumper is $530 right off the top. Factor all those other things in and this jumper will cost me way over $800 if I buy it directly from N.Peal.

That's a lot of money to spend on just a jumper. If it only cost me $299 +taxes, it wouldn't even be an issue and I'd have multiple ones in my closet right now. Not everyone is lucky enough to be living where it's advantageous to purchase certain items.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    If anyone is selling anything N.Peal that is XL or XXL other than the charcoal mock neck (already have it) let me know. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”