Does anybody think this would be spectacular to behold?

Wint and Kidd far-outWint and Kidd far-out AustraliaPosts: 109MI6 Agent
In real life if you're attacked by a chainsaw you're pretty much dead meat, but I've been fantasizing about a random thug attacking Bond in a movie with such a weapon. I can easily see the film crew making an adrenaline pumping sequence with Bond making plenty of exaggerated ducking and weaving until somehow finding a way to gain the upper hand and incapacitate his opponent.

What do others think of this idea?
Roger Moore is my favourite 007 R.I.P.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Bond has already fought a "Buzz saw " carrying villain
    In Octopussy. So he's sort of already done it.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Bond has already fought a "Buzz saw " carrying villain
    In Octopussy. So he's sort of already done it.

The buzz saw (very similar to the chainsaw") taken to new levels by making it a yo-yo!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    The chainsaw in another form (attached to a helicopter) also attacked Bond in The World Is Not Enough.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    It could work if done well.
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    Agree that it could work well, even with it having similarities maybe to the scene in Octopussy.
    In OP a circular saw is used as a jo-jo. That's a pretty long way from a chainsaw, so that won't be a problem.

I think a fight between Bond and a chainsaw-veilding henchman would work best if it happened in a convinced space with obstacles that the chainsaw can cut, but the obstacles slow it down. The obstacles should start a chain reaction when cut, such as other objects starting to move when one object is cut. I have more than once clearer a forrest area after a hurricane. It all worked as a gigant Mikado game. It wasn't boring.
    I think in The Deep, there was a fight with two
    Outboard motors. Now that's a Man's fight.
    Only girls fight with chainsaws these days :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I would like to see a fight using crampons and ice axes between people hanging from ropes (initially) in a cravice in a glacier.
    ...... and knives to cut ropes.
    In The Commuter, there's a fight between two
    Men. One with an axe, the other has a guitar.
    Which as an instrument can be called an "axe ".
    I'm guessing this was a deliberate joke.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    I don't know, it's already been done well by other movies that I'm partial to.
    Why do it again?
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_lzq0adNljH1qfj4nqo6_500.gif
    Though, I admit, that has to be my worst argument yet.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,700MI6 Agent
    Maybe the henchman toting the chainsaw could be played by Eminem? :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    With a Ice Hockey mask, or leather face ? :D
  • philpogphilpog Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    There's a wild fight between Rod Taylor and Peter Carsten in DARK OF THE SUN that involves chainsaws, but the best cinematic chainsaw duel will always be Conan Lee vs. Gordon Liu in TIGER ON THE BEAT. You can see clips of the latter starting at 0:48:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAe32VfghMM
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,700MI6 Agent
    With a Ice Hockey mask, or leather face ? :D

Yes, I was going to mention that in my post, but held back. Blood splattered overalls would be the cherry on the icing too! :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).